Take care Brad

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
araneae

Take care Brad

Post by araneae »

I just found out that tricod/Brad Southard had a little motorcycle accident today. He's a bit banged up & may have a broken ankle, but is otherwise alright.

Take care Brad, hope you have a speedy recovery.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Prayers sent to him.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

As a rider myself, I truly feel for you Brad. Prayers for your quick and full recovery!
Tank

Post by Tank »

Thoughts sent Brad, hope you have a smooth recovery.
-John
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Ow ! That's not good. Brad, hope you are well and recover without any complications. Been in bad accident myself and the consequences can sometimes stay with you forever.

Get well soon
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Brad, You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery knifebro....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Jurphaas

to Brad

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Brad. Bad luck day today, what? Take the rest you need and get well soon!
Jurphaas. :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Oh that sux. Praying for him.
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

get well Brad
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Ouch! Hope it heals quickly Brad, and that there wasn't too much damage to the bike. I know from experience that hopping around on crutches is no fun, especially in colder weather.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Get well buddy.
Come Join Us Click Here
JT

Post by JT »

All the best, and speedy recovery to a fellow motorist!
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Billy

Post by Billy »

Heal fast Brad. Been there done that myself...twice. :o
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

When I saw him this morning and he said he lost his ride, I guess I should have queried more as to what he meant!
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Thank you so much! Yeah it wasnt to pleasant. I did still make it to the Spyderco Sale this morning, and hobbled around a bit, but now I'm back home, ice, leg up, its pretty swollen, but I dont think any breaks. Kinda hard to say. I may head to the doc here in a few. I wrote this long right up late last night and posted it on USN, but here you are.

It was great though cause I had 6 guys come with me to the show and they helped be out a ton! They helped me find knives for many of you, and helped me hobble around as well.

"Hey all,

Well, its somber news today it seems. Laid down my BMW today. Was on my way to Spyderco to pick up some new knives, and traction just got away from me while making a right turn. I think I was Cruising somewhere around 25-30, but its hard to say. I’ve taken this turn 100 times. Today I guess just the right level of dust had built up on the turn after some recent snow (road was dry) that the fine talcum like dust on my cold tires just didn’t stick.

First time I've laid a bike down on the road. I’ve dropped bikes on dirt, and standing still, and things like that, but this was the first time in action on the road. Every other time as well, ive known… ok well if you give it more gas it pulls out… or something. Or just check your footing before you stop… these sorts of things. This one left me standing there going… WTF

I actually faired ok. My gear did its job very well. I have a small bit a rash on my knee that came from my pants shifting... So that’s great news! The bad news is, I seem to have hurt my ankle pretty good when the bike kinda landed on it. I can walk, put weight on it, move it in all direction's. Some directions are seriously painful.

I picked myself up, dusted myself off, got the bike off the ground... which was alot easier that I expected. That adrenaline is pretty sweet, for the time being. Headed back to my place which was less than a mile away. Checked myself out, gave the bike a full once over looking for crack, breaks, the really serious stuff. Took stock of damages and decided I needed to still finish my run to Spyderco to pick up the new product. Hoped back on and headed to Golden. Not the brightest Idea looking back. But I made it to and back with no problems. Parked the bike and headed inside. At which point my adrenaline was gone, and I crashed.

Ankles pretty big right now, hurts really good. Because of the movements I can do, and the fact that I can put weight on it tells me its not broken, but I think I may have a fracture for sure. I decided to give it till the morning to see how it felt. See where the swelling is, and then if needed head to the Doc. Rest of the body is sore, but nothing to note really. So... thats where I'm at.

Bikes fine for the most part. Scratches and scrapes mostly. Cracked rear plastic, new turn signals, new brake lever. But over all not bad.

Ankles being iced, and elevated, but I'm in a rough spot, I cant afford the medical costs at the moment, so... yeah Your prayers would be very appreciated.

I'm thankful to the Lord that things worked out as well as they did... could have been a lot worse"
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

best wishes for a speedy recovery!
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

really sorry to hear that, brad. :( i hope you recover in record time.

try to take vitamins, eat lots of healthy stuff... especially fruits and veggies... and most importantly, give your body the rest it needs.

wishing you the best!

-jason
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Brad,
get well soon
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
v8r

Post by v8r »

get well soon brother. :)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p