Logging in - not remembering

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Simple Man

Logging in - not remembering

Post by Simple Man »

Is anyone else having problems with the "remember me" working on the Log-in? Every time I log in, click the box, and then shut the window down, when I come back, the software doesn't remember me. I have cleared my cookies and temp files, and I'm still having the problem. This is the only place also, Swamp Rat and BF among others still work.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Same!!!!! It's really dumb, makes it hard to post.
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Is your anti-bug software up to date? :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

I've had the same problem on two different notebooks in different locations for some days - an annoying siutation (makes the reading of new posts in a known thread to a memory game!) :o
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

No problems here with either the latest version of Firefox or IE7. None at work with either a somewhat older version of Firefox, or IE6 either. If you're using IE make sure you don't have it set to never accept cookies from this site. It's one of those things that sometimes gets set by accident. TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS > PRIVACY (tab) > SITES (button) > then check the list and see if spyderco.com is on it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Well, it has only been recently. It was working just fine then one day, it stopped logging in automatically. Weird.

Also, I have nothing in that list, Deacon.
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Yes, I keep all my virus/spyware/adware/other as up to date as possible and run frequently. Deacon, I looked there and even added Spyderco as a site to ALWAYS ALLOW cookies from, still did not do it, but thanks. I'm going to try another thing or two and see what happens.

Thanks all.

Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Simple Man,

You and me, we have all in common :eek: I tried to do all things The Deacon suggested (thanks!) and no site at all is listed; after this I changed my strategy to always allow all cookies from Spyderco too. Well, does not work either :o (I use IE 7)

May I ask you to be so kind to post your solution - if you will find a solution, I hope so. Thanks mate! :)

Spyderco's company motto
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Well it worked for me just now. Either Taz re-adjusted something on their end, or what I did had some affect. I'm still running XP SP2 and use a user log on for most work so no viruses and such will have access to the registry. I logged onto the Admin. account and cleared all cookies and temp files, did a disk cleanup, and ran Adaware which found nothing.

My guess is that Taz refreshed something but I dunno.

BTW, I'm still on IE6, just because it still works for me and I'm not too fond on the new IE7 layout.

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Question now would be, what do you folks who are having the problem have in common? OS, browser, AV/AS software? What would be easiest to change? Have you tried more than one browser?
Paul
Lostification

Post by Lostification »

The Deacon wrote:Question now would be, what do you folks who are having the problem have in common? OS, browser, AV/AS software? What would be easiest to change? Have you tried more than one browser?
OS? IE7. AVAS software? I have a Dell Dimenesion 8300, XP Home Edition w/Pentium 4. Thinkin bout getting Firefox, but I like IE7.
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I've got the very same thing with BF :mad:

Tried everything they suggested but no luck :(
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Lostification wrote:OS? IE7. AVAS software? I have a Dell Dimenesion 8300, XP Home Edition w/Pentium 4. Thinkin bout getting Firefox, but I like IE7.
OS is operating system - in your case XP Home Ed., IE is your web browser. AV / AS software would be Anti Virus and Anti Spyware software. Lots of different ones out there, but if everyone who was having the problem was using the same one, it might be the culprit.

Don't really think it could be anything at Spyderco's end, otherwise we'd all be having the same problem. Just after I first posted, I logged off, cleared my cookies and cache, closed IE7 and reopened it, logged back in, then closed and reopened it, came back here and I was still logged in.
Paul
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

The Deacon wrote:Question now would be, what do you folks who are having the problem have in common? OS, browser, AV/AS software? What would be easiest to change? Have you tried more than one browser?
Paul,

Even my own notebooks are different (one with XP Home, IE7, Antivir-virusscanner,... the other with XP Professional, IE7, McAfee ... only SP2 is common). The second notebook is my company notebook I use at work too and there I've the same problem since about last week. One more point - I changed nothing on both systems before.

Spyderco's company motto
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Sorry it took me a while to "get here", but no, we've not changed or refreshed anything on our end. I think Paul is on the right track, but the question remains, what do you few have in common. Since we've not changed or updated anything, it's not likely that it's on our side. I'm sorry, I wish I had more to tell you.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

Never had these problems using IE7 or Firefox. NOD 32 and Bitdefender for virusscanner neither show these problems.
araneae

Post by araneae »

No problems for me running Mozilla Firefox. Perhaps those of you using Internet Explorer should give Firefox a try. In my opinion its waaaay better than IE anyhow. Much more user friendly and customizable.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Agent Starling

+1

Post by Agent Starling »

araneae wrote:No problems for me running Mozilla Firefox. Perhaps those of you using Internet Explorer should give Firefox a try. In my opinion its waaaay better than IE anyhow. Much more user friendly and customizable.
Agreed...for Mac users there's Safari and Opera also...Safari is way better though, and Firefox rocks!

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Agent Starling wrote:Agreed...for Mac users there's Safari and Opera also...Safari is way better though, and Firefox rocks!

Agent Starling
There's also a version of Opera for Windows, although it sucks compared to IE, and REALLY sucks compared to Firefox. But, if only a few people out of all those who run IE are having this problem, then laying it on IE's doorstep is as illogical as laying it on Spyderco's.

That said, trying an alternate browser is certainly a reasonable thing to do if the one you're currently running is acting flaky when visiting one or more sites.
Paul
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I was having the same trouble logging in lately. A new thing. I put the website in the folder manually as in Deacons instructions. Note that it's the only item in the folder . That cleared it up. All the other forums are working normally including BF, and some others I've gone to for years. It's something here that changed recently IMO. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"