Facebook...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ront

Facebook...

Post by ront »

How many of you are on it if you don't mind my asking? I never really got into MySpace, but I have enjoyed FB and caught up with a lot of friends that I have not spoken with in years.

Ron
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I originally got on about eight months ago in order to put up old family pictures for everyone to see. I have run into a number of old friends and enjoy being able to keep track of friends and family.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
ColonelX1

Post by ColonelX1 »

Myspace sucks!

FACEBOOK!
FACEBOOK!
FACEBOOK!
FACEBOOK!
FACEBOOK!
Pick a Card, Any Card

:My Spyders:spyder:
Orange G10 Wharnie Urban 064v
Blue/grey Waved Delica 4 (gifted to my close friend who is headed to Anapolis)
Black FRN Jester Ghetto Wave

ATS-55 SS harpy in full spyder edge!(loved, and then gifted to a Plebe at annapolis)
Carbon Fiber KIWI
Manix2CE 064v Ghetto Wave
SSSE Cricket
Delica4 full SE Ghetto Wave

May your food be rich, your knives be honed, your women be sweet, and your good friends stoned.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I am, it's a lot of fun.It's kinda nice to be able to find old friends.You don't have as much of the "kid" type stuff that goes on. :)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
knifedude

Post by knifedude »

I too am on facebook. It has been great getting to talk to friends that I have not seen or talked to in 20+ years.
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Don't call me old far*... I've been on the web for more than 10 years and been using it like a tool....

I registered to FB and Twitter and myspace and had more troubles than joy.

Yes, you get to see pictures of people you like you would never have seen, and you get to see people you haven't seen in a long while......

But....

If you have to move from one place to another.... Who is going to help you move your furnitures... Those are your real friends...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

So... have all of you checked out Spyderco on FB? ;)

(I know v8r has... he even found me :D ).
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

ront wrote:How many of you are on it if you don't mind my asking? I never really got into MySpace, but I have enjoyed FB and caught up with a lot of friends that I have not spoken with in years.

Ron
Not on it!...I think for me it's all about what you mentioned as the friends I haven't spoken to in all these years..I figure If I have not spoken to them in all these years why would I want to now!!!......Haven't been to spyderco's face book either....am I missing something here...or is not just an advertising for spyderco corp....I figure the forum rocks and I can contact anyone I want through this method.....Doc :) :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

I'm with Dr Snubnose.

I looked over a friend's shoulder while he logged on...the only 'people' we found were 'aquaintences' from school & old jobs we were happy never to talk to again. The ones we want to talk to have remained in our lives.

The relationships on these sites appear self-centred and 1 dimensional. These sites brainwash people into believing your worth is not in the quality of your friends but in their number.

Also, the information these sites require to register is far too intimate and personal for what a social networking site should require!!! Why do they NEED that amount of info?!? Who is keeping it secure????

The damage that can be done by a cyber-crim with a just birthdate, phone number, street address and some names of your friends to verify they know you over the phone.... is quite scary. And these sites 'require' far more than that to register!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

I am on Facebook and think it is great!
Vic
jritayik

Post by jritayik »

I love it, it's the non-invasive high school reunion. I've found people I hadn't talked to in 30 years. It a nice walk down memory lane.
minnshooter

Post by minnshooter »

I am on Facebook as well, and yes TazKristi, I am a fan of Spyderco on there!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Not on it!...I think for me it's all about what you mentioned as the friends I haven't spoken to in all these years..I figure If I have not spoken to them in all these years why would I want to now!!!......Haven't been to spyderco's face book either....am I missing something here...or is not just an advertising for spyderco corp....I figure the forum rocks and I can contact anyone I want through this method.....Doc :) :D
I hope you're not missing anything Doc, otherwise so am I, for about the same reasons. :o :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

I'm addicted to the cheezy games. If you want another neighbor for Farmville or Mafia Wars, add me as a friend. Otherwise, there's here, Foodieforums, and Bladeforums.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I'm on and I like it. I've been able to connect with old friends and stuff. It's pretty cool. I use it only for friends and family. My profile is locked down so that only friends can see it. I don't have an insane amount of friends like some people do. I have about 50. I know people that have like over 500 and stuff. I think........come on.....how can you keep track of that crap. It's useful for sharing pictures and stuff about your day.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I rarely get on myspace or face book anymore, but I do like face book better.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

David Lowry wrote:I'm on and I like it. I've been able to connect with old friends and stuff. It's pretty cool. I use it only for friends and family. My profile is locked down so that only friends can see it. I don't have an insane amount of friends like some people do. I have about 50. I know people that have like over 500 and stuff. I think........come on.....how can you keep track of that crap. It's useful for sharing pictures and stuff about your day.
I have many friends on my facebook but I have a good reason (I don't just add a bunch of random people) most of them are from my high school class. I was the class president for my high school and our graduating class had 475 people. So for me it is also a helpful tool to keep in contact with people for when I do have to throw our class reunion.

Aside from that yes I too am addicted to the games. (Farmville especially) I'm a level 20 :o lol Its stupid... but so fun ;)
Vic
ront

Post by ront »

Thanks for your input. I was just wondering.
I do have the Spyderco FB page as one of my friends also. I really could care less though how many friends I have there. Most all of my friends on FB are family and friends that I have not seen in a long time. Just because I have not seen them or talked with them does not mean that they are no longer friends. Life just separates people anymore and I find this a nice way to keep in touch. I did not have to give FB much info at all to sign up and certainly no info that cannot be easily obtained anyway.
Anyway, I was just wondering.

Ron
arnon

Post by arnon »

Facebook is a tool ! you use it right, it's a good tool. Like A knife...... :spyder: :)
Be well Arnon
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I am on it.
email jeffsmith05@comcast.net
Its the first site like that I have joined,I do not post every thing I do all day like some but I have found people I haven't seen in years.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]