JD Spydo...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Hannibal Lecter

JD Spydo...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

The conspicuous absence of one of our esteemed forumites has had me concerned for quite some time, and I feel the necessity of asking publicly for assistance for my forum brothers and sisters.

Anyone with contact information for Joe please let me know; if you don't want to post it publicly, PM or email me. If you would prefer not to even divulge that much, I would at minimum like to know how he is currently faring.

My sincerest appreciation,

Hannibal Lecter
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Hannibal,
PM sent.
I am member of this forum for little over two years. I saw quite a few active members come and go. Some of them came back, which is nice in most of cases. May this is natural course of events, may be not.
Regards,
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

My Dear Friend,
bh49 wrote:I saw quite a few active members come and go. Some of them came back, which is nice in most of cases. May this is natural course of events, may be not.
I can assure you in this case it is not the natural course of things. :( I know that there were some significant personal problems in his life immediately before his departure.

My sincerest appreciation,

Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Hannibal,

Email sent.

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I've been thinking about Joe too, hope everything is okay...

It just seems strange that he would stay away for any time, let alone this long.
Manix Guy 2

Miss him

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Posted some time ago on this subject , there was a PC issue if I remember right , but was doing well . Sad not to be able to hear his comments about the Superhawk . I miss him as a friend , if anyone has any info please send a PM . Regards MG2
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

So can anyone say (without too much information) if he's doing ok?

If not, I'll shoot a PM.

He's a good dude.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Time has a way of slipping up on you. I remembered what I thought was a recent PM from him over on BF, but I just checked it and that was in July of 07.
Steve
Ms. Delica

Jd Spydo

Post by Ms. Delica »

Stevie Ray wrote:Time has a way of slipping up on you. I remembered what I thought was a recent PM from him over on BF, but I just checked it and that was in July of 07.
Hi Steve:

That's why were are trying to get the forum to help us find him.
I use to be in constant contact with him, as he is a good guy, but he has just fallen off the map. Anyone that has heard, let him know we are worried.

Thanks,

Ms. Delica
:p
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

None of my contact data for him works anymore. When I did some searching last night it appeared that he either no longer has a phone, or it is unlisted. If I'm readig the results right, he may be moving around a lot.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

My Dear Friends,

I think I have a line on him - I'll report back shortly...

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

ront

Post by ront »

I don't get around here as much as I used to, but I just wanted to say that it is really nice to see you all looking out for missing members. I still maintain that this is one of the friendliest forums on the web!!

Ron
JD Spydo

Dr. Livingston I Presume

Post by JD Spydo »

Greetings: Friends, Roman(s) and countrymen(women) :D . I thought my ESP was picking up some vibes :eek: :rolleyes: Hey guys & gals it's great to be home again :cool:
I've had an extremely bumpy road here of late and I won't go into detail at this time but I just had to attend to some issues.
Well I guess the best thing to do at this time is to get caught up on some things.
By the way how is the Superhawk faring on the open market? I truly have been absent from the world of blades for a while but I'm back now so I guess it's time to get back to business.
I guess maybe I need to go see if the "NOW's THE TIME" thread is even still in the archives. If it is I'm sure I've got some explaining to do and some questions to answer.
So tell me what all has been happening here at Spyderville?? Is Sal still running for President. If so who is his running mate :D ?
Seriously folks it's great to be back. So how is everybody?
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Hi Joe! I don't get around here much very often either except when I'm at a friend's house. (ex-wife got the computer) Glad you're doing alright. superhawk rules. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Agent Starling

JD Spydo I presume....yeah!!!

Post by Agent Starling »

JD Spydo wrote:Greetings: Friends, Roman(s) and countrymen(women) :D . I thought my ESP was picking up some vibes :eek: :rolleyes: Hey guys & gals it's great to be home again :cool:
Hey Knifebro~

I read your pm first and it's great to see you back on here as well (THANK YOU DR. LECTER!!! ;) :D )

Welcome back! It's as though you never left...well, almost... ;) :D

Agent Starling :D
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

Agent Starling wrote:Hey Knifebro~

I read your pm first and it's great to see you back on here as well (THANK YOU DR. LECTER!!! ;) :D )

Welcome back! It's as though you never left...well, almost... ;) :D

Agent Starling :D
Not at all, Dear Lady. Glad to be of service.

Welcome back, JD. We have missed you.

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

JD Spydo

The Hawk has landed

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I guess it's time to get down to business. Other than the monumental introduction of the Superhawk what else is in the Hawkbill pipeline?

I'm sure seeing a lot of new faces since I was here last.

I'm really interested in that Caspian Dive knife. But then again I was always like a kid in a Haagen Dazs Ice Cream store whenever I was in the city limits of Spyderville. Wow I got a lot of catching up to do.

I guess I'll go find that old Hawkbill thread first. Any new blade steels?
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Does S90V ring a bell? No? Guess what's new! ;)

Glad to see you again. :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Great to see ya JD..Welcome back knifebro!!!...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

J.D. I'm glad you're back. I propose we rename the Superhawk the "spydohawk", or the "Spydo Superhawk", or something similar.

J.D., the things you missed were a millie in CPM D2, a paramillie in the same steel, the 1st mule team knife in 52100, with the second due any time now, and another millie in S90V. Of course you know about the VG10 Superhawk. I don't remember if you were here for the carbon fibre, ZDP stretch 2. One of the all time best production knives ever made by any company.

All class stuff. Top shelf. Of course there was a ZDP Lum, as well as a year of other new knives and sprints. Much catching up to do, but these are the highlights. Joe

Edit: The manix was dropped. There was already a sprint in green that sold fast. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"