Congratulations New York Giants!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Congratulations New York Giants!!

Post by java »

Congrats to the Giants for controlling the Patriots' offense en route to their 17 - 14 Superbowl XLII win. The Patriots defensive line was almost non-existent and Brady took the brunt of the Giants' blitzing.

All-in-all, one of the best Superbowl games I've seen. Fans of both teams can be proud as it was down to the final minute before the outcome was certain.

:D
J
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

I'm not a football fan really, I only watch the Superbowl, but that was a great game. Congrats Giant's fans.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
arnon

Post by arnon »

mrappraisit wrote:I'm not a football fan really, I only watch the Superbowl, but that was a great game. Congrats Giant's fans.
+1....
Arnon
spydo

Post by spydo »

Arghhh. I am New England fan all the way and I am still upset. My opinion is that neither team showed what I expected. Especially not Patriots. Most of the game was pretty boring and hard to watch if you ask me. Bad end to such a great season for Pats. Still upset. Congrats Giant fans.
Avatar in support of my favorite designer! CLB rocks!!!!
swingshot

Post by swingshot »

Judging by the amount of fairly rare Spydies that popped up on eBay last night... there may have been a few betting slips torn up.
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Congrats to the Giants and thier fans...The better team won last night.

Now if you'll excuse me,I have to get back to sulking with my thumb in my mouth. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Chewy

Post by Chewy »

I think the Giants defense completely man-handled the Patriots. It was unbelievable. I really thought that the Pats would win, but am glad that that Manning boys each have a ring...and Eli got his quicker than his brother did.
Current Spydies: D'Allara VG10 (Japan), Native PE (USA), Byrd Robin (China) :spyder:
JBE

Post by JBE »

This was the first pro football game that I actually sat down and watched in its entirety in quite some time. (I'm a big college football fan though - Go Tigers! :D )

There's an old adage in football that states that "Offense wins games, but defense wins championships" and that really proved true last night as Michael Strahan and company kept Tom Brady on his heels all night. The Giants have earned my respect and have gained a new fan here. :D
Jason
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

spydo wrote:Arghhh. I am New England fan all the way and I am still upset. My opinion is that neither team showed what I expected. Especially not Patriots. Most of the game was pretty boring and hard to watch if you ask me. Bad end to such a great season for Pats. Still upset. Congrats Giant fans.
hey spydo, don't be upset coz the Patriots did better than my brother's favorite team the Dolphins :p ;) :D
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

jaislandboy wrote:hey spydo, don't be upset coz the Patriots did better than my brother's favorite team the Dolphins :p ;) :D
wait, I thought the dolphins went undefeated and won the superbowl?

regardless, I love Eli, not becuase he won the bowl but because he beat the pats in fashion!!! someone tell me how in the **** did he escape that sack in the end? then ole boy caught it off his helmet??? I feel like I should be at a dead show.
anthonyc

Post by anthonyc »

the ticker tape parade was insane today.

destiny can not be stopped :D
anthonyc

Post by anthonyc »

check out todays carry :D
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

I'm not really into football but congrats to the Giants :)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."