Favorite Food...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Hannibal Lecter

Favorite Food...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

Time for a little fun.

Please tell us all about your single favorite food, the single item you would choose for your last meal on Earth, right this second. It can be anything from a kind of candy to complicated entree - your call. If applicable please also indicate, other than raw taste, *why* you fancy your choice so highly (holdover comfort food from childhood, association with a special place, etc.).

If you would like to list a few close runners-up or previous favorites with stories attached that is of course fine also.

I'll start.

My current favorite dish is actually fairly simple: blackened salmon. I tried it for the first time at the Outer Banks of North Carolina when staying with my younger brother last summer. He smoked up the entire house and sent everyone into the yard coughing and gagging.

Hysterical.

I have always been a fan of salmon anyway, but the blackening seasoning and preparation just causes the flavors to "pop", so to speak. Both the flavor and association are special to me.

Previous title-holders for my favorite foods would have to include Thai Sweet Pork (smells horrible due to the fish sauce, but the flavor...) and Greek Souvlaki (think Gyros with marinated pork instead of lamb).

Now my friends, your turn; what food do you fancy above all others?

Quid pro quo...

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

For me that would be steak. As raw as possible :cool: :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

pizza...deep dish is preferred but thin is ok as well...Lou Malnatis is my favorite.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
LowSpeedHighDrag

Post by LowSpeedHighDrag »

Angel hair with a White Wine Pesto Cream Sauce. Served with a side of wild rice and steamed spinach. Drink with an ice cold glass of Skim Milk. (Sorry, skim milk is better with italian food than wine imho).
MOLON LABE
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

Prime Rib! Au Jus! Cooked just past rare! With a mound of mashed potatoes! And brown gravy!

I make some heavy demands for my last meal.

A second choice would be a basic meat lasagna with breadsticks. But cooked fresh (or is baked the proper term?) and served right away. Not that "sits in a pan for 4 hours and we cut you a crusted over serving when you order it" kind of lasagna.

Wow, i just ranted about Italian food
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
Tank

Post by Tank »

For me its shell fish. Both lobster and crab are a virtual tie for my favorite. scallops a close second
-John
Majidoc

Post by Majidoc »

Cauliflower with garlic. I'll be you are really excited.
Life is a process not an event!
Orlando De Free

Post by Orlando De Free »

My mother's rugalach cookies. That is a white rolled crescent shaped cookie with chopped walnut and cinnamon sugar filling . That would be my last meal because after I ate a plate of them my wife would kill me.
Orlando

If you didn't get my dirty joke it's because you have no sense of humus - Mom De Free
:spyder: Currently own
Ladybug 3 se, Assist, Ladybug se w/photon, Techno, Rubicon, Manbug ZDP, Dice
lsutigers1010

Post by lsutigers1010 »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:My Dear Friends,

Time for a little fun.

Please tell us all about your single favorite food, the single item you would choose for your last meal on Earth, right this second. It can be anything from a kind of candy to complicated entree - your call. If applicable please also indicate, other than raw taste, *why* you fancy your choice so highly (holdover comfort food from childhood, association with a special place, etc.).

If you would like to list a few close runners-up or previous favorites with stories attached that is of course fine also.

I'll start.

My current favorite dish is actually fairly simple: blackened salmon. I tried it for the first time at the Outer Banks of North Carolina when staying with my younger brother last summer. He smoked up the entire house and sent everyone into the yard coughing and gagging.

Hysterical.

I have always been a fan of salmon anyway, but the blackening seasoning and preparation just causes the flavors to "pop", so to speak. Both the flavor and association are special to me.

Previous title-holders for my favorite foods would have to include Thai Sweet Pork (smells horrible due to the fish sauce, but the flavor...) and Greek Souvlaki (think Gyros with marinated pork instead of lamb).

Now my friends, your turn; what food do you fancy above all others?

Quid pro quo...

--------
Hannibal
i love cajun food my favorite is chicken and saussage gumbo,some of my outher favorite's would be ,red beans and rice, crafish atoofa,fried cat fish,
and many many outhers :)
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

While we've been enjoying a fair bit of Thai food over the past few months, my favourite dish would still be pizza from a local restaurant here in town.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Well let me put it this way.....if I were on death row, and had any choice for my last meal it would be the following.

1. Good local mom and pop shop Pan Pizza with cheese, pepperoni, mushrooms and onions.
2. A nice tall glass of Coca-Cola with lots of ice and a lime wedge.
3. A generous slice of blueberry pie.

Mmmm.....perfect.

The reasoning behind my choices are nothing more than comfort food. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Think I'd cook up some pigeon peas and rice.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Nice big juicy burger... we're talking multiple 8oz patties, bacon, pepper jack cheese, crisp lettuce and onion. if I'm going down I'm working on clogging those arteries myself.

As much as I enjoy healthy eating, I still have to get a 2-3 patty burger every once in a while.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Italian / Greek olives with fresh hard crust italian, or french bread. The good ones are hard to get here in the south but worth it. I have no problem having this as a light meal.

My other favorite is my own special Venison Jerkee, Beef can be substituted out of season but it's not quite as good.

Or lastly my home made pickles. I have to be carefull with these. Some people will eat these untill they get salt poisoning. Very spicy. Will make your face pucker up, but you can't only eat one. They're dangerous.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
dete

Post by dete »

http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com ... amese.html

rice porridge soup

imo, this is the asian equivalent to Chicken Noodle Soup, when your sick, they feed you this, I like cns, just not as much as this. ;)
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

RIBS!!!!! Or, grandma's Thanksgiving ham. Or, mama's sausage gravy, beef manhattens, Italian Roast Beef w/ Aju. I really like Pizza Huts thin n crispy pepperoni!!!!!!

Anyone ever had fried spyders???
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Pork Green Chile Stew...made with fresh roasted Hatch NM Green chile. With Red Spanish Rice and Fresh Tortillas.

I personally roasted and canned three bushels of green chile today...so I know of which I speak.
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Agent Starling

numero uno...

Post by Agent Starling »

My favorite is pizza, hands down...the kind you get out in New Jersey and New York, with that great homemade-tasting bread...favorite toppings include anchovies and mushrooms; pepperoni and onion; broccoli, spinach and onion; and with parmesan cheese and hot pepper sprinkled on top! It's gotta be spicy or fuggeddaboutit!!! :D

Agent Starling :cool:
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
dialex

Shaorma!

Post by dialex »

My very favorite is a food called Shaorma. It's Turkish, I think (or Lebanese?) :confused: . Basically is roasted chicken breast, garlic sauce, mayonnaise and ketchup, fried potatoes, lettuce, cabbage and onion, all wrapped in a sort of thin pancake.
Full of callories of course, but that's part of the game :rolleyes: Once or twice a month it's all that is permitted. :(
Mmmm, my mouth is watering as I type... :o I guess tonight I'll have one :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
tigerose123

yum

Post by tigerose123 »

A big plate of spaghetti :D

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Or a cheeseburger
TxR

FRN Endura PE
SS Cricket SE
FRN Delica SE
FRN Native PE
SS Harpy SE