Recommend a Watch.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

I'm not a watch expert by any means, but I have been quite happy with my Victorinox and Wenger swiss army watches. Here are links to 2 that are similar to mine. I paid way less than the price listed on these manufacturer sites:
http://www.swissarmy.com/Timepieces/Pag ... uct=24378&
http://www.wengerna.com/browse/product. ... b_cat_id=6
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
patogordo

Post by patogordo »

I have been using the last two years a Tissot T-Touch, and has a lot of goodies
its a looker
and has compass, alarm chrono, etc,
Attachments
27062008265.jpg
27062008265.jpg (73.73 KiB) Viewed 3415 times
Slowly one at a Time, but someday...
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i recomend Movado all the way, this is the one i slapped on my wrist today...

VIZIO carbon fiber
Attachments
DSC00789.jpg
DSC00789.jpg (27.84 KiB) Viewed 3468 times
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

I have been using a Citizen Eco (Nighthawk) for 3+years now, no problems. The Seiko monsters and samurai's are highly regarded if you want a cheaper Auto (that's still really good). Never had a Tissot but they are supposed to be good. I have heard bad things about Invicta's, but this may be dated information, they might have gotten better.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi ADF - Casio G-Shocks are excellent watches with lots of features. Not all of them are extreme. Take a look at the following series. They are in many different price ranges and with different technology features like Solar power, atomic time sig and 10-year battery.
1. G1000 series - 3 diff model variations,
2. GS1000D - Giez
3. GS1100 - 5 motors, tough solar, wave ceptor!
4. MTG1000 series
5. DW5025D-8 - classic G-Shock model in latest 25th Anni version. Currently for a great price at Casio.com/G-shock...
All these models are well suited of an office environment but... take 'em into the wild and they prefron even better!

Happy hunting!
Jurphaas :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

WORKER#9 wrote:Seiko 007
+1 one on this option.

They can also use 22mm Nato or zulu bands for harder use/look.

Great watch, mine is accurate and the crystal seems very scratch resistant :)

Sverre
Majidoc

Post by Majidoc »

I have one watch. A Rolex GMT-Master. I have worn it every day for 37 years and nary a bit of trouble. I sleep and shower with it on FYI. Don't ask.
Life is a process not an event!
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

rlw1979777 wrote:One only comes to mind Vincent. Citizen EcoDrive. I have owned 3 of these, and bought one for my dad, they are absolutly awsome. No Battery EVER.

I'll second that vote!
I have one, a 300 meter Professional Diver's watch that's incredibly rugged, looks great, and never needs a batter. It's become my favorite watch.

For ruggedness, the G-Shock series cannot be beat, and the prices are very reasonable, as well.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

bobadilc wrote:Hello Vincent,

Besides being a knife nut, I also collect watches.

The Casio G Shock's are very popular and moderately priced, except for the higher end Master G series, such as the " Frogman " model. All the G Shocks are built to take any kind of abuse.

I gave my nephew a " Frogman " for a graduation present, it was an awesome solar powered titanium model. I kind of wished that I would have kept it for myself !

Roger

I have a Frogman, and love it! For a large hunk of a watch, it's very light. Love the solar power, too!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

This is alot of info, but so far the Citizen EcoDrive is looking nice.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I have always had trouble with wrist watches..something to do with all my martial arts training and the electromagnetic properties in my body makes watches go Kazooie!....I have owned most brands of watches, even the so called best of the best and only three types have kept ticking endlessly without a problem....1) a Small faced Timex watch (popular with nurses in the hospital) but a little girlish 2) A Rolex Presidential Model, and my favorite and constant EDW (everyday wear) is a Titanium band Skaagen...(you can't beat the ease of comfort, the thinness on the wrist, the simplistic but elegant and classy look, the go anywhere formal or casual, and longtime reliability and solid craftmanship of a Skaagen...They remind me of Spydercos.....Check it out!.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Ian UK

Post by Ian UK »

Slightly of track

There is a G shock shown many times in the film Resident Evil 1 worn by the rescue team seals/sas/commandos it gets a lot of air time and I was wanting to get one for those rougher days EDC, and cannot find one anywhere just by looking at e-bay etc. anyone recognise it or idealy know the model number?

