where does you forum name come from?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

It is a combination of a reminder to simply keep God first and everything else falls into place and the Lynyrd Skynyrd-Simple Man song hit home sometime back. The more I can keep myself out of God's way, the better he can use me.

I learned a long time ago that there are two groups that almost everything falls under. Stuff you can do something about and stuff you can't. What you can do something about, do it and get it out of the way. If you can't do anything about it, don't worry about it and move on.

No need to complicate things unnecessarily.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

My name is Pierce and I'm pretty observant. :p
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
McBain

Post by McBain »

Water Bug wrote:That is the giant water bug (family Belostomatidae, genus Lethocerus sp.) in my avatar. I've always liked the size of those things, and its head with the big, black eyes and short, stout probosis looks cool!
Ahhhhhh, lethocerus !!!! the Toe-Biter !!!! those are always exciting to find, they get huge. I usually end up finding belostoma, but they are a neat family.

nice to meet yas fer sure!!!

:)
-The children are right to laugh at you Ralph, these things couldn't cut butter-
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

I used to live in SoCal and operate things. I chose the name before I knew the connotations behind the word operator in the knife world.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
Gibsoniam

Post by Gibsoniam »

Mine is rather plain. I used to go by Darth Miklos... a silly nickname one of my best friends gave me. I had it changed around the time of Episode III... it seemed to convey too much geek. Mike is short for my name- Michael. G is the initial of my last name. 1p315 is a Bible reference, 1 Peter 3:15, which is quoted in my signature block.
Mike :cool:

<><
1 Peter 3:15

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

EDC
Spyderco Meerkat Sprint
HDS Systems EDC Executive 140W
Fisher Space Pen
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Kaizen---> Short Japanese translation: Constant improvement

I enjoy applying this concept to my personal and professional life.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
JspyEDC

Post by JspyEDC »

J for my first name: JESS

SPY Spyderco

EDC my only everyday carry
Spyderco Collector #162
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Bolstermanic, because I prefer knives that have bolsters.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

I have a ginger cat with the sharpest blades ever in all four paws and in his jaws (All God’s Critters Got Knives – never a truer word spoken). He was feral for four years before he got injured and had to take food from me, and now he’s the best little beast you could hope for – unless you’re a bird or a rabbit, that is. He’s called Chivers because that used to be the brand name of the second most popular marmalade in the UK (ginger=marmalade cat), and out of respect for him I use his name on the Spydie forum. Anyone else daft as this, or is there more animal inspiration out there?
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I was walking through a parking lot one day and came across a brand new little red Corvette. I've always loved Corvettes and this one was sporting a personalized plate that read FLYBYU. I thought that was hilarious and I've used it on every forum I've joined since. I threw the 44 on there because it's my favorite number and sometimes FLYBYU is taken. Not as exciting as some of you guys :)
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
fret

Post by fret »

I got my name from the "fret" on the neck of a guitar. :D
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

wanted to bump this for all the newest members.

lets hear it/read it
HistoricalMan

Post by HistoricalMan »

I'm a historian.

Quite straightforward!
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Same as many of you... Jordan is my first name. I've had a few different screen names going back to the first knife/SD forum I joined way back when (the old gutterfighting forum, RIP), but they were all some variation on my given name.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
HellHound

Post by HellHound »

HellHound or Cerberus the 3 headed guard dog of ****,just my online gamer tag. Well and there is a nother meaning to the name, (it picked up by accident,found out about the meaning recently) the 2 letters HH reasemble 88 ,any wwII freak will catch my drift. :D
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

CanisMajor - Star constellation which means "Greater Dog". Also, Flying Dog brewery named their "specialty" series of beers Canis Major and I always liked the name.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
Gibsoniam

Post by Gibsoniam »

Before Taz (Kristi) graciously changed my name for me, it was MikeG1p315. Mike (Michael), "G" (Gibson), 1 Peter 3:15.

I've standardized my username recently, so now it's Gibsoniam, a rearranging of "I am Gibson" in such a way that so far, Ive been able to secure the name evrywhere. :p
Mike :cool:

<><
1 Peter 3:15

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

EDC
Spyderco Meerkat Sprint
HDS Systems EDC Executive 140W
Fisher Space Pen
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

Mine comes from my FD nick-name "flip" and the Engine company(E8) that I crashed in a rollover(flipped) about 10 years ago.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
butterknife

Post by butterknife »

Butterknife has been a gamertag of mine for the last three or four years now. It came from a joke between a bunch of friends and I. We were playing Counter Strike, and after some humiliating deaths at the hands of some very very good players, someone made the comment about how getting killed like that was probably the most humiliating way to die. Someone else said, "Nah. It'd could be more humiliating if he'd used a butter knife."
So there. I adopted it. And then went on a five round spree without getting killed. "You just got shanked with a butter knife." and I guess I just never bothered to change my user name after that.

And here, I just thought it'd be funny to use "butterknife" on a knife forum... where the company is known for making things extra sharp.
Switchback

Post by Switchback »

When I first started collecting knives my favorite knife was the Benchmade 921 Switchback pictured below. (the blue one on the top)

I used "Switchback" on another forum and I just kept the same name for this forum.
Attachments
921  960  556.JPG
921 960 556.JPG (89.7 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
Rick T.