Spydergirls!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vito72

Spydergirls!

Post by vito72 »

Im going to ask how much girls here love spyderco and join this forum.
And of course if they care every day a blade.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Sounds more like you are looking for a date to me.

I don't care if people are black, white, purple, green, orange, tall, fat, skinny, male, female, have two heads, have 60 arms....whatever.

If I were a girl I wouldn't respond to this thread because I'd think "why?".
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

David Lowry wrote:Sounds more like you are looking for a date to me.

I don't care if people are black, white, purple, green, orange, tall, fat, skinny, male, female, have two heads, have 60 arms....whatever.

If I were a girl I wouldn't respond to this thread because I'd think "why?".
:rolleyes: .....an entirely inappropriate response in my humble opinion. I think you are taking a very innocent inquiry to another realm that is quite uncalled for.

- regards
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare
vito72

Post by vito72 »

Only because i dont remenber to know no one girl who care everyday a knife.
And in this days tv show here some sexual agressions to womans, and some aggressors they was armed with blades or, in any cases only with simply screwdrivers, so im going to think if one of these unlucky girls had time to keep from pocket one "good size" knife maybe situation want change? With good size i dont think at one military but one native or one delica for me its a good size..

I care a blade everyday, and last think i should to do with my knife its think to injury someone, but in some cases maybe one blade can help...
Just for scar, or just time to change such scary situation..
Of course its only my point of wiew..

So i asked David, not because im a racist or something like that...
But only because in this days last aggressions make me think so...
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Vito,
I think your question is perfect. ;)

There are quite a few women who like knives (and not just those of us who work for knife companies). Although men who like knives certainly out number us women, we're out there.

We have several here on the Forum, TKC, Simona, Karen and Rose to name a few.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

I wish I knew a few more ladies that didn't think I was a lunatic for liking knives! ;) :D
Nice part of the world you live in Vito. I spent a few happy months in and around Alberobello a few years ago.
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

And then there are the women that were converted by loveable knife knuts, my wife for instance, who won't leave home without her Ladybug.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

My oldest daughter EDC's a Delica 3 and flips a bali while doing homework.
I guess latch drops are good for your concentration. Image
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Diamondback wrote: :rolleyes: .....an entirely inappropriate response in my humble opinion. I think you are taking a very innocent inquiry to another realm that is quite uncalled for.

- regards
Everybody has their own opinion. ;)

Good day sir.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I don't know any girl who like knives, let along EDC one. But come to think of it I don't know any guys like knives either. Maybe they are just being secretive about it like I do?
David Lowry wrote:Everybody has their own opinion. ;)

Good day sir.
I do think you are over reacting a bit. At an automotive forum I used to visit, a black guy asked if there are any other black owners (for whatever reasons that particular model's owner are overwhelmingly white), and a lot of people jumped in with almost exactly the same response as your second paragraph, I thought it was pretty funny that a simple question would generates that much over reaction and everybody is out to prove themselves. :D
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

My man Vito. I don't question your motives. Thanks for starting the thread. I wish my wife would carry a knife, gun, pepper spray, pipe wrench or anything. Sadly, despite the carnage we see in our streets, every day, my wife lacks the self-defense mindset.

Even without regard to self defense, a small knife is invaluable for envelopes, boxes, string, etc.

Thanks again Vito and please tell everyone in Potenza Italy that Mr. Bill says Buon Giorno.
Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Well let's not continue to make this thread about me then. Come on girls, post away.
Shike

Post by Shike »

I know there are quite a few female members at Bladeforums and at Jerzeedevil. Doesn't seem like there are too many here. I think it's cool to hear the point of views from female members.
Regards

Shike
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I wish my wife would share the same enthusiam I do about sharp things...but in particular those that come with the Spyder symbol on them.

However, my daughters are growing up understanding that when something needs to be opened, sliced, cut, hacked, or mutilated (other than Daddy's own fingers ;) :p ) then they just need to ask him for either a small knife or a large one :D

My wife is also coming to the understanding that I do carry one almost all the time and can be relied upon if she needs something cut.

Some consolation for me is that a couple of my daughters do seem to like watching me cut things and are quire proficient (under supervision) in cutting things as well.

For the sake of self defense I would love my wife to carry one as well. However, we are legislated here in Australia against carrying any weapons/ tools for self defense !!! :(
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

my girlfriend has a half-dozen knives or so. mostly spydies. her favorites are the captain and the cricket. :D

my mom has a pink delica... keeps it in a cup in the kitchen, with some pens. :D

quite a few gals up here in alaska carry a knife... not primarly for SD, though... mostly for regular ol' EDC cutting tasks.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
araneae

Post by araneae »

My fiancee has several small knives now. At any given time she'll likely have one in her pocket, and/or one in her purse. She's slowly come to realize they are quite handy.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I think you all would be very surprised to hear that a large number of women drag their men into my studio to shop in the knife cases....why just today a couple came in and she was fascinated by a Balisong (even made me demo it) she bought a Tanto style blade for her man for his Birthday....and another women in today put a Santuko on hold as a Valentines Day gift for her hubby...she said this ought to make him happy and keep him in the kitchen....COOKING!....LOL....My better half EDC's at least two knives and I am seeing more and more women each day attracted to the sharp pointy things in my store, I think it's a good thing....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

I got my girlfriend an SE Delica Wave which she keeps on her daily. It only has 2 purposes, SD and cutting flowers.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

A very appropriate question, Vito.

Seems that it may depend on a lady's understanding, or appreciation, for the need of carrying a knife. Of course, some men can be just as adverse to carrying a knife as well.

I have a female colleague at the office who can't understand why I would even consider carrying a Leatherman. :eek: On the other hand, there is another female colleague in my office who is far more well-versed on firearms and knives than I. Interesting how I seem to spend more time visiting with her. :)
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

My wife edc a ladybug and she be lost without it,she says.
169 :spyder: and always room for one more :D