New Black Taco.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
squad314

New Black Taco.

Post by squad314 »

I got a new truck last week and here she is.It's an '07 Toyota Tacoma TRD Double cab.In 1990 I took out a black Toyota 4X4 and really wanted it bad.Unfortunately at the time I could'nt afford it,but always really admired them.With the lease up on my '05 Avalanche I decided to check out my local dealer.As soon as we pulled on the lot,this Black Beauty was sitting out front.I said to my wife,"that's the one I'm buying right there"....Actually now that I think about it it was more,"Oh please let me buy that truck,please please" :o

Anyhow,we wheeled and dealed a little as the '08's are on thier way and I think we did OK.Plans for it include stainless tube steps to help the kids get in and out,a stainless Bull-bar for the front and a tonneau cover before the snow flies.

We referred to the Avalanche as "The Heavy Chevy",and now it looks like this will be "The Taco". :)
Attachments
New Taco 2.jpg
New Taco 2.jpg (43.02 KiB) Viewed 805 times
New Taco 1.jpg
New Taco 1.jpg (58.37 KiB) Viewed 840 times
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
cgjones

Post by cgjones »

That is one fine looking truck. For a bull bar, you might want to check out Shrockworks or ARB. They tend to be better then the typical factory bull bars/brush guards.
Carson
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

cool truck. when i first read the heading on the thread i was like what is this gonna be about..lol. i miss buying new cars/trucks/big toys but i dont miss the payments. ;) i barely get to enjoy my convertible since having the kids...just to and from work in the summer :( . i cant wait till they are old enough to sit in the back and we can take a ride down lake shore drive at nite with the tunes blaring. ok..back to the thread...so can you fit a full 4X8 in the back? are you gonna miss that option of the avalanche? do you use it for a side job alot or do you just like pickups?
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
ront

Post by ront »

Looks like a very nice truck squad314!!

Enjoy it, Ron
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

CONGRATS on the '07 Taco!! That is a sweeeet looking truck!!

I myself have an '06 Tundra, DC, TRD off road package. I am looking to get a Gaylord's X-2000 tonneua for mine. What tonneau are looking at for your Taco.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Thanks for the comments gang,I'm really pleased with it.Those bars are pretty beefy cgjones,thanks for the links.Tony,it will accomedate a full 4x8,(tailgate down-6 ft box) and it appears that the box capacity will not be much different than the Avalanche's when it had it's midgate in place.One feature of the Av I will miss however is the hard integrated tonneau that locked.It was a real convienience to keep stuff back there locked and secure.As mentioned,I am putting a soft tri-fold tonneau on but it won't lock.My uses for a truck vary,but it's main purposes are to tow our boat(20ft bowrider,350 Merc.),and to transport my snowblower.Every storm I do my yard and then load the blower and go to my wifes Grandmothers house and then my Mother in laws.I do also have my own business.I own a bottled water distribution company,(5 gal bottles) and we do residential and commercial deliveries 4 days a week.I have a 1.5 ton cube truck that my guys use,but invariably I end up running bottles here and there now and again and to help the guys out.

Suzanne,I hoped we'd hear from you.I know you're a big Toyota truck fan and remember how much you love your Tundra.I hope it's working well and things are good with you.Nice to hear from you to Ron.Btw,Tacoma is out your way isn't it. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

Looks good, Marc.
When she be rollin' wit' 20's? ;) :D
ront

Post by ront »

Tacoma is on the other side of the mountains from Spokane. It is a ways away.

Ron
squad314

Post by squad314 »

flipe8 wrote:Looks good, Marc.
When she be rollin' wit' 20's? ;) :D
When Shari says so.(read:NEVER!) :o
deeker

Post by deeker »

Good looking truck. A buddy has a 2003 2-door Taco as a work truck and loves it. It's been reliable for him, and he's not too gentle with it. Hopefully the new ones perform as well.

He's gone the other way however, instead of 'rollin' on dubs' - he's got MT's and steel rims... :D and a TJM bumper on his.
squad314

Post by squad314 »

deeker wrote:
He's gone the other way however, instead of 'rollin' on dubs' - he's got MT's and steel rims... :D and a TJM bumper on his.

Thats kinda what I'm thinking Derek.For a long time I was jonesin' bad for a set of 20's on my Avalanche but just couldn't justify the expense(again,READ:not allowed :D ).There is a city cop that I know that has a gorgeous red AV with a set and it looks really nice.I'm more inclined to go with a more utilitarian look with the Taco instead of bling.Who am I trying to kid anyway,it's hard to be a "playa" with the Sirius tuned to the Disney channel on my way to the kids swim lessons. :)
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

LOve that hoodscoop. Let us know how the "real-world" mileage compares to the AV.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Yes, I am well, as is my Tundra!! My Tundra IS the best truck that I have ever owned.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."