Cold Steel Ti-Lite

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

spyderskin wrote:My friends, sorry to have offended any of you with this topic...It was a simple mistake, and I agree it should be in off-topic, but I clicked the wrong forum..Forgive me.. I love spyderco as well, and I have 4 of my own, some of you may have seen them.. I have posted them a couple of places.. I love spyderco, but there are other knives I like as well... I only have one other Cold Steel, and it's a stout knife.. I like SOG and Ka-Bar as well... I used to be into Bench-made, but I broke the tip off the one I have and it didn't take much stress to break it, so I'm pretty turned off with bench-made and their high prices for junk knives... I prefer thick, stout blades, thats one reason I'm drawn to spyderco so much... As far as the mili, the next spyderco I going to purchase is a para-military....Again I'm sorry for the mix up... :spyder:
Dude we are all just kidding around thats why we use so many smilies :D :D :D

Overall Cold Steel does make very cool impact tools

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

spyderskin wrote:My friends, sorry to have offended any of you with this topic...
No worries...no offense taken. :)
spyderskin wrote:I love spyderco, but there are other knives I like as well... I only have one other Cold Steel, and it's a stout knife.. I like SOG and Ka-Bar as well...
Glad you brought up the Ti-Lite, I've been interested in that blade myself. :cool:

Agent Starling :D
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
WinstonWolf

Post by WinstonWolf »

I have one too - Made that mistake only once.

I have to say that I used to have a ti-Lite in my EDC, then after about a year of carrying it it started to develop vertical blade play and it got worse and worse, Tightening the pivot screw fixed some of it but even after that the vertical blade play was still there.
I know several LEO that have them and have all had the same problem that I had with mine. Its a great blade to start with especially with the fine tip grind it comes with but after a while it just disappoints.
I got a Mili to replace it and the ti-lite has never been in my pocket since.

My $0.02 worth? Don't do that one.

P.S. Mine is the shorter version of the two. Once you handle the long one you quickly realize that there is no way in **** to carry that in your pocket unless you have pockets that go down to your knes.
LeeCQC

Post by LeeCQC »

If you want an awesome impact tool... buy a Lava! (I know, that's my answer to everything... but, it's so awesome). KaliGman has some nice videos on his website demonstrating the Lava (and Kris) being used as impact weapons, and showing blade deployment during an altercation. :spyder:

http://www.albokalisilat.org/folding3.html
Lee

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

*Avatar thanks to Dialex :spyder:
AllenETreat

no skinning here...

Post by AllenETreat »

spyderskin -

I own one and am quite pleased. Contrary to what you may hear,
they're quite sharp & rugged.

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

ok,i have the above mentioned model in a 4 inch aswell :) not very practical for major cutting jobs,but nice and solid and i think it would make a great defence weapon :cool: it looks cool,but i would defenitely not get the titanium version of the ti lite...oops i said it :D too pricey,the titanium model...shouldnt they have called the zytel version,the ZY LITE :) :D
spyderskin

Hey WinstonWolf

Post by spyderskin »

WinstonWolf, did you put yours through alot of stress and it ended up like you say or did you hardly ever use it for tough jobs and it still ended up this way just due to time or whatever...
I plan on using it as a defense knife only, it probably will not get the chance to cut as much as a string...
Spyderskin A.K.A. hissatsu1 :spyder:
Blood Soaked Serrations!, Thats how I roll...:cool:
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

Thanks Allen, I've heard that alot about this knife, I think I'm going to get it, I can get the 6in version for around 40 to 50 bucks....
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

LeeCQC wrote:If you want an awesome impact tool... buy a Lava! (I know, that's my answer to everything... but, it's so awesome). KaliGman has some nice videos on his website demonstrating the Lava (and Kris) being used as impact weapons, and showing blade deployment during an altercation. :spyder:

http://www.albokalisilat.org/folding3.html
i'd love to watch this video, which i'd not heard about before... but it isn't working!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

I've seen some lava videos, I'm not to impressed with it, it's to small first of all, and I don't really like the design for the price.. But thats just me..I'm a big guy and I'm drawn to big knives... I have no doubt though that it is an exellent knife..
KaliGman

?

Post by KaliGman »

clovisc wrote:i'd love to watch this video, which i'd not heard about before... but it isn't working!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
Clovisc,

If you have QuickTime, you should be able to watch the video. I just checked it and it worked fine for me.

To all, if you have any problems accessing my site or have questions, have a particular self defense situation or technique you would like to see addressed, etc., PM me or email me (my email address is on my site). I won't promise to respond to everything with a video or something on the site, but I will try (as work and my other duties allow) to respond to most of it, if only through a PM (unless you guys bury me in requests :D ).
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
scout

Post by scout »

aj1985 wrote:Dude we are all just kidding around thats why we use so many smilies :D :D :D

Overall Cold Steel does make very cool impact tools

aj
Yeah, we do have a heck of a lot of smilies. :D
LeeCQC

Post by LeeCQC »

spyderskin wrote:I've seen some lava videos, I'm not to impressed with it, it's to small first of all, and I don't really like the design for the price.. But thats just me..I'm a big guy and I'm drawn to big knives... I have no doubt though that it is an exellent knife..
Well, to truly appreciate the Lava, you must first hold it in your hand. Dont let the small package fool you, it can pack one **** of a punch. If you only like big knives, that's fine. But, I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss the Lava based on your impressions of it from pictures. It would probably surprise you. :spyder:
Lee

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

*Avatar thanks to Dialex :spyder:
spyderskin

Well, I got it..

Post by spyderskin »

I got it and I must say I'm very taken by it.. I bought the 6inch blade model.. I love it....It handles well for such a large knife...
Attachments
Our Pictures 162.jpg
Our Pictures 162.jpg (39.14 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

Here it is with a Spyderco Endura 4 Wave...These are for sure my favorite tools in my warrior's tool box.. :spyder:
Attachments
Our Pictures 161.jpg
Our Pictures 161.jpg (72.21 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
spyderskin

Post by spyderskin »

Something else I like about this knife is that you can open it off of anything, and it makes an exellent impact weapon for close-combat and you can even open it off of the person your fighting one-handed...
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I love the design by Phil Boguszewski alot..
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

spyderskin wrote:Here it is with a Spyderco Endura 4 Wave...These are for sure my favorite tools in my warrior's tool box.. :spyder:
Wow Spyderskin,the 6inch Ti lite makes the Endura look tiny.
The 6inch version is like a small Katana-this is a real impact selfdefence tool.
I have to add that the Ti lites are pretty darn tough and can take a good beating...the bladesteel is quite tough and has good pointstrength for a stilletto style blade.
Punch the 6inch thru a telephone directory and see the penetration power.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

MANIXWORLD wrote:Punch the 6inch thru a telephone directory and see the penetration power.
You've got to be kidding...???
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
whitefeather

Post by whitefeather »

I'd call that my Monopoly Knife......Go to Jail....Do not pass go