CR123 Batteries

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JBE

CR123 Batteries

Post by JBE »

Can anyone recommend a brand and good source of reliable CR123's? I need to pick some up for my two Surefires and noticed that the price of SF's batteries have gone up a bit since the last time I bought some. Thanks!
Jason
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

Duracell is pretty good, but Surefire is still cheaper.

Those kind of batteries are expensive, what can ya do? :rolleyes:
Back from an extended hiatus.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Join CPF (candlepowerforums.com). Find the CPF specials sticky in the Dealers section of the Marketplace. Link to the Battery Station in the CPF specials section. $1.25 for good CR123A cells.
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
Senate

Post by Senate »

over here cr123 are used only in some cameras and DSLR and the Duracell M3 cost a pretty 9euros a piece, that's approx 13US$... :eek:
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

have you checked ebay? usually, it's land of cheap everything...
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I get mine at Knifeworks.com. I got a pack of 20 for $21. :)

They are Surefire Brand.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

I bought some Energizer e2's recently at Lighthound for $1.60 each
Big footed nick

Post by Big footed nick »

Lighthound.com sells some $1.25 batt's that's what alot of the guys over there buy...
:spyder:
jugg2

Post by jugg2 »

The Fenix-Store, they are Panasonic.

https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=53_59

While you are there check out the T-1, the "low mode" is as bright as my G2! On high it is equal to a Magcharger with a little less throw, about 50 ft. less.

https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22_85
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Duracell and Surefire.

CR123 cells must be Made in America. This is less about being Patriotic, and more about not having the cells explode. Cheap CR123 cells that are made outside of America, such as China; can explode. (There's a reason why Dealers have to pay a Haz-Mat fee when ordering CR123 cells). As a Regular on CandlePowerForums, I've seen some examples regarding the "quality" of cheaply made CR123s.

Also, don't mix and match cells. Don't take one that's partially drained and put it with a new cells into a 2-cell light. That's an easy way to cause a flashlight explosion.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

For the money, you can't beat the deal offered by Surefire for a box of their branded batteries. That's all I've been using for the last couple of years.
Steve
cedjunior

Post by cedjunior »

jugg2 wrote:The Fenix-Store, they are Panasonic.

While you are there check out the T-1, the "low mode" is as bright as my G2! On high it is equal to a Magcharger with a little less throw, about 50 ft. less.

Wow, pretty nice. I should pick one of those up. I bought a weapon mounted light last year and it came with a free 20pk of E2 cr123A's that I'd probably never use with out something like that to use em in :D
JBE

Post by JBE »

Blackhair wrote:Duracell is pretty good, but Surefire is still cheaper.

Those kind of batteries are expensive, what can ya do? :rolleyes:
Well, I could always not buy anymore Surefire incans.... :D
Jason
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I just ordered some from Surefire. A dozen of their batteries are fairly inexpensive when compared to many other sources.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
enyong112

Post by enyong112 »

I read somewhere in CPF that SF batteries are just Panasonic ones...??? :confused:
Cool as Ice... Clear like Water...
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

enyong112 wrote:I read somewhere in CPF that SF batteries are just Panasonic ones...??? :confused:
There's more to it than that. As I recall, it was believed that there's a good possibility that Panasonic makes the cells for Surefire. But nothing definite.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I ONLY buy SF's CR123.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I'm not sure if the SF batts are from Panasonic or not. Maybe they are. What I can say is that I've had very good service from the ones I've used thus far. They seem to last longer than some of the cheapies I've used.

I ordered a Surefire E1L Outdoorsman the other day for Christmas, and asked them to add a box of batteries. The battereis added $18 to my bill (I was getting the law enforcement discount, so this is likely why they weren't the usual $21.95). Still, even $21.95 isn't too bad.

I almost exclusively use LEDs these days, so my batteries last pretty long most of the time.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

jugg2 wrote:The Fenix-Store, they are Panasonic.

I have the T1 en route :) im pretty excited, 225 lumens on high mode!!!! I cant wait to try it :p .
No sacrifice, No victory!
JBE

Post by JBE »

I've been meaning to check out those Fenix lights but I kind of wanted to wait around to see how they would hold up over the long-term and how long the company would be around (looks like they're here to stay).
Jason