Aussie, Aussie, Aussie !!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Hi Ambaal :) Good to see you in the forums here. Make sure you take some pics.

I would suggest trawling the internet and the usual forums outside of here to buy stuff and bring them into Oz
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Hello Aussies :)

Just checking in again to see if there are any more Spyderco freaks living out here in the big brown land called Terra Australis ?

I have surprisingly recruited many more fans from my shooting circuits and they have all been suitably impressed by Spyderco products. In fact, i am trying to organise a giveaway of Spydie gear and other stuff as a donation from me to the NSW IPSC State Titles in a couple of months. Let's see if i can give more karma away and also spread the good word for Spyderco down under. There should be a lot of shooters from NSW, QLD and other states around Oz turning up for that event. Funny how people who appreciate guns as tools and toys also appreciate fine engineering such as knives :p
Cheers
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

C'mon boys, don't be shy.
O.
Reject

Post by Reject »

G’day! Yep another Aussie from out of the wood work.

Spydie giveaways at the NSW state tittles?
Wasn’t going to them, I may have to change my plans.
What are you going to donate Dan?

At the moment my Spyderco addiction is bad, real bad.
Up to 60 so far, a beginning; some new, some old, some cheap, some
pushing the limit of the budget. But loving them all. :p

The next one that’s on the way is the Shadario.

By the way, is there counseling section on this forum for hopeless Spyderco addicts?
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

G'day Reject,

Good to see you here after 60 Spydies !!! Woohoo nice amount :) I found after about 40 or 50 I started to realist what I liked, what I am indifferent to and what I dont really crave at all.

NSW IPSC State Titles donations planned for a couple if Spydies and some other gear. Not public knowledge as yet ;) . only a few know about it. Send me an email and I'd be happy to chat :p
Cheers
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

G'day...No...I'm not from Downunder, or UpAbove either...but I saw you mates playing here all by yourselves. I know where you live, (I checked a Map) I have a few bloody friends who inhabit your aussieville and roam with the Roo...and some from Kiwiland as well...I like how you guys have accents...even when you type...LOL....(Just wanted to crash your party...I'm from New York you know...we do those kinda things here....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

LOL Doc :)

I wish you roamed Oz or NZ so that I can meet up with you :p . There are a lot of Spyderco fans downunder but not too many roam this forum.

I have been doing my bit to spread the Spyder-venom. So with my involvement in IPSC amongst other 'things' I feel I have a duty to Sal and the crew to spread the joy ! I'll start another thread on what I should buy to giveaway. Might give up part of my collection too ?
Cheers
Reject

Post by Reject »

G’day Dan we have already chatted on another forum and else where.
Thanks again for your help. I hope you pointed Ambaal in the same direction.

You mean there is a time in collecting Spyderco’s when you become a “realist
I haven’t got there yet, I still want them all.

:D Dr Snubnose What accent? No wucking forries mate. We don’t mind taking a bit of stick.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Welcome Reject. 60 spydies & only just found this place ? or long time lurker ?
Good to hear from you & hope to hear more.
Hey Snubby wadda ya mean accent when we bloody well type, y aughta hear us mate. When are you comming down ?
O.
JayTeeEmEm

Nice thread

Post by JayTeeEmEm »

G'day all. Nice thread Dan. My name is Jono, I'm 30 and work for a wholesale mobile electronics company and I'm from Perth as well, lived here all my life. I discovered Spydies earlier this year while looking for a sharpening kit, liked what i saw and I've been looking at the forum everyday since. My collection is very modest in size and I'm giving my brother a Persistence for Xmas to spread the Spydie love :)

I'll add some slang to this thread when my brain is switched on, still recovering from Xmas party :D
:spyder: Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2:spyder:

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal
merthyrmafia

Post by merthyrmafia »

well i guess since you can no longer play cricket, you may as well get into knives. Image
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

O,just,O wrote:Welcome Reject. 60 spydies & only just found this place ? or long time lurker ?
Good to hear from you & hope to hear more.
Hey Snubby wadda ya mean accent when we bloody well type, y aughta hear us mate. When are you comming down ?
O.

Soon as you send me my plane ticket LOL....you know I'm part aussie anyway...I saw Crocodile Dundee like three times....The Dingo ate my Baby twice and I have hunted quail with a boomerang...the only problem is there isn't much left of the bird to eat when you do make a hit.......LOL.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

*sneaks in*

Canadian. Close enough :D
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

merthyrmafia wrote:well i guess since you can no longer play cricket, you may as well get into knives. Image
It was a gift. We have to keep you interested, Be a little more gracious, PL eeze. :)
O.
JayTeeEmEm

Post by JayTeeEmEm »

^^What O said. We've got a player who's last name is Beer, it's a sign from the Gods :cool:

Bring on Thursday!!
:spyder: Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2:spyder:

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Cricket's boring as bat manure in any case, let's talk Rugby instead and no I don't support the Wallabies, All Blacks all the way............what happens when you live in Kiwi for a number of years! :D

Regards,

BRIAN
Reject

Post by Reject »

buglerbilly wrote:Cricket's boring as bat manure in any case, let's talk Rugby instead and no I don't support the Wallabies, All Blacks all the way............what happens when you live in Kiwi for a number of years! :D

Regards,

BRIAN

:mad: Bloody ****! Brian. What a bloody nasty thing to say. Comparing cricket to bat manure.

I like bat manure and don’t think it anywhere as boring as cricket. :D

Although I don’t mind the one dayers and 20 20.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Brian, Brian, Brian, tsk tsk tsk, all blacks, hey? what is this ? a wind up ? :eek:
All of you all blacks supporters go to the back of the que, that one over there the far one. :rolleyes:
O.
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

O,just,O wrote:Brian, Brian, Brian, tsk tsk tsk, all blacks, hey? what is this ? a wind up ? :eek:
All of you all blacks supporters go to the back of the que, that one over there the far one. :rolleyes:
O.
Moi? Wind anybody up? Nahhhhh wash your mouth out with soap and water............and no you are still not getting the Blue one! (inside joke folks, he knows what I mean........... ;)

I follow and support the AB's for a lot longer than I care to mention and it pre-dates my time in NZ.............

Regards,

BRIAN
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Hey i'm a big Aussie fan...one of my favorite bands is from Byron Bay...Parkway Drive :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David