Kubotans: Who carries One

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

TSA:

Thousands,just
Standing
Around
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I have the one on the left in this pic, only mine had a plainedged blade. I ended up deciding that the blade was not likely to be all that effective and filled the kubotan with lead instead. It definitely has a good heft to it now :D
Dr. Snubnose wrote: and some with little surprises inside:
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

As close to a Kubotan Christmas tree as I can get...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
JT

Post by JT »

Doc,
here's some of mine, along with some flashlights and pens:

Nice X-mas tree btw :D :D
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Nice collection, Doc. The only kubotan I have is identical to the one in picture #1, furthest to the right. I used to carry it every day, but it got bumped in favor of a silver Surefire E1B.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:As close to a Kubotan Christmas tree as I can get...Doc :D
cool! that's one lethal tree! :eek: :cool:
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

I am kind of late to the party on this one. First, Doc is being very modest when he speaks about that steel kubotan! It has to be held! Better yet, felt, to appreciate. I think many times kubotans are misunderstood sd tools.

I think a true understanding of reality is needed to get the most out of a kubotan or various types of pocket sticks. With that in mind, I like and currently have a custom one made of Ti that is tapered on both ends. It is 7 and 5/8 inches long. Custom kydex sheath.

I believe it is approx 3 quarter inches in diameter. I had this one made for working protection details about 2 years ago. It was a nice alternative to flat out cutting and/or shooting someone. It worked well within those guidelines.

Very crude(beautiful) looking piece.........at least to me. I must admit my EDC nowadays is a fullsize, Tuff-writer pen. I have a black sanitized model and a executive model. I will try to get some pics up.........after I figure it out! Take care all and God Bless.
Dr. Snubnose

Dejammer

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Here's a pic of a Kubotan "Like" keychain...I got it from Mas Ayoob a few years back...it's a key chain for sure, but it is really a Dejammer for Firearms, for defective bullets that might get lodged in the tube causing a malfunction or jam. Just thrust the end into the tube of the firearm, a quick bang of the back end against anything hard and out pops the bad bullet, It's also great for popping out spent casings in a revolver that might get caught under the extractor star during a rapid extraction, cause by slapping the extractor rod to hard during a reload (been there done that!)...in either case the firearm is now back in action...one end also has threading that it could also double as a cleaning rod for the firearm...Though I have used it for just about any Kubotan technique one could use and it's very effective, Mas warned me about using it for thrusting techniques because of it's slim nature he was afraid that it might penetrate the human body....I was like so.... :p ....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

As I understand it, the Zebra 701 stainless steel pen makes a nice kubotan, and you can write with it. It also costs under $10 shipped from most outlets. This makes it a viable alternative to the SF & BM pens, which cost in excess of $80 typically.
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

with some mods, I think this might have some potential. AAA powered light source, 160 lumens out the front. titanium construction.

Preon II, from 4sevens.com

ImageImage
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

sarguy wrote:with some mods, I think this might have some potential. AAA powered light source, 160 lumens out the front. titanium construction.

Preon II, from 4sevens.com

ImageImage
Sarguy, You don't need to blind the guy before hitting him you know...but then again, that just might work out fine...LOL....Doc :D

kevininstructor

Post by kevininstructor »

Toad310 wrote:I have Hindrer Kubatons, and are carried daily.

Mine has the pen attatchment, and recently, I got a ticket, and signed it with the kubaton, the cop knew nothing.

I also saunter thru the metal detectors at the courthouse when I show up to fight the ticket. They never catch it.

Thank you Titanium.

I Don't pull this at the airport, as I Don't trust the TSA.
In regards to TSA and Hindrer Kubaton setup as a pen, I took mine from Oregon (three stops) to Florida then Florida to NY then to Oregon. Each time I had to give up the pen for entering secured areas I first took the cap and screwed it to the top end and no questions at all on what it was. The same for my Tuff Writer pen. I also take them into court houses and still no issues.
The :spyder: Endura IV rocks!!!
My home
kevininstructor

Post by kevininstructor »

Expensive but worth it.

The :spyder: Endura IV rocks!!!
My home
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Don't forget the Pelican case it comes with!
grunt0331

Post by grunt0331 »

Monkeywrangler wrote:As I understand it, the Zebra 701 stainless steel pen makes a nice kubotan, and you can write with it. It also costs under $10 shipped from most outlets. This makes it a viable alternative to the SF & BM pens, which cost in excess of $80 typically.
... and the refills are only about $2. wow, i've carried that pen for a couple years and didn't even know how dangerous i was. FYI, Walmart sells this pen.

as for self defense, i have never trained with a kubaton, and do not own any. i do, however, almost always carry a Klein Tools 11-n-1 screwdriver in my back pocket that has come in handy in at least one hairy situation.

i spent some time as a bouncer when i got out of the Suck. i always carried a Leatherman. at closing time i would hold it in my left hand as i threw unfinished beverages into the trash. i got hit with a beer bottle one night and sent that unlucky drunk to the ER for a repair job.
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Yeah, I snagged a pair of Zebra pens & 2 sets of refills for stocking stuffers!
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?