...and now for the watch, any suggestions?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Netsquash

...and now for the watch, any suggestions?

Post by Netsquash »

Ok, after Don Ellis has informed me about the perfect flashlight for my needs I think I need the perfect watch.

I am a big fan of Seikos. I did some eBaying and for the price the Seiko 5 looks pretty sweet. It is very minimalistic in design which I enjoy, yet it has the functions that I like. It has the date and is automatic winding. It is also has a nice full steel face and strap. I also like the transparent back plate, that is pretty cool.

Is there anything out there like similar to the Seiko 5 design and price? The price might have a little flexibility, but I can't afford those beautiful $600 Seikos. It will be nice to have some decent EDC gear. I might need to find a small pocket pen after this. I can't think of anything else EDC beyond Knife, Pen, Flashlight, watch.

thanks
buglerbilly

Post by buglerbilly »

Get either of the Seiko Military's but they have Nylon Straps but are based around the Seiko 5 systems...........under USD$120.00 if you look around.

If you want a metal strap then one of the Black Monsters are pretty good and waterproof to any depth you can survive............ ;) Price $213.99 or thereabouts........

They also do it with a Black Rubber Strap which is pretty robust and better for some work environments..............price approx $179.99 or thereabouts.....

You can also go for a whole heap of other companies and I have a watch or two from LUMINOX that are pretty tough beasts.

Regards,

BRIAN
raven

Post by raven »

Here's a pic of my Seikos and a Ole Faithful (My ADVENTURA ... We've had quite the journey together ;) ). Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
Attachments
WATCHES 001.jpg
WATCHES 001.jpg (84.82 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
duff72

Post by duff72 »

Don't forget the luminox -not a self winder though range from about $140 and up
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Have a look at the titanium Skagen
Closest in the current line to what I have is here

Couple mm thick, just date and time. 1 of 3 watches I wear daily (rotate with a gshock g-100, and a 4gb usb watch from thinkgeek).

As far as pens go... I lost my last 2 Fisher space pens (first one I had for 3-4 years, 2nd one I had for about 6 months), now carry a Cross Tech III (blue, red, pencil) in chrome.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Or save some more, and get a timeless piece that will last you a lifetime ... like your Spyderco's ;)

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

my invicta corduba has earned me more compliments than any other object i've ever owned. got it for under $100 on amazon.com ... :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Netsquash wrote: I can't think of anything else EDC beyond Knife, Pen, Flashlight, watch.
thanks
I can... fly rods. :D Every season except winter (and even sometimes in winter) I keep a case with loaded up with two TFO TiCrX series rods, usually in 6 wt and 10 wt, on hand at all times. Pfleuger Medalists on both (12 weight size on the 10 weight, ready for shark), because I feel fly fishing shouldn't require fancy reels. Then there are all the goodies in the vest and fly boxes... :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
type00rev

Post by type00rev »

I second what Ted said. An Omega will last you a lifetime, and is just plain sexy!! Save your money and invest in an Omega, you won't regret it....trust me.
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

Keeping in mind bugetary constraints, here are some from my colection:

Traser P6500 - about $200

As has been mentioned, the Seiko Monster:

The Seiko Samauri:

Two Citizens Eco-Zillas:

The Boschett Reef Ranger, a great value:

The Casios are also very rugged:

Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly
Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

All these watches are looking great, makes me wish I was a millionaire and could snatch them all up... But I'd buy every Spyderco before that ;)
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I've had this Seiko for 10 years. It's nothing super fancy but it has never failed me. I love it. I don't know what model it is or anything. Don't care. I bought it in 1999 for about $320. I also like G-Shock but don't own one yet. Also pictured is my ZDP-189 Delica 4. :)

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I just got a all Titanium Swiss Army Base Camp off the bay for $120. Very nice watch, but it is a quartz watch and some people don't like them. Personally it is all the watch I will ever need.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Netsquash

Post by Netsquash »

FLYBYU44 wrote:I just got a all Titanium Swiss Army Base Camp off the bay for $120. Very nice watch, but it is a quartz watch and some people don't like them. Personally it is all the watch I will ever need.
What is so bad about a quartz watch? Does it lose time? What other ways of keeping time are there, mechanical?
cedjunior

Post by cedjunior »

I like Victorinox Swiss Army myself. They have some good mid to high end stuff.
Crowbar1

Watch

Post by Crowbar1 »

Rolex Sub in Stainless Steel