Your Ideal Battery?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

link to article: http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob114.html

pretty reasonable ideas there. As he points out, the high-powered rifle is least important in the group and I agree. I have an AR-15 I bought for fun and light weight, and I think it is more than adequate for any of my "high powered" rifle needs. I dont hunt or run into big game where I live.

So here is what I have:
AR-15 (Bushmaster basic + scope)
Ruger Mark III 22lr pistol --> for practice

Plan to add
Mossberg 500 or equivalent shotgun
Some 1911 or polymer 9mm SD pistol

Dont plan to add but would like:
S&W 500 revolver--just for fun, if I had a lot of extra money for ammo.

Kind of silly idea in general. If you want, you can make compromises and get by with only one gun. Or you can make no compromises and get lots of guns for any possible situation. If you have the money and desire, why limit yourself? Fun exercise though.

EDIT: lol i like these posts of people who feel prepared for the "inevitable" apocalypse. very amusing.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

well, picked up a remington 870 12 gauge this past week, and yep... sure was just the thing i needed to round out my "battery." what a versatile tool. recoil is no big deal whatsoever... even with slugs.

my first go with box of five slugs, all were on target at 25 yards, without having had time to form an understanding of how the bead aims. seems perfect for emergency black bear SD. :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: