What Music are you listening to lately?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Agent Starling

What Music are you listening to lately?

Post by Agent Starling »

Hi all,

I've been playing the Muse CD, "Black Holes and Revelations" in my car this week on my commute. It's totally awesome! :D

What are you all listening to these days? :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

alot of Angels and Airwaves,Maximo Park,Goldfrapp,Nightwish,AFI. Their music make me feel so GOOD. :cool: :spyder: :)
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

I just got my imported old school Prodigy CD's.. 40 bucks each and worth every penny. Also listening lately to Dre Chronic 2000, and Metallica.
I have a small collection.. At least in my mind its small. All respect to Sal and this great company! Collector Club Member #120
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

I am listening many kinds of metal - my favorites are industrial, speed, power, symphonic, melodic and dark metal... many others are great too but hate black and death metal where guys are just gaging into mike... everyone has his favorite :rolleyes:

of course this one is my favorite one still listening again and again: [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TPwUsdmRo

Hate that many people thinks that metal is just nonsence hard music for stupid guys - It is not true - could be beatufull melodic delicate music... sorry for offtopic :o

of course I forgot on rock - My favorite are Queen - Freddie was famous singer (I think best of all), Pink Floyd, Scorpions etc.
Tom v S

Post by Tom v S »

Bob Dylan, and more Bob Dylan :D Bought Biograph two months ago, didn't leave my Yamaha for all that time.

Went to see Rage Against the Machine on 2 June, and last Sunday I saw Jan Akkerman, one of the best guitarist in the world.
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

I have not been able to stop listening to Dark Tranquility. They always have the intensity I crave with so much diversity throughout all their albums that it makes my head want to explode. Was an Opeth fan boy until I discovered DT. I will admit I have been jammin out to some Tom Petty this last week. Get to see him live next thursday so Im very very excited. TP & the HB's put on one **** of a show!!!!!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

No metal No Rap..cause I'm an old foggy....but lately I've been getting back into Aretha....you know the Queen.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Karen

Post by Karen »

"Timeless" CD by Martina McBride, Paramore, White Stripes, Nirvana.
:spyder:
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Right now here is what is in my car's CD changer.

-The Offspring - Smash
-Fun Lovin' Criminals - Welcome to Poppy's
-Monster Magnet (various songs)
-The Smithereens (can't remember what album)
-Madonna (yeah....laugh it up)
-Empty slot which will be filled soon by probably Jay-Z or Fat Joe

:)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

Ooh. A music question!

Blink 182's last few cd's, and +44, Angels and Airwaves, and Boxcar Racer. So most of the same people, just different bands.

In addition to that: Coldplay, A Rush of Blood To The Head; any Ben Folds cd; Charlotte Sometimes; Brave Saint Saturn; Jimmy Eat World; Incubus; and Weezer
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
gac

Post by gac »

The last few CDs I checked out from the Library are from Alejandro Escovedo, The Kinks, the Black Keys, and the Old 97s.
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Dire Straights, RUSH and Roger Hodgson.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

Fc five at the moment...Japanese Metalcore ;) its awesome:P
No sacrifice, No victory!
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Recently:

Sage Francis
Soul Position
Cunnin Lynguists
M83
Pinback

Always changing.
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

a CDR including:

Cream, Jimmy Hendrix, Steve Vai, and some others
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
Tank

Post by Tank »

Pink Floyd
linkin park
Hair Nation 80's Rock on Sirius :D
Bonnie Raitt

This was just the last few days.
-John
Jeff Tanner

Post by Jeff Tanner »

Today it's Steely Dan, Dire Straits, Peter Gabriel, Robbie Robertson....all on vinyl. Image

Man oh man, I never stop being amazed at the sound of good quality vinyl pressings...they just *stomp* on CDs...richer, wider, deeper, more natural warmth, openness and power in the instruments. CDs sound so...small, narrow and one dimensional by comparison.

Right now I'm sitting here listening to Steely Dan's "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" cranked up through my big three ways and it sounds like you are right in the room with the band. Image
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Tom v S wrote:Bob Dylan, and more Bob Dylan :D Bought Biograph two months ago, didn't leave my Yamaha for all that time.

Went to see Rage Against the Machine on 2 June, and last Sunday I saw Jan Akkerman, one of the best guitarist in the world.
Rage against the Machine ??!?!?!? I thought the band quit like 10 years ago...

To say I saw them at the CBGB's like 20 years ago!!!!!

Oh, I just discovered those two bands Arctic Monkeys and The power pop group Foals.... Just the way I like it.... Innocent and powerfulll...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Jeff Tanner wrote:Today it's Steely Dan, Dire Straits, Peter Gabriel, Robbie Robertson....all on vinyl. Image

Man oh man, I never stop being amazed at the sound of good quality vinyl pressings...they just *stomp* on CDs...richer, wider, deeper, more natural warmth, openness and power in the instruments. CDs sound so...small, narrow and one dimensional by comparison.

Right now I'm sitting here listening to Steely Dan's "Rikki Don't Lose That Number" cranked up through my big three ways and it sounds like you are right in the room with the band. Image
Peter Gabriel and Robbie Robertson are definitely excellent.

I agree about analog vs digital recordings. The ultimate is Japanese pressed vinyl, played through a tube amp. Digital recording seems to wipe out the harmonics and hense the 'dimension' of the music, IMO.

Edit - And don't get me started about Dolby noise reduction, which is only good for clipping the peaks.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Mr. Shawn

Preferences of an eclecticist

Post by Mr. Shawn »

I've always been into intense things, and one of my top 5 favorite releases is the EP from the grindcore band Damaged (Australian for insane) called "Passive Backseat Demon Engines." I've also been groovin' to theme songs from 80s TV shows. :D
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton (American novelist and short-story writer, 1862-1937)