Running Shoes

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Running Shoes

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Sometimes the best defense is to run....so lets talk running shoes...which are the best?....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*

Post by 224477 »

I am wearing New Balance all terrain 473 in black.

the link is here
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Dunno what's best Doc, and it's been years since I did any running. Can only say I almost always buy New Balance, since they're about the only brand that cuts their shoes wide enough for my feet and offers at least a few models in relatively "subdued" color schemes.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

I have a pair on Nike Air Rift that I almost never wear because they require special socks which I only have one pair of and I normally wear boots. They're also a touch too small. I almost want to get another pair of them in a half size larger but I know I'd still never wear them.

Great running shoes though, very good support, they weigh nothing, and the split toe gives you much better grip when shoving off while running.

Some people may think they're a bit too weird looking though.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net

Post by 224477 »

dedguy, they look good, especially for summer..
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

They come in all sorts of crazy colors, but of course I prefer black. If I was to make a movie with hightech ninjas those are the shoes I'd put them in ;)
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net

Post by 224477 »

[quote="dedguy"]They come in all sorts of crazy colors, but of course I prefer black. If I was to make a movie with hightech ninjas those are the shoes I'd put them in ]

black is definitely cool for high tech... :cool:
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Same thing as with crash helmets, whats good for me may not be good for you.
So what fits and supports you good is what you need.
Think most of the top brands are good quality.
Asics are pretty popular here among serious runners, but my Adidas's suit me allright.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
KaliGman

Running Shoes

Post by KaliGman »

I use ASICS (top choice for me) or New Balance, and have found the high end, very cushioned models last longer for me (my running form is not great and I need the most cushioning I can get).

I prefer ASICS or New Balance because I have found that, in standard sizes, they fit my feet, while I need a wide size in Nike, Adidas, and some others.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

All running shoes are not equal.

Need to know some variables 1st:

Your gait - Supinate, Pronate, Neutral.
Your arches - Flat/Low, Medium, High.

Then you can determine the type of shoe among the various brands that will work for you.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
bigkahunasix

Post by bigkahunasix »

Another vote for Asics, They really fit my feet well.

Bigk6
Been packing at least two Spyderco knives a day since 1984

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I always use New Balance Cross Training shoes. Doc a nice place to buy em in our area is
http://www.aperfectdealer.com/cgi-local ... ?E+scstore

I always get them because they dont wear out as fast as nikes and ive had shoes just tear and rip on me 9 months in and NB just replaced em. They are a great company. Plus they are great with wide sizes.
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

My wife and I are die hard Saucony folks, fans of the America or Jazz models. I've ran in Asics and had OK luck, however my wife had plantar facictis (sp?) visit her when training for a marathon and she changed to Mizuno for a short period of time (long story as to why she ran in those) which took almost 3 years to recover from before she ran with confidence again. She'll never run in anything other than Saucony now.

Our preference for Saucony comes from experience in runs and training for up to marathons or Ironman length triathlons. They don't last the most distance, but they feel great and wn't hurt you for about 600km/pair.
WTC #1455
Agent Starling

NIKE all the way!

Post by Agent Starling »

I'm a NIKE girl; all the other brands are too wide for my foot, and don't usually come in my size (10 1/2) :( .

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Heck, I run a couple miles a day barefoot. :D

Actually....

I jog about a mile and a half every other day. It's not much but it gets the cardio up and I need that after lifting weights the other days.

Adidas & New Balance are what I wear.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
squad314

Post by squad314 »

One more Asics fan here.For many years I was a Nike guy,but tried Asics a few years ago and have been very happy since.Currently I'm running in the GT-2110.What I do is get a new pair usually at Christmas,and only use them on the treadmill until outdoor running starts.Then I'll train in them as well as do events in them until the end of the season.At that time,they start seeing some casual wear until I get new ones and the former are relegated to everyday wear.

Btw,I'm a two hundred and *cough,cough* fifteenish pound clydesdale triathlete who participates in sprint distance events and fun runs.I'm not very good at it but I sure have fun. :)

P.s...My wife just read over my shoulder and told me to tell you that she only runs in Pearl Izumi.She did her first half this year and swears by them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

I'm a big fan of ASICS, they seem to do the trick for me...I haven't been comfy in any of the New Balance lately...but I did have a pair of Adidas that were the most comfortable pair of sneaks I ever wore, and that was suprising...I wore them to death...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
cheez

Post by cheez »

If you're talking about SD use for running shows, I'd say "the ones you are wearing" are best :D

That would be Chucks for me then, cause I am usally wearing them. They give you a pretty good feeling/feedback what the ground is like; I wouldnt wanna use them for parkour though - they dont offer any compensation.

As for running in a training matter - I dont care, really. I wear out a pair of shows in about 3 months, no matter what brand.

Keno
"I sold my voice to pay for my security. Now I write my sentences on its walls." - Jason Cruz
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Currently wearing a pair of New Balance Trail Shoes (forget the model). Prior to that I wore a pair of Asics Gel Kayanos. Prior to that it was a pair of Saucony Shadows, with different Saucony Jazz pairs before.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

If anybody is in a Local store and see's these model number MX1007NV in a 14 4E, Please let me know. There were discontinued and are the only real shoes that don't kill my feat.