Forgot my knife.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dedguy

Forgot my knife.

Post by dedguy »

So in a rush to leave this morning I did do things. One I put on the wrong jeans. I meant to wear my blue jeans but put on the black ones instead. No big deal. What really bothers me is that I forgot both the Rotring ballpoint pen and a pocket knife I normally carry in my LFP.

This happens like once a year but it's never good. Luckily I have a keychain knife and a leatherman, but it's still not the same.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

.....well at least you have the Leathermam!
but you still get that naked fealing... don't you?? I hate that fealing!

-clock
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Honestly it's more the lack of pen bothering me as I use the pen a lot more on a daily basis.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: If you've trained then your hands are swords! HAHA! :p :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

dedguy wrote:So in a rush to leave this morning I did do things. One I put on the wrong jeans. I meant to wear my blue jeans but put on the black ones instead. No big deal. What really bothers me is that I forgot both the Rotring ballpoint pen and a pocket knife I normally carry in my LFP.

This happens like once a year but it's never good. Luckily I have a keychain knife and a leatherman, but it's still not the same.
i feel like i left home half shaven if i forgot to carry a knife for the day,but it has never realy happened.confessions suck!!
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Man today was just no fun. The best part of the day was when the bottom floor of our building flooded. I love when stuff like this happens especially when nothing and no one really gets hurt in anyway. Only bad thing is I fell in the **** stairwell. Luckily not down the steps but at the bottom. Cracked my elbow and head pretty good. I also got soaking wet as there was about 2" of water in the bottom of the stair well. I HATE being wet. Spent the last 4 hours at work work, in mild pain, and miserable.
dedguy.net
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

There's a reason I have a small spydie and vnox in each of my laptop bags, a utility blade (gerber eab) in my vest and typically one in my vehicle

it's bad enough when I'm at home and have left my right/front knife in another room, I've only forgotten to reload my jeans a couple times before work and the ones in my bag come out right away.

Have to buy another delica for a work knife, my mother has the latest one in her bag :p
I've given away at least a dozen spydies, typically delicas or ladybugs, though I have given away a couple meerkats to ppl without a knife. Gave 10 vnox classics away for xmas 06 at work, didn't buy a bag of em this year.

spare knives are great until you forgot you gave em all away :rolleyes:
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I too carry a rotring 600 ballpoint. Those pens are AMAZING, I was hesistant to spend 30 bucks on a pen but now I have two pens and the lava finish pencil. I hate writing with anything else.

I always make sure I have at least one spyderco and my rotring strapped on before I leave the house.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Yeah I love my Rotring. I wouldn't mind getting one of the old style ballpoints but I do mind paying $80-100 for one.
dedguy.net
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Yeah, it is a naked feeling traveling without your tool. I guess now there is justification on why to buy several spydies............one for the car, one for the go bag, one for work, one for travel.............LOL! I hope you do not have to suffer the humility of traveling around naked and exposed again! :D