Which Multitool Do You Find Comfortable For Edc?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MANIXWORLD

Which Multitool Do You Find Comfortable For Edc?

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Ok,for me weight of the multitool is an important factor./lighter is better.
Then its got to have a decent knifeblade of good sharpness and reasonable length.
A pocketclip will do perfect,even better when its removable,also.
the multitool shouldnt be to bulky,weight also under 150gr.
there are some realy well designed multitools on the market today.
The Spyderenche is def. one of them,and my favorite.
The zillatool from CRKT is another one-great design.
And lastly,one i have recently purchased,the standard version Skeletool from Leatherman.
this one is real nice,about the same size as the Juice line of Leatherman,but way better quality and tougher.
the CF scale version of the Skeletool,also looks great,but has a bit more class to it.
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

I carry a Leatherman Wav daily, it's heavy as **** but I keep it in a messenger bag I carry so that it doesn't really bother me. I've looked at the Skeletool and it's very tempting but it just doesn't seem as versatile as the Wave. For example it doesn't have the scissors or tiny screwdriver both of which I use pretty regularly.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I totally forget about the Leatherman Charge TTi that rides weak-side on my belt ALL the time. If I were to do it over-again, I would probably go with the (significantly) bigger Surge.

Part of the reason I picked the Charge TTi was because of the blade being made of S30V. Well, it doesn't seem to stack up with Spyderco's job of S30V. Besides, I don't use the Leatherman blade for anything aside from small things when I already have the LM out.

The most comfortable to EDC --I'm sure-- would be the Leatherman Micra. For me, the bit of extra weight of the Charge is outweighed by the usefulness of it.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Yeah, I never expect the knife on any multitool to actually be a knife.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

I carry a Leatherman Fuse to work everyday. It does everything I need, but I do wish that I had known they made one with a file instead of a knife blade. I always have a Spydie for my cutting tasks.

The weight is pretty much neglible since I wear a Mitch Rosen 1.5 inch, double-thick gunbelt. It looks like a dress belt and keeps my pants right where I want them. The other day I was carrying my Leatherman, work phone, work radio, cell phone, and a full sized Manix. Not once did I have to hike up my pants, lol.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Leatherman Juice for me ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I don't carry anything but SAK's. The Victorinox Huntsman and Farmer are the best there is in my opinion.

I just never really got why Multi-tools are so big. I never ever need a pair of pliers. If I do, I have a set at home, a set of chanel locks, a set of needle nose, etc. I also have two sets in the trunk of my car.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
KaliGman

Multitool

Post by KaliGman »

I have a few (my wife has more--she loves these gadgets). I carry a Spyderwrench in my briefcase daily.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

It's this one for me:

I can't say I've ever even tried to cut anything with the blade, but it's definitely come in useful many times for various things
rocketbomb

Post by rocketbomb »

I carried a Leatherman Fuse for a while, but became frustrated with its insufficiencies as both a pair of pliers and as a knife. That was part of what got me started into Spydercos, actually. Now I carry one or two Spydies with me at all times, and when I'm working, hunting, camping, or fishing, I carry a good pair of real pliers with me. I would say that I actually use the pliers more than my knives most of the time. That is probably my most valued EDC item, and the only item that I have any sentimental attachment to. Have had my current pair for about five or six years, and they're still going strong. My dad gave them to me when I was in junior high. Not bad for a six-dollar investment.

Yes, I know this picture is terrible. But I post it because I have in the past experienced confusion as to what exactly "a pair of pliers" is.
Attachments
pliers.jpg
pliers.jpg (55.72 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword..." Hebrews 4:12

I may be slow, but I'm not very good.
-B. Stark
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

David Lowry wrote:I don't carry anything but SAK's. The Victorinox Huntsman and Farmer are the best there is in my opinion.

I just never really got why Multi-tools are so big. I never ever need a pair of pliers. If I do, I have a set at home, a set of chanel locks, a set of needle nose, etc. I also have two sets in the trunk of my car.
This morning I ran into a wiring problem in an apartment and ended up using the pliers on my LM Wave, the pliers on my SpydeRench and the locking pliers on the LM Crunch in various combinations before getting it resolved. It may have been easier to do with real tools, but those were three floors down and in another building (I was painting, not wiring, at the time).

I figure over the years, multi-tools have saved me at least a hundred miles of walking from where I'm working to where my tools are and back. :D
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
RLR

Post by RLR »

Blue Juice here too. Goes everywhere in a coat pocket. For days I know I'll need more tools (hanging lights, cutting drywall, projects around the house) I carry the Charge Ti. Nothing else need apply!
carrot

Post by carrot »

I like the Swisstool Spirit. I have recently downsized it from my EDC but when I did carry it I'd usually forget it was there. I found that I pretty much never seem to have a need for pliers nowadays so I stopped carrying it. I would like to try the Spyderwrench sometime however.
Latest :spyder: -- Blurple Para2
Hookpunch

Post by Hookpunch »

The blue leatherman juice for me too, although I keep it in a small pouch because it is uncomfortable in my pants pocket.

Fullsize multitools or even medium size ones like the Gerber 400 series are great for the car or maybe camping but I really don't like the weight on a belt.
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

I find the needlenose pliers among the most useful parts of your average Leatherman. I also use the screwdriver a lot, and the interchangeable bits on the Wave are great. I actually just fixed my bumper with my wave which I wouldn't have been able to do with any SAK as I had to use a much larger than average phillips head.
dedguy.net
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

For me it's the Gerber Multi-Plier 400 Compact Sport.
Not to big not to small.
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

just to chime in on the Skeletool.
it mite not be as functional and tough as the other LM tools,Wave,Charge etc.,but this one/skeletool,has a real tech-futuristic design/look to it and a coolness factor to it.
It looks like a part of a robot/mechanical,specialy the all stainless version.
.after all it does transform.
cdf

Post by cdf »

I carry either a Leatherman charge Ti , or a Victorinox Spirit . Comes down to a onehanded blade vs build quality .

Dont have very much time for any of the others , but I would like to see a Skeletool .

Chris
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

yablanowitz wrote: I figure over the years, multi-tools have saved me at least a hundred miles of walking from where I'm working to where my tools are and back. :D
You and me, both. Walking and riding elevators!
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I carry the Leatherman Super Tool 200 in a leather sheath on my belt. I don't find it heavy at all, and although I haven't used all of the tools, the needlenose pliers, knife, file, can opener, awl, screwdrivers, and Tool Adaptor have proven quite useful. This is an upgrade to my original Super Tool, which received a lot of use over the years.

If I have a choice (i.e., I'm not hopping on a plane at the airport, going to a place where it would be prohibited, like a courthouse, etc.), I don't leave home without the Super Tool 200 on my belt. I typically use standard tools for whatever needs working on, but when those tools aren't readily available, the Super Tool 200 is there.