Buying digital camera online?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
wec12

Buying digital camera online?

Post by wec12 »

Hi everyone :) ,

I accidentally dropped my 1-yr Nikon Coolpix S200 :o and am trying to find a reliable/cheap online store to purchase Canon PowerShot SX110. I was wondering if any of you have experience buying digital camera online and, if you don't mind, could you tell me where did you buy yours?

Any help is really appreciated!!

wec12
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
cedjunior

Post by cedjunior »

I just bought a Canon Powershot SX10 IS at Newegg. Also picked up an 8GB SD card for like $11 too. Can't go wrong with Newegg, though you may find a slightly cheaper price elsewhere. Amazon.com had good prices too.
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

I got my camera at Walmart, and my girl's at Best Buy.

I'd say to go to an electronic's store and take a look at the cameras for yourself, then you know exactly what to look for when you go online.

I like my cheap SLR look a like Fugifilm for it's versatility, but most settings are too easy to get blurry pictures if you're holding it in your hand. I got my girl an Olympus, I don't remember the model, but it was around $150 in the store, and it's darn near impossible to take a blurry picture.
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Kev-Man

Post by Kev-Man »

My friend buys camera equipment quite a bit and recommended that I check out Amazon or B and H Photo. I purchased my Canon XSI from Amazon. I picked up a Nikon S610, a flash and a Lens from B and H Photo. Both had quick shipping to Hawaii and ended up being cheaper than purchasing it locally. I think some items have free shipping to the 48 states.

Kev.
nicholaspoole

Post by nicholaspoole »

adorama.com
bhphotovideo.com

keh.com (used gear)

SC14BK
C78BK
C109BKP
C115CFP
C122
C11GRE

and more too come
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Amazon: great prices and easiest return policy within 30 days. $199.95

B&H: great prices, excellent service-not as easy to return for cash-probably the best online camera seller-IMHO!! $199.95
I just bought a digital for my wife through Amazon-excellent deal and then I bought one for me, but I did not like the camera and it was so easy to return and they paid the shipping! The important thing is that you need to bu from Amazon itself to get the easy return policy. If you buy from one of the affiliates, then you have to follow that company's return policy.
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I bought a Nikon Coolpix S52 for a $149.00 from B&H Photo. I LOVE B&H Photo.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Don Ellis

Post by Don Ellis »

Just another http://www.bhphotovideo.com vote.

Don
ront

Post by ront »

I am not sure how price compares, although OneCall is generally pretty competitive. This is the online store for a mom and pop store (Huppins), here in Spokane, WA. They are great people to deal with and have a very good reputation. Here is a link.
http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=92771

Ron
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

jr.com has some good prices

http://www.jr.com/canon/pe/CAN_SX110ISBLK/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)