In Chicago

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fred Sanford

In Chicago

Post by Fred Sanford »

Well I’m in Chicago with my wife and I gotta say that I love the city. It’s pretty busy. So much so that I don’t think that I would want to go to New York City. Chicago is just about perfect. Not too busy but not too boring either. It seems like NYC would be hectic all the time. I however have never been to NYC so this is just a guess.

I love the John Hancock building. It’s just beautiful. I’ve not even been in it yet but I can see it from my hotel room. We’ll head up and eat at the top later today most likely. I love the white lights at the top at night.

I’m sitting in the hotel right now in a “window seat”. It’s a seat beside the window that’s really long enough and wide enough to sleep on. Since I’m on the 10th floor I can see the stuff going on below and it’s really cool. I look out the window and see the John Hancock building and it’s a marvel of engineering. Wow.

It’s about 73 degrees here today and overcast. Looks like it’s gonna rain. I can see the lake and it doesn’t look like it has many waves. I’m used to Lake Erie which gets really big waves due to it’s shallow nature.

The old Water Tower and the old #98 Fire Station are really cool. Old school at it’s best.

Giordano’s Pizza is what we had for dinner last night. It was the best pizza I have ever had. I love it. I wish I could take a whole bunch home.

Tonight gonna head to the 95th floor of the Hancock Center to get a bite.

I’m happy I’m here in Chicago.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Sorry about that swear word. I didn't mean to leave it in there. I did a copy and paste from my blog. :eek:

sorry about that again!
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

Hi David,

Glad to hear you're having a good time. Chicago is my home and I miss it very much. If you get the chance, try to see a Cubs game in Wrigley Field. Wrigly Field is a very intimate ball park. Also, try to stop at Uno's for a pizza. Uno's is at the corner of Ohio and Wabash.

If you travel to the south or west sides, be very careful.
Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly
duff72

Post by duff72 »

I live about 1 hour from chicago and its a great city next time try lou malnati's pizza (my favorite) and check out some of the museums (the field museum is my choice) also if the weather is nice go see millenium park the city spent a fortune on it .keep about $100 dollars ready for parking that part is ridiculous . enjoy
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member