From Hilo...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

From Hilo...

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Gotta go to sleep soon, but before I do...well, repeat the first sentence. :p

Been really busy obviously, and I apologize for any mails that I may have missed replying to. I know there was a thread here about a "keychain Subcom"? Also, something about a "Polished Biscuit"? I got sent pics of a Lava with a Damascus blade...that was killer! Hah, this thread should be a "while you were away" kind of thing, and links to threads regarding Lava, Trance, and Biscuits could be posted here! ;)

I hope everyone has been well, and I will try to make it a point to post more often. Hard though, because I know I will end up on this comp too long, and dipping into much, much needed rem time! :p

**** has not been kind...lots of drama there. Seems like admin just loves to burn staff, lotta weird change of posts, a buncha rookies just arrived...still though, lotta extended stays in **** even with them aboard. :mad:

Anyway, gotta go. Mahalo much, and God bless you all. ;)

PS: Totally OT, but I cannot for the life of me see how the Hissatsu FB is "the choice" for tactical use! Been toting around a Desert version during yardwork (Thanks zen'bro) and cripes, the thought of my hand slipping onto that long blade...eeks. :eek: It is still however, one of my favorite knives "even though". :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Aloha, Chad!

Good to see you back on the forums, even if briefly. Get some sleep, I know you need it :cool:

And what's this you say about a damascus Lava??? :eek: :eek: :eek: Sounds like I need to catch up on what's going on too!!!

God Bless, Knifebrutter,

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Good to see you around again!
DAYWALKER wrote: Been really busy obviously, and I apologize for any mails that I may have missed replying to. I know there was a thread here about a "keychain Subcom"? Also, something about a "Polished Biscuit"? I got sent pics of a Lava with a Damascus blade...that was killer!
I've seen the first two, but no sign whatsoever of a Damascus Lava! If they guy who sent you the pics doesn't mind, any chance of seeing them?
DAYWALKER wrote:Hah, this thread should be a "while you were away" kind of thing, and links to threads regarding Lava, Trance, and Biscuits could be posted here! ]

I'll try to make a point of doing it! Hmm... I'll regret this, but any teasers regarding the MPT? Wonder if they'll make their way over to England in a month (dad has a business trip).

Again, good to see you again, and God Bless.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Good to see you back Chad, take care of yourself bro :cool:
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Don't worry about the hand slipping forward on that Hissatsu FB Chad....it's not going to happen ;) ....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

Hey Chad -- good to hear from you. Here's my "polished Biscuit." Thanks for a great knife!

Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Saw your new fixed blade Boker in Messer Magazin Chad.

Viel erfolg mein freund. Image

The handle seems to fall in the palm of your hand.
Keeping it as small as possible but with a secure grip.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Chad, my brotha, so glad to know that you are at least surviving!!! My brotha, please if you're able take a much needed vacation!!!

And if anything is ever done to modify the Lave, my only suggestion/request would be a wharncliffe Lava!!!! I would have one in every pocket!!!

God bless brotha, and stay safe!!!!!

Tim :D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

DAYWALKER wrote: PS: Totally OT, but I cannot for the life of me see how the Hissatsu FB is "the choice" for tactical use! Been toting around a Desert version during yardwork