CONTEST! (2000th post celebration)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
clovisc

CONTEST! (2000th post celebration)

Post by clovisc »

I've passed the 2,000 mark, and have had some extremely good fortune lately... so i've decided that it's time for me to hold my first contest.

THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO FORUMITES WITH AT LEAST 50 POSTS.

All I ask is that you take the time to go to http://www.appyskatepark.com , and check out the Appalachia Skate Kommission's free community skate park project. It's one of the community projects I helped put together last year... the website is pretty do-it-yourself-looking, because this is a small town project. The organization has made astounding progress over the last year (their first in existence), and has shown some serious dedication. If you want to leave a positive comment on the page, or sign their e-petition -- that would be awesome.

They'll be thrilled to get some different visitors to their page... :D New visits from around the country really help build hope and inspiration.

When you've done this, post a confirmation here (be honest, please!)... the winner will be randomly selected on APRIL 5th.

Winner will be mailed sharp surprise from Alaska... :D

Thanks! -- Jason
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

clovisc - I signed the petition. I think this is what kid's everywhere need; good alternatives to getting in trouble. Skateboarders often get a bad rap but it can be just as good an outlet/exercise as any other sport.

I was a skateboarder for 14 years; it’s the reason why my ankles make so much noise! And yes, skateboarding is real exercise, I know this because the second I stopped I gained weight. :eek: :)

Win or lose the contest, this is a good cause, thanks clovisc
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

I signed the petition. :)

I live in a city where nobody lives more than a mile from a park, and I loved having a place to hang out and do stuff when I was growing up, and I love the idea of working to give other kids a place like that. :cool:
Back from an extended hiatus.
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

Sounds like a great cause, so I signed the petition. Sports facilities are always a great idea. I used to skateboard and a good park is a great addition to a community.
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
raven

Post by raven »

Hey clovisc, Bro I signed the petition and donation sent ;) . I live in a small town that pushed HARD to get a skatepark, we battled, and WON :cool: !!!

We even managed to get Tony Hawk here to ride and our skatepark made his TOP 10 List of best skateparks ;) . Keep Pushing Forward Knifebro, You'll Get There. Best Of Luck To You and Awsome You're Involved ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

BTW, CONGRATS ON THE 2K POSTS ...KEEP EM COMING!!!

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Tank

Post by Tank »

I signed the petition. I hope they get the land they need. My wife and I volenteered on a commity to bring a dog park to our town. We finally got it last year and it has been great to have a place the the the furry ones run and play.
We got a skate park as well and its great to see the kids there instead of out on the streets.
Best of luck and congrats on the 2k
-John
KP

Post by KP »

I signed the petition.
Hope it'll make a difference.
whitefeather

Post by whitefeather »

Hey Clovisc, Visited the page, sorry I'm not able to make a donation at this time (currently unemployed). Thanks for the contest but don't enter my name. A nice gentleman by the name of Jason :cool: has already sent me something sharp from Ketchikan.

Thanks Bro
griff76

Post by griff76 »

Petition signed. Good stuff Clovisc!! Thanks for the contest and all you do.
"There was never a good knife made out of bad steel"
-Benjamin Franklin
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Jason,

Nice site. I don't see anything "do-it-yourself-looking" about it. Looks good. I used to skateboard on vert ramps. I love it. I think it's a great way to keep kids out of trouble and have fun. We have a skatepark in my city and it's done wonders for the kids.

Thanks for the contest also, I signed the petition. :)

Cheers!
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Petition signed and thanks for the contest. congrats on 2K!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

I signed the petition. I was more of a "poke around in the creek in my backyard" kid, but many of my friends were into skateboarding and it is certainly a good alternative to messing around on the streets.

Good work Jason! Altruism in man really is something unique.

Thanks for the contest
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Clovisc, done, and keep up the good work!
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

clovisc

Post by clovisc »

amazing! thanks so much for the show of support!!!

i received a message from the appalachia skate kommission folks not very long ago, asking what the heck i just did... sounds like they've been getting much more web traffic... ;) :D

keep it coming!!!! and thanks again!
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

Petition signed. The ASK page didn't display 100 percent correctly for me, but I'm running Iceweasel (the Debian fork of Firefox), so it might just be me.

Thanks for the contest and congrats on hitting 2K.
Carson
araneae

Post by araneae »

Clovisc- looks like a cool grassroots project. Anything that keeps kids positive and involved is a worthy endeavor. It shows kids that they can make things happen if they get active in the community. I added my sig to the petition.

Congrats on posting past 2000.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
jugg2

Post by jugg2 »

Great cause, I signed the petition.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Jason,
the petition is signed, glad to help
Congrats on 2K, stay warm.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
kimjune01

Post by kimjune01 »

Petition signed. Cool project.
Congrats on your 2000 posts; we appreciate you.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I just signed the petition & it made me want to blow the dust off of my skateboard (yes I still have one!) & skate around. Congrats on exceeding two grand!

-Jay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>