A Meeting With Bigkahunasix...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Hannibal Lecter

A Meeting With Bigkahunasix...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

Over this past weekend I had the pleasure of a visit from a knifebrother and his family.

Bigkahunasix (Jim), his wife Teresa, and their daughter Kate dropped by Friday afternoon as they were passing through the area. We managed to get what was hopefully a decent meal in them and they had a chance to get off the road for a bit before returning home.

It is interesting to me the kind of friendships the knife community breeds. Jim and I have spoken by telephone numerous times, often commiserating over one another’s troubles. We have spoken of getting together for many months but the opportunity never seemed to arise. Over the course of a couple of years I grew to know him much more as a brother than a friend, and the visit bore that out.

It was a strange feeling in some ways, this initial meeting. Though we had never laid eyes on one another, I felt instantly as if I had known him all my life. As we talked, it wasn’t the conversation of those meeting for the first time, but of catching up with a lifelong friend that I hadn’t seen in maybe a month or so. Even my wife commented the same thing in regards to Jim and his wife, feeling as though she was simply meeting old friends again.

Our daughters played together over the course of several hours, and they apparently felt the same way about one another. Jim commented once while watching them, “You know, they could be cousins.”

I had to concur.

We had hoped they could stay overnight and get a fresh start the following day, but they opted to try to get home that same evening as they were running behind schedule. After they pulled out of the driveway, my wife commented, “I would really like to have them as neighbors.”

Again, I have to agree.

Jim, please consider this a standing invitation to you and your family to come and stay with us any time. My sincerest appreciation to you for your friendship, my Brother!

Kurt
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
snuffaluff

Post by snuffaluff »

My good Doctor,

I'm sure the serving of brains and a nice chianti were more than enough. :D

Great to hear of relationships like this. Isn't it strange and wonderful how we become intwined with people.