Thanks in advance. :)
:spyder: IAN UK Collector #116.
pablo7

Post by pablo7 »

Ian UK wrote:Slightly of track

There is a G shock shown many times in the film Resident Evil 1 worn by the rescue team seals/sas/commandos it gets a lot of air time and I was wanting to get one for those rougher days EDC, and cannot find one anywhere just by looking at e-bay etc. anyone recognise it or idealy know the model number?

Thanks in advance. :)
Try this guy he stocks some of the better G-shock non-us models... :spyder:

http://www.seiyajapan.com
:spyder: S90V~C36CF90VP
:spyder: VG-10~C10PBK
:spyder: VG-10~C10PSBBK
:spyder: VG-10~C28PET
:spyder: M390V~C36CFM390P

:spyder:Comming Soon/VG-10 spin:spyder::mad::mad::mad:
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -Spin-Pics
OuchThatsSharp

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

Traser H3 Super Sport. They come with black face, blue face and silver face. See link below. They are having a super good sale on these. I bought the black face model and love it. Has the H3 Tritium tubes for nice bright night glow. They will be getting more in about 3 weeks. They're selling them as fast as they get them.

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Traser/T ... ches_1.htm
It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
bobadilc

Watch Recomendations

Post by bobadilc »

Hi Vincent,

As you can tell this subject can be discussed to great lengths. The Citizen Eco Drives are really amazing. I had an " Eco-Zilla " 300m pro diver that was really cool, but eventually I had to stop wearing it because it was so big and heavy. I was able to quickly sell it for what I paid for it.

I wear the Seiko diver series watches because the quality, finish and workmanship are so good for the money, that it spoils you. The watches will literally out live you !

Please take a minute to look at these pics.

Thanks,
Roger
Attachments
seiko-shc063_2[1].jpg
seiko-shc063_2[1].jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
seikoshc063_4[1].jpg
seikoshc063_4[1].jpg (23.21 KiB) Viewed 2433 times
seikoshc063_1[1].jpg
seikoshc063_1[1].jpg (53.36 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
RogerBob :spyder:
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

I've had a Citizen EcoDrive Blue Angels Skyhawk for over 8 years now. Still going strong (minus a chip out of the glass and a few scratches... accidentally smacked it real hard into the end of a beam at work :( ) If I don't wear it for a while or leave it inside in a dark area I have to put it in the sunlight for 24 hours for it to work again.
:spyder:
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

kraziekurtis wrote:I've had a Citizen EcoDrive Blue Angels Skyhawk for over 8 years now. Still going strong (minus a chip out of the glass and a few scratches... accidentally smacked it real hard into the end of a beam at work :( ) If I don't wear it for a while or leave it inside in a dark area I have to put it in the sunlight for 24 hours for it to work again.
If I were to buy a Eco Drive that would be the one I would get.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

I like the Seikos, because I tend to be hard on watches.

I have an old lower-end Seiko that I bought in a PX in 1998. I have to say that I have found it to be both a super tough and super reliable watch. I wear it everyday and over the years I done the following :

Ran it over with my truck. (stupidly left it on the ground after finishing an oil change)
Accidentally dropped it into a tank of hot acid. (Parkerizing solution)
Shot it off my wrist. (ricochet out of a test fire drum)

Battered and scuffed, I've had to replace two crystals, four batteries, and I forget how many band pins. It gets exposed everyday to caustic chemicals, heat and vibration. But the watch just runs and runs and runs.

It's like a stainless steel cockroach...... :)

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

G-shocks can't be beat for quality, reliability, and bang for the buck. Many have no problem fitting into a office enviro also. I am about 50/50 office and in the field and have not found any watches I like better.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

How about a Debaufre Ocean 1? It is a great watch. I have a special green Ocean 1 in 39mm. The first link is a link to the watch. The second link is a link to the Debaufre site.
http://store.debaufre.com/Ocean-1-44-mm ... 1.0844.htm
http://www.debaufre.com/
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."