Let's get Daywalker a Kershaw ZT 0200!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
AllenETreat

a vote in absentia...

Post by AllenETreat »

I'd gladly put in a vote, but I'm banished from BF. Hopefully someone'll
vote on my behalf.

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
dialex

Thank You!

Post by dialex »

Hi friends, thank you all for your support. It was amazing to see the :spyder: gang in action. :D
I don't think we should be ashamed. We played by the rules. It was not a competition reserved to certain persons. It was an opportunity for a good person to get a good knife.
And we won! :D
A great thing is the others have lost with elegance themselves. That makes us part of the same team: the knifelovers.
Thanks everyone and have a great weekend. God bless you all.
Alex
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Hannibal Lecter

Chaddakin...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Done.

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Ablade

Post by Ablade »

I cast my vote for Chad.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I just read what was going on over there (via a friend) and I have to say that I'm very proud of what Chad and Alex said in regards to all the "madness".

You guys are both a class act.

Personally I think quite a few folks "over there" were behaving like big babies.

Cheers. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Thomas W

Post by Thomas W »

dialex,

Please cast my vote for one that is not overly impressed with your fun. As a result of such "gang" fun, we are in the process of deciding whether or not to allow giveaway threads on the Kershaw sub-forum from now on.

Congrats on your accomplishment.

David, I guess you can count me in as one of the babies.

Thomas
Kershaw Knives
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Nice gesture on Gerorge's part. he gave up his Forum Lava do ease the tension over there.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Things were touch & go for awhile last night. Some of the Kershaw Regulars were very upset. But I calmed things down before going to bed. Thankfully, Chad did not have to face an angry bunch when he found the thread on BF, and then posted.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Thomas W wrote:dialex,

Please cast my vote for one that is not overly impressed with your fun. As a result of such "gang" fun, we are in the process of deciding whether or not to allow giveaway threads on the Kershaw sub-forum from now on.

Congrats on your accomplishment.

David, I guess you can count me in as one of the babies.

Thomas
Kershaw Knives
Thomas,

I don't think you were acting like a baby at all. There were quite a few that were. I just don't see what the big deal is. Just because Chad doesn't contribute to only the Kershaw forum he has contributed quite a bit over on Bladeforums as a whole. I guess you should have specified that it should be only people that post a TON in the Kershaw forum. I was under the impression that the Kershaw and Spyderco forums (on bladeforums) were subforums. They are not forums of their own, and they don't have seperate logins etc. I lurk a lot of places and don't post. That doesn't mean that I don't like (and support through purchases) the product in which I am lurking. ;)

You've been very gracious to me always. Please understand I don't have anything against you. I just don't see what the big deal was. I'll let it go at that because hey.....we all like knives.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Thomas, welcome to the Spyderco Forums and enjoy your stay here.
Thank you for your intervention. You'll see that there is a nice community here as well and the Spyderco forumites speak friendly about Kershaw products.
Now and then we also organize giveaways where everyone is invited. I am sure you and your friends who will decide to join this Forum will appreciate a Spyderco almost as much as they like the Kershaws. ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
glockman99

Post by glockman99 »

David Lowry wrote:I just read what was going on over there (via a friend) and I have to say that I'm very proud of what Chad and Alex said in regards to all the "madness".

You guys are both a class act.

Personally I think quite a few folks "over there" were behaving like big babies.

Cheers. ;)
I'm one of "the guys" from the Kershaw Forum over at BladeForums (I'm also a moderator at BladeForums). If you saw me "in person", I'm betting that you wouldn't call me a "big baby"...I'm big, but not a baby. :D .:D .

Anyhow, I'm okay now with Chad winning a ZT 0200, and with my blessings. He seems like a good guy.
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
glockman99@yahoo.com
ront

Post by ront »

Well, I am too late. I went to cast my vote and, IT"S ALL OVER. I see that Chad did get the most votes. Cool he deserves one of them.
Hi glockman99, you can't be all bad, you are from Aberdeen, WA. Greetings from another Washington state member :) .

Ron
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Glockman, glad to see you here again, man.
Do you still have that pimped Spyderco Rescue? You know, the one with rounded spine and glassbreaker?
glockman99

Post by glockman99 »

dialex wrote:Hi Glockman, glad to see you here again, man.
Do you still have that pimped Spyderco Rescue? You know, the one with rounded spine and glassbreaker?
I don't remember ever owning a Spyderco Rescue. I DID have a Chinook that I rounded the spine on, 'tho...
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
glockman99@yahoo.com
dialex

Post by dialex »

Sorry, I must have confused something. I was living under the impression you modified some time ago a Rescue... and posted some pics.
My apologies. :o
GeorgeMaggos

Well Did He Get It?

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

Did Daywalker ever get his contest knife?

Does anyone know if he did & if he did then did he like it?

Maybe Chad can post if he did & any comments about it?

He is the last one from the contest to confirm if it came & how it is.

I know I have one of the ZT 0200's myself & it is a sweet knife, I bet he will like it as well. :)

Thanks, George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
Tank

Post by Tank »

GMaggos wrote:Did Daywalker ever get his contest knife?

Does anyone know if he did & if he did then did he like it?

Maybe Chad can post if he did & any comments about it?

He is the last one from the contest to confirm if it came & how it is.

I know I have one of the ZT 0200's myself & it is a sweet knife, I bet he will like it as well. :)

Thanks, George

I just went and check and YES, Chad did win it. :D Congrats Chad.
-John
GeorgeMaggos

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

I already know he won it, I was wondering if he has it in his hands yet?

All the other winners reported that they recieved them except him.
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
dialex

Post by dialex »

I am sure Daywalker will post a comment at both Forums when the knife arives.
He has a nasty job with long shifts and maybe this is the cause for his silence.