Calling Holland...I think...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
voxnaes

Calling Holland...I think...

Post by voxnaes »

Hi guys,
This may sound stupid but I need to know what this means in English and I belive it to be Dutch........ :o
Ik lust je rauw -My guess is something like, I love to run.....but I´m NOT sure ...
Take care,
Jesper / Vox
kwakster

Post by kwakster »

voxnaes wrote:Hi guys,
This may sound stupid but I need to know what this means in English and I belive it to be Dutch........ :o
Ik lust je rauw -My guess is something like, I love to run.....but I´m NOT sure ...
Take care,
Jesper / Vox
It is indeed Dutch, and it's said when having a conflict with an opponent and means something like ' i can take you on any time and i will kick your *** easily'
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Hmm... hope you didn't get into any trouble mate!
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

kwakster wrote:It is indeed Dutch, and it's said when having a conflict with an opponent and means something like ' i can take you on any time and i will kick your *** easily'
hmmmm....strange name for a horse..?? That´s what it was called. Are you sure? The again, I was thinking that "Rauw" reminds me of the Danish word "Røv" wich means ***.... ;)
kwakster

Post by kwakster »

voxnaes wrote:hmmmm....strange name for a horse..?? That´s what it was called. Are you sure? The again, I was thinking that "Rauw" reminds me of the Danish word "Røv" wich means ***.... ;)
The exact translation of 'ik lust je rauw' would be 'I would eat you raw', but i'm not sure this has the same meaning in English when said to an opponent who challenges you for something.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

kwakster's original translation sounds like a darn good name for a race horse. :D

Edited to add: and I just realized the Amercian English version of the second translation would probably be "I'd eat you alive", which would also work fine for a race horse name.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I agree it's an excellent name for a horse. A more succinct translation would be 'bring it on!'.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram