Anyone else wishing for higher-end Boker/CLB series?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Spygineer

Anyone else wishing for higher-end Boker/CLB series?

Post by Spygineer »

Love the subcoms and a many of CLB's work. Would be nice if they came out with higher-end stuff, like better steel (s30V, maybe) and maybe G-10 handle.

CLB - if your reading this, what do you think?
I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!:D
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Not Chad, but I have to say no. Just my opinion. One of the great things about the Boker CLB knives is their great value - a lot of knife for the $. Nothing wrong with the steels they use, even if not the most 21st centuryist.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

I'd love him to do some more work with :spyder:

I don't do folders without holes ;)

Sverre
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

dogrunner wrote:Not Chad, but I have to say no. Just my opinion. One of the great things about the Boker CLB knives is their great value - a lot of knife for the $. Nothing wrong with the steels they use, even if not the most 21st centuryist.
Even if it is just a sprint run (regular production still stays)? Anyone, anyone?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If there were going to be a "high end" CLB design, I agree with Sverre, I'd prefer it to be a Spyderco, and one with a lefty friendly front lock at that.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

The Deacon wrote:If there were going to be a "high end" CLB design, I agree with Sverre, I'd prefer it to be a Spyderco, and one with a lefty friendly front lock at that.
Can't argue with that.

I would really love subcom with a thumb hole, with G-10 handle, and integral lock (to keep it thin), maybe give it a thick blade to make it a tiny workhorse!

like this:

[ATTACH]11459[/ATTACH]
Attachments
subcom thumb hole.jpg
subcom thumb hole.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
snuffaluff

Post by snuffaluff »

oh boy... that does look very nice!! Personally, I'd just like to get my hands on a CLB, period.
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

snuffaluff wrote:oh boy... that does look very nice!! Personally, I'd just like to get my hands on a CLB, period.
I might be a bit biased (just a little:rolleyes :) , but the thumb hole give it a more refined, sleeker look. Not really into the plastic thumb stud they use on it. One can only imagine if :spyder: placed its magic touch on this bad boy!
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Love the subcoms and a many of CLB's work. Would be nice if they came out with higher-end stuff, like better steel (s30V, maybe) and maybe G-10 handle.
If his knives went higher end, I second that Spyderco produce them...give 'em that Spyderco touch...y'know, make them "Glesserized!!!" ;) :spyder:

Otherwise, I like the CLB line as it is...it's guilt-free knife buying, since they are so affordable!

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I don't see anything wrong with Boker doing a higher end CLB...but for them, I think it's all about price point. I personally think they are fine just the way they are...The price might be cheap but that doesn't make the knife crap....I think Spyderco proved that point with their Byrd Line. The CLB line is quite an achievement, not only for Chad's brilliant designs but also it is a real feather in Boker's cap when it come to quality. Once again cheap price does not equal crap as expensive price doesn't always equal exceptional value. Crap is crap no matter what you pay for it..no matter what upgrades it has, or special adornments...if it's crap it's still crap. IMHO...You will never find the word CRAP and CLB in the same sentence.....cept for the one I just typed.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Boker doing a higher end CLB...but for them, I think it's all about price point. I personally think they are fine just the way they are...The price might be cheap but that doesn't make the knife crap....I think Spyderco proved that point with their Byrd Line. The CLB line is quite an achievement, not only for Chad's brilliant designs but also it is a real feather in Boker's cap when it come to quality. Once again cheap price does not equal crap as expensivsap no matter what you pay for it..no matter what upgrades it has, or special adornments...if it's crap it's still crap. IMHO...You will never find the word CRAP and CLB in the same sentence.....cept for the one I just typed.....Doc :D
i dont think the intent of this thread was to imply that clb and boker were crap. on the contrary, i have such high regard for clb that i am willing to pay more for his work (to have as a collector piece per se).
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Spygineer wrote:i dont think the intent of this thread was to imply that clb and boker were crap. on the contrary, i have such high regard for clb that i am willing to pay more for his work (to have as a collector piece per se).
We are in total agreement my friend, I just thinking that if a high end CLB were to be made, it wouldn't have to be made by Spyderco to be high end or collectible.....If you want a high end CLB made by Spyderco...buy a Lava...It's one great knife....maybe Spyderco should think about upgrading that CLB design, or doing a collectible run with some other options, like better steel and or more exotic handle materials.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

thanks doc...unfortunately i already have 3 lavas! :eek: :D
Tank

Post by Tank »

The Deacon wrote:If there were going to be a "high end" CLB design, I agree with Sverre, I'd prefer it to be a Spyderco, and one with a lefty friendly front lock at that.
My thoughts exactly.
-John
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

There might be something more expensive gettin out.. within 6 months.. i don't know about priority but uhmm i should shut up....
;)
Maarten
member of FFG Club
Th232

Post by Th232 »

MAT888 wrote:There might be something more expensive gettin out.. within 6 months.. i don't know about priority but uhmm i should shut up....
;)
I heard something about that too... :D
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

RazorSharp86

Spy-trance

Post by RazorSharp86 »

I'd really love to see a Ti/Cf with S30v Spydie Trace type of knife.
i have modified my Boker Trance, put CF on it, but would really love a steel upgrade. Made by spyderco would be a dream come true already.
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Spygineer wrote:Love the subcoms and a many of CLB's work. Would be nice if they came out with higher-end stuff, like better steel (s30V, maybe) and maybe G-10 handle.

CLB - if your reading this, what do you think?
I was saying the exact same thing a while back.

I like his knives but that aus8 has been a nightmare for me to reprofile.

I finally gave up after a couple hours.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Spygineer wrote:Love the subcoms and a many of CLB's work. Would be nice if they came out with higher-end stuff, like better steel (s30V, maybe) and maybe G-10 handle.
I have to disagree with you. One of the things that makes Chad's knives so popular is the value aspect. Plenty of value and quality, at prices that won't make your wallet scream in agony. Chad's designs are affordable to the average citizen or LEO.

As someone who used to buy the higher-end stuff, and sometimes still do, I must admit to liking non-exotic steels better. Yes, they hold an edge longer; but they can be a pain in the neck to resharpen. That's not the case with any of Chad's designs.

I hope they stay the way they are.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: