Whatever Happened to Whats His Name

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

This thread sums up everything I love about this forum, we are like a family here. We need some heart smilies, seriously! I hate to see people vanish, especially those that made me feel so welcome when I joined...

pjrocco, smcfalls, where are you! :(
JBE

Post by JBE »

Here's a few I haven't seen in ages..

4'ster
Jeff/1911
Big Target
Jason
Pete1977

Post by Pete1977 »

great idea doc. I got your friend request and realized I hadn't been on this forum for a while. I still post from time to time at bladeforums but my schedule keeps me on a cell phone instead of a pc a lot so I tend to lurk more than contribute. anyways we are getting underway here so I will try to report back later.
raven

Post by raven »

Just gave a shout to 2 guys that was here quite a bit when I first joined up ...our long lost bros deeker and Irish Lager.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

JBE wrote:Here's a few I haven't seen in ages..

4'ster
Jeff/1911
Big Target
I'm still around - I guess my posting frequency has been down lately, but I'm still reading daily ;)
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
deeker

Post by deeker »

I got a note from Raven - what a great surprise.

My excuse... in a nutshell:
"Gainfully unemployed" for a few months, but amazingly we're doing great - by no feat of our own! Just had another baby boy, our third. Taking some courses for a 'second career'...

I've been reducing the risk to spend by avoiding some of my favourite places to spend money. I've been called back to the fold and will have to be more active. I've missed the close community and great people on the forum.

You guys are too good to stay away from! ;)
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i think that it's pretty normal for people to phase in and out of using the forum over extended periods of time.

the times that i went on extended hiatus were all periods in my life where i was transitioning between jobs. with the economy and job market the way it is, it may not be a surprise that a higher number of people are focusing on other areas of their life right now.

still, i'd like to see some of these folks stop by and say hi... :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

I got a note from a couple of you guys.

Thank you. It is much appreciated...

Just like my fellow 4STER, I peek every day or so but don't post as much. I used to have a job standing in front of a computer and now I teaching in Highschool and the school Spyderco is banned from the school internet (just like You tube and Daily motion :rolleyes :) .

So I'll try to increase my post count...

Hey, Hello Samo... Glad to hear from you...

Take care you all....

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
CKE

Post by CKE »

Wow, it has been quite some time since I was here. I am kind of taken a back by all that have asked about me.

Thank You!

The why, can`t really say. I headed in the direction of customs for awhile and found a couple other places to visit. I always meant to stop in and say high but life gets busy and prorities change. This forum truly is remarkable. I think there are very few places where you can just disappear and someone will actually notice...I thank you folks for remembering.

Will be around some more now.

Take Care
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

clovisc wrote:i think that it's pretty normal for people to phase in and out of using the forum over extended periods of time.

the times that i went on extended hiatus were all periods in my life where i was transitioning between jobs. with the economy and job market the way it is, it may not be a surprise that a higher number of people are focusing on other areas of their life right now.

still, i'd like to see some of these folks stop by and say hi... :D
I know I've even had a few times that I've missed the better part of a couple months without having time to post. Think over the 8 years I've been on this forum (got my first delica in summer '99 and found the site a year later to find info on what I just bought) I've seen it come down to less than 5% of us are active on a "daily" basis (post every day or so)... with only a few of us on constantly. My first post was in the forum's 800th thread and I got a personal welcome from sal.

Have seen a few major names come and go over the years. It's always nice when people come back after a break.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I sent a friend request to lostification, so let's see if he re-appears. He's probably spending too much time surfing. :p
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Every once in a while you see a thread titled Has anybody heard from badada...So and So is Missing in Action...Does anybody know what happened to X Y and Z. There are so many former members that are MIA and have contributed so much to this forum in the past and their presence here is missed. The new upgrades are fantastic and I tried a little experiment. I started to request a befriend notice from some of my past knifebros and it seems to be working....I guess they are getting my request via e-mail from the good people of Spyderco. I'm hoping to draw some of these people back to the Spyderco Forum. So some of you old timers here, contact and befriend an old member who you have missed here on the forum. It lets let know that they are missed and we valued their contributions and at the same time builds strength to the forum. What do you say...Befriend an old forum member today, we will all benefit from their input and friendship.....Doc :D
I've noticed a few come and go, and I understand how this happens, sometimes life gets a little busy or interests change. I only wish the best to those who have have been here and moved on. I know I haven't become a deep part of the "family" here (Even though I have been here quite a while), but I was still honored to get a friend request by the great Dr. Snubnose. :D
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
dialex

Post by dialex »

samosaurus wrote:Guilty as charged! :D

I've been dropping in whenever I can to see what's going on, perhaps hook up with an old buddy or say a thing or two. Since moving on to exploring handmade knives and other high end production stuff, I'd say that I am purty contented with my stash of Spydies that I regularly update. Now, I keep what I use and seeing as it is, there are some new bugs that I can't wait to sink my claws into!

As for the rest, I regularly see Craig @ CKE's work on the USN. He's an awesome person and a great knifemaker. While we are on this topic, I would like to give a shout out to :

AET
Java
John Row
Dialex
Claykesting
Daywalker
Vampyrewolf

Sam :D
I hear you Samo, I hear you... :rolleyes:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Since we are here, I was wondering if any of those names any longer ring a bell :(
Lokelani (Patty)
Glassheart (Linda)
Ceya (Horace)
and yes, I do miss AET (Allen) too... :(
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

raven wrote:Just gave a shout to 2 guys that was here quite a bit when I first joined up ...our long lost bros deeker and Irish Lager.

-raven-
I'm still around from time to time. Just started to build more on other hobbies and traveling a bit. Sorry that i haven't been in touch, but i will pop in a bit more often.

Good to hear from you Gil.

John
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

raven

Post by raven »

Irish Lager wrote:I'm still around from time to time. Just started to build more on other hobbies and traveling a bit. Sorry that i haven't been in touch, but i will pop in a bit more often.

Good to hear from you Gil.

John
Hey John, Nice to have ya back Bro ;) . Don't make yourself to scarce :) . Glad to see your still making up the lanyards and fobs. Still have the ones that you and ghostrider sent me ... still on the ADVENTURA :D . Take Good Care John and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Hi Raven, I just got and confirmed your friendship request. I've been on and off of these forums lately due to some personal issues; one sad one very happy. Last September I lost my father which was and is a huge blow to me and our family. Shortly thereafter we got the good news that Mrs. Blonde is expecting our first baby. The last few weeks has seen me cleaning out my 'study' (with all my spydies!) and transforming it into a baby room. The end is in sight, but we're plenty tired eacht night and weekend.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Ay Wouter, Sorry to about your Dad...Congrats to you and Mrs. Blonde on the upcoming bundle of joy..."Baby Blonde" ...We all here wish you guys the best and hope to see more of you here on the forum when things calm down...Best of Luck!...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Thanks doc.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
raven

Post by raven »

Hey Wouter, Nice to see you Sir ;) . I'm SORRY to hear of your father's passing ... My Condolences Sir to you and family. I also recently lost my father :( .

CONGRATS TO YOU AND MRS. BLONDE!!! I also wish you All The Best. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-