Botach Tactical

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Lord vader

Botach Tactical

Post by Lord vader »

Has anyone done business with botach tactical,if so are they reputable? Thanks for any help on this. :)
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

From what I have read in the Good, Bad and Ugly on Bladeforums, I'd say avoid them like the plague. They have a lot of unhappy customers.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
aebfroman

Post by aebfroman »

I've dealt with them twice and both times I have a very smooth experience. A person called me when there was a stocking issue on a certain item and they did what they said they would to get the order out. I would be interested to hear more specifically what grievance others had with them because they have been only quick and courteous to me. I had a MUCH harder time dealing with yourcornerstore.com.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

if it is a undiscontinued item that everyone else has then you might be fine...if it is a preorder or an item that has long been out of production...then the flying pigs will deliver it to you instead of ups.

edit: are they still listing dodos in stock...i am too lazy to check.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

I hate to talk down about people,

But Yes. Absolutely avoid them.

I am normally very patient and forgiving:

But I ordered a $120 item from them. I waited for weeks for it to arrive. Called and emailed several times with half-*** responses and very little help. They said my color wasnt in stock, and they were sending me a diff color. Couldn't ever talk to a "Supervisor". Never really got a strait answer or info from anyone

Long story short: Slow responses, run-around answers, poor CS, and it took forever to credit my card back.

To there credit, They did eventually give my money back. But from the date of order, to the charge back on my card, it was about 3 months. I called and emailed them probably a dozen times trying to get answers.

-Clockwork
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
KaliGman

Botach

Post by KaliGman »

Interesting experiences here. I have dealt with them for a lot of gear (well into four figures)--most of it tactical and not involving knives. I have always had very good service. As for out of stock knives, since I had depleted my stock of Spyderco Karambits a bit and saw that Botach had some listed still in stock (this was about a year or more ago), I ordered two or three. I received them within a week. I have been contacted about items that were out of stock once I ordered, and was given the option of switching my order to a comparable product, cancelling the order, or waiting for the item to come in to Botach.

All-in-all, I've had nothing but good experiences.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
PSU

Post by PSU »

Like yablanowitz said, avoid them like the plague! They have many unhappy customers.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
duff72

Post by duff72 »

on candle power forums many people wont deal with them-they seem to treat
L.E.O.'s better from what i understand - after reading all the negative i personally never sent any business
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

ClockWork wrote:I hate to talk down about people,

But Yes. Absolutely avoid them.

I am normally very patient and forgiving:

But I ordered a $120 item from them. I waited for weeks for it to arrive. Called and emailed several times with half-*** responses and very little help. They said my color wasnt in stock, and they were sending me a diff color. Couldn't ever talk to a "Supervisor". Never really got a strait answer or info from anyone

Long story short: Slow responses, run-around answers, poor CS, and it took forever to credit my card back.

To there credit, They did eventually give my money back. But from the date of order, to the charge back on my card, it was about 3 months. I called and emailed them probably a dozen times trying to get answers.

-Clockwork
Wow,that definitely sounds like customer "no" service.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Theres definitely some bad things i am reading on these posts and some good things about botach tactical.I will have to count all the bad things and see if they outnumber the good and make a decision. :confused:
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I once called them to check if they had the then discontinued PE Merlin in stock that was on their website. The person I talked to said that they still had some, and that they were going fast. I even told the guy that I was calling to make sure they had them before ordering. Since I'd already planned on ordering one if they had it I gave my card info and waited. Some time later (can't remember if it was a week or a few days), they emailed me and said they were out of stock, and would I like to buy the SE Merlin. Probably should have, but my radar was already up so I backed out.

I've heard worse, but based on the outright lie I was told, I believe most of it. I know that they have some great deals, and that there are some people who have had great experiences with them, but I won't take the chance.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Don Ellis

Post by Don Ellis »

Lord vader wrote:Theres definitely some bad things i am reading on these posts and some good things about botach tactical.I will have to count all the bad things and see if they outnumber the good and make a decision. :confused:
And if it's 6 to 4 in favour, you'll order? :D

You're a braver man that me. I don't buy anything from eBay unless the seller rating is 99%.

Don
JLS

Post by JLS »

I've ordered from them about 5 times and they were nice and smooth every time for me. I've ordered knives, lights, batteries, magazines, etc. Never an issue.

I know others have different experiences; I'm just giving you mine.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

JLS wrote:I've ordered from them about 5 times and they were nice and smooth every time for me. I've ordered knives, lights, batteries, magazines, etc. Never an issue.

I know others have different experiences; I'm just giving you mine.
Thank you,I saw some good prices on knives,Spydies that is.And they have some of the best prices i have seen and so i was tempted to try them out,but some of these posts gave some bad reviews which left me reluctant.
PSU

Post by PSU »

Lord vader wrote:Thank you,I saw some good prices on knives,Spydies that is.And they have some of the best prices i have seen and so i was tempted to try them out,but some of these posts gave some bad reviews which left me reluctant.
Don't do it!!!

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=125064

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=344802

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=195946

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=180981

The list goes on and on...
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Thank you so much for your advice and research,after what you have shown me i am convinced not to deal with them.I really appreciate this and i wont forget what you and everyone has done to help me stay clear of botach tactical.My spydie brothers are Great. :) :) :)
aebfroman

Post by aebfroman »

If there was a specific item you wanted I would at least email or call them about it. No use in paying more for something based solely on other people's word, not everyone has had issues.
PSU

Post by PSU »

aebfroman wrote:If there was a specific item you wanted I would at least email or call them about it. No use in paying more for something based solely on other people's word, not everyone has had issues.
I don't know about you but I prefer not to patronize places that have burned a number of fellow knife enthusiasts. I'd rather take my hard earned money to one of the many reputable dealers.

aebfroman

Post by aebfroman »

I have had measurably worse results from yourcornerstore and knivesplus and they tend to be held in high regard with most. Some of the deals botach has can only be touched by poor_fish but if you are ordering other gear at the same time ebay isn't going to save any money by the time you start adding up all your shipping. Someone not getting the right length knife in 2000 wouldn't deter me from getting a good deal in 2009.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

aebfroman wrote:I have had measurably worse results from yourcornerstore and knivesplus and they tend to be held in high regard with most. Some of the deals botach has can only be touched by poor_fish but if you are ordering other gear at the same time ebay isn't going to save any money by the time you start adding up all your shipping. Someone not getting the right length knife in 2000 wouldn't deter me from getting a good deal in 2009.
Well not to start a debate but,What sort of bad experiances have you had with knivesplus? I have done a lot of business with them and never had any trouble.