Assault stories? heres mine

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

Wow, for a second there I thought I was at the Practical-Tactical forum over on BF. Gooooooooooooooo, ninjas!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

vampyrewolf wrote:Let me guess... that was during your naked freefall over newyork from 5000 feet, while being persued by the canadian special forces.... :p :p :p
you forgot the part about one arm being tied behind his back too. :D
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
AllenETreat

Sitrep

Post by AllenETreat »

Jimd wrote:Never had to use a knife for self-defense...

Situational awareness is the best tool you can initially possess.
JimD -

That sum's it up. Good awareness about one's situation / surroundings
percludes having to use a knife or brute force.

Jerry Van Cook of tactical knives magazine would agree.

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
Shike

Post by Shike »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Lets see...this month alone I was attacked by over three hundred people...all were random attacks....I was shot at 52 times, 51 of them were all misses...(criminals have terrible aim) The one time I was hit...I took 10 rounds of 9mm to the chest, was shot twice in the back with a .44 magnum and took one blast from a shotgun slug to the head...but was able to pull at least three different knives and fend off my attackers, the doctors say the slug in my head is too close to my brain so they want to leave it there....I had a friend remove it with his Spydersaw...cept for the zig zag line in my forehead I'm feeling fine....Ten hoodlums with knives robbed me at a bus stop, because of my advanced Kung Fu training I was able to avoid getting cut using fancy footwork...one did manage to cut both of my suspenders and my pants fell down.... one look at my spyderman briefs sent them running in all directions....A band of small girls, ages two thru five, (most likely a gang) kicked me in my shins and I fell to the ground while waiting in line at Toys "R" Us....they stole my money and drove off in my Hummer...sometimes when the people who attack you are soooo ruthless you have to give them what they want and not put up a fuss....just be glad you are alive......I may never walk again from those injuried sustained to my shins.....Doc :p
Another good one Doc!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

vampyrewolf wrote:Let me guess... that was during your naked freefall over newyork from 5000 feet, while being persued by the canadian special forces.... :p :p :p
Yeah it might have been those Canadian special forces...I always confuse them with the gang of little girls....LOL.Doc :D :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

how do you think they do undercover work? what person in thier right mind would deny a horde of little girls (as you found out... they kick and bite :eek :)
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Lets see...this month alone I was attacked by over three hundred people...all were random attacks....I was shot at 52 times, 51 of them were all misses...(criminals have terrible aim) The one time I was hit...I took 10 rounds of 9mm to the chest, was shot twice in the back with a .44 magnum and took one blast from a shotgun slug to the head...but was able to pull at least three different knives and fend off my attackers, the doctors say the slug in my head is too close to my brain so they want to leave it there....I had a friend remove it with his Spydersaw...cept for the zig zag line in my forehead I'm feeling fine....Ten hoodlums with knives robbed me at a bus stop, because of my advanced Kung Fu training I was able to avoid getting cut using fancy footwork...one did manage to cut both of my suspenders and my pants fell down.... one look at my spyderman briefs sent them running in all directions....A band of small girls, ages two thru five, (most likely a gang) kicked me in my shins and I fell to the ground while waiting in line at Toys "R" Us....they stole my money and drove off in my Hummer...sometimes when the people who attack you are soooo ruthless you have to give them what they want and not put up a fuss....just be glad you are alive......I may never walk again from those injuried sustained to my shins.....Doc :p

Sounds like a few of these "true" stories....

;) ;) ;)
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

this thread is looking more and more like this skit :p

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
My knives
LouDog5446

Post by LouDog5446 »

Kaizen wrote:I haven't been through nearly as much as JimD or other cops and military guys, but I've been:

Shot at (4 times)
Stabbed at (several times)
Bats swung at me (once)
My skull cracked open with a metal pipe
Scratched from broken bottles (someone trying to stab at me)
Jumped by 10+ people (kickes to the back and head)

I have several old friends who have been murdered or close to it, so I can't complain. Just some of the things that happen when growing up in a high crime area.
I'm guessing you live in Oakland?
KaliGman

Assaults

Post by KaliGman »

Doc, don't say I didn't warn you. You know I sent you the intel report on the Canadian Midget Commandos. They ALWAYS pull that same stupid little girl routine. Why, just the other day when I was in Canada working on their Weapon X Project, I was forced to shred a few of the phony little tykes after they got into the battalion's Bushmills supply, drank enough single malt whiskey to float the Bismarck, and became decidedly unruly. Cheeky devils! :p

Seriously, most of us who work in law enforcement have been assaulted. Most of us aren't going to give you the "There I was, surrounded in the dark, deadly jungles of the Congo" war story on the incidents either, especially on a forum. After dinner, with friends who have also been there, done that, and have the T-shirt, maybe. A really bare bones description of the incident for educational purposes if someone here asks a pertinent question and the story might help someone out, also maybe.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

KaliGman wrote:and have the T-shirt
i never got a freakin T-shirt :mad:

:p
My knives
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

RIOT,

I moved out several years ago. It's really not as bad as it sounds, my ego got me in a lot of trouble. I didn't move out because of the crime either. People didn't mess with me much when I stopped acting stupid. What a coincidence. Once I got my mind wrapped around the idea that I was willing to go to an extreme at any given moment, I wasn't so paranoid and didn't feel like I had to prove anything to anyone anymore.

LouDog5446,

Yup, grew up in East Oakland (20s/ "Murders", Funktown). I stay in Dublin right now. It's pretty funny though, I didn't realize how much I was mentally prepared just in case something were to happen (not really paranoid), until I noticed one day in Dublin how much more relaxed I was.

Doc Snub,

Funny stuff. I was going to add the times when swords or brick throwing were involved, but I figured the list seemed pretty mall ninja-ish already. :p
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Yeah it might have been those Canadian special forces...I always confuse them with the gang of little girls....LOL.Doc :D :p
Howling with laughter!!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

Ive been abducted by aliens.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Caly E wrote:Ive been abducted by aliens.
sushhhhhhh...we all have...but no one is posed to know.....:eek :D oc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
itxploded

Post by itxploded »

i have never drawn in SD but i had a punk pull out a mustang collectors set piece knife on me so i grabbed it smashed his hand against the concrete wall and then after he dropped the knife i closed itm and told him to get the fck away before id kick him in his head, he ran off and i threw the knife into a dumpster. then on another occasion i had a dull as fck benchmade mini grip pulled on me and i tackled the guy and took the knife :D
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Caly E wrote:Ive been abducted by aliens.
aww, that's a different thread! :p ;) :D
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

My dog tried to steal my food one time when I went in the kitchen to grab a soda. After several years of therapy I got up the nerve to confront him about it. He just denied it so now I steal the neighbors paper every sunday. :o Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Well, I was once in a foray that featured fish.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s&feature=related
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

Agent Starling wrote:aww, that's a different thread! :p ;) :D
I forgot to mention that they assaulted me with probes