New Harmon Kardon Drive + Play - $20

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SeanH

New Harmon Kardon Drive + Play - $20

Post by SeanH »

I just ordered one at [Link deleted by SeanH]

Normally I don't post things like this because it borders on spam, which I detest. But this was such a good deal I thought it would be remise of me not to give others a chance at it.

This is the first model of the Drive and Play which has been discontinued. I saw one today at Best Buy for $84. Their original retail was $200.

If you don't know what this is, here are a couple of reviews.
http://www.macworld.com/article/49206/2 … eplay.html
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/driveplay.ars

I double checked the Overstock site and they state that these are new units.

[edit] Do not deal with Overstock Dealz or it's parent company Consumer Depot!!!!!!!!

This may well be a scam. I Googled the parent company's name and got this
http://www.attorneygeneral.state.tn.us/ ... rdepot.htm

The parent company is Consumer Depot and evidently, they have been ripping off their customers for years.

I should have remembered the old adage, "If it looks too good to be true..."

Oh well the one I saw at Best Buy is real and still a good deal at $84, so If my fears are confirmed and I've been ripped off, I'll check that one out.

I hope none of you followed the link before I took it down. If you did, I'm sorry. I had no idea at the time.

Sean
>>The Spyderco Forum Cookbook ... and its thread<<

Think about what you believe, but don't believe everything you think.

"We feel that to "charge as much as the market will bear" is "to bite the hand that feeds you"."
Sal Glesser
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

I SERIOUSLY want one of these. I'm a little confused as to how it connects to my head unit though. Are FM transmitter or auxiliary in the only options?
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

KSDbass wrote:I SERIOUSLY want one of these. I'm a little confused as to how it connects to my head unit though. Are FM transmitter or auxiliary in the only options?
this is from the review in the first link on it.

The Drive+Play allows users to connect it to your car in three ways: It can connect directly to any car stereo with an auxiliary input jack (via a standard audio cable); to most stereos with a CD changer connecter (using an optional third-party adapter); or, for those who don’t want to go to the trouble of a more complex installation, via the Drive+Play’s built-in FM transmitter.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

Ah, ok, thank you. I though i read through both of them, but I guess I missed that part.
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
SeanH

Post by SeanH »

Duplicate post

"We feel that to "charge as much as the market will bear" is "to bite the hand that feeds you"."
Sal Glesser
SeanH

!!!!!!!!! Stop !!!!!!!!!

Post by SeanH »

Don't order from these people!!!!!

Do not deal with Overstock Dealz or it's parent company Consumer Depot!!!!!!!!

This may well be a scam. I Googled the parent company's name and got this
http://www.attorneygeneral.state.tn.us/ ... rdepot.htm

The parent company is Consumer Depot and evidently, they have been ripping off their customers for years.

I should have remembered the old adage, "If it looks too good to be true..."

Oh well the one I saw at Best Buy is real and still a good deal at $84, so If my fears are confirmed and I've been ripped off, I'll check that one out.

I hope none of you followed the link before I took it down. If you did, I'm sorry. I had no idea at the time.

Sean

Sal Glesser
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i'm not buying it because i already have my cars hooked up to play my ipods...but i did a quick search on froogle.com and these came up..GL wherever and whomever gets one.
http://www.google.com/products?q=Harmon ... &scoring=p
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Will V.

Post by Will V. »

A fair number of electronics and photography "dealers" are just fronts for scammers, I was nearly scammed by one when I tried to buy a digital SLR camera.

I got lucky. I sent back the bait and switch merchandise, and threatened to report them to the state Attorney General, by whom I had discovered they were already being sued. They complied with my refund request.

One hallmark of these scammers is a ridiculously low price on some or all of their merchandise, way less than you can find it for anywhere else, combined with vague and/or very restrictive return policies. Once you order, they have your phone number and credit card number, and they will either call you and try to talk you into an "upgrade," or in some cases they will simply use your credit card number in a fraudulent manner.

This camera dealer even linked to a fake ratings website, on which they had multitudes of positive "reviews." They even had the gall to publish unfavorable "reviews" of legitimate camera dealers. When I tried to post a negative review on the web site, it never was published. :rolleyes: Caveat Emptor.
"leave shiny footprints"
- Sal
-
Member, International Order of the Spyderedge!