BlackHawk/MOD Hornet Redesigned!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
raven

BlackHawk/MOD Hornet Redesigned!!!

Post by raven »

Hey All, Just a "Heads Up" here. I don't know how many of you like the BLACKHAWK/MOD line of knives, but the James Keating Hornet has been redesigned and costs much less :cool: . The model is now the Hornet II ...it now uses AUS-8 blade steel, 420 SS liners, G-10 handles, Tip-Up or Tip-Down Carry, Drilled for Left or Right side carry, and can still be purchased in Auto or Manual opening . It now runs between $70 and $100 depending on the site. Kept it's same size and shape. This is new for 2008 and there are a few new models added to the BLACKHAWK Line. Just thought I'd share with any that are interested and I attached a pic ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
Attachments
15H2_0BIG.jpg
15H2_0BIG.jpg (21.41 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Ya, those blackhawk aus 8 knives look awesome! Considering most are for self-protection there's no real need for super steels as aus 8 does get razor sharp and'll stay sharp at least untill the fight's over. After that who cares? Janich's new stabbier hawkbill looks particularly tasty. For under $100 bucks it's a winner! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai

Post by 224477 »

Thanks for the heads up, have seen their news for 2008 :)
Lots of nice knives there, just wondering if a 420 steel liner lock is not going to wear out soon, especially when using wrist snap openings.
I have seen a lot of other brand 420/400 series liners to wear out pretty soon, for example several of CRKT models. Although I like their knives.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Milu

Post by Milu »

I'm a big fan of the original Hornet and all the original MoD line. I may be an elitist but I can't help but feel that this is an attempt by Blackhawk to cash in on the name and recoup some of the the purchase cost of MoD.
My father always taught me not to trust a man who was not interested in cars, guns and knives.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Hi raven, thanks for posting this knife...you seem to find some good ones! :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Milu wrote:I'm a big fan of the original Hornet and all the original MoD line. I may be an elitist but I can't help but feel that this is an attempt by Blackhawk to cash in on the name and recoup some of the the purchase cost of MoD.
There may be something to that. Going from 154cm to AUS-8 is a decrease in the quality of materials, while making the knives affordable to more people. This can create a wider exposure, which could help build a greater fan base.

At least they aren't charging the same prices for the lesser quality.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Ya, those blackhawk aus 8 knives look awesome! Considering most are for self-protection there's no real need for super steels as aus 8 does get razor sharp and'll stay sharp at least untill the fight's over. After that who cares? Janich's new stabbier hawkbill looks particularly tasty. For under $100 bucks it's a winner! :spyder:
Which one is that?
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Sakuraba#1

Post by Sakuraba#1 »

I ordered this knife a couple of months ago from Blackhawk directly because there website said they had it in stock but when i got an order confirmation it said they were back ordered. Kinda pissed me off but I am still excited to get the knife.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Raven,
Thanks for the heads up. I used to like MOD's Hornet but I wasn't very fond of those aluminium handles. It looks like this issue has been taken care of. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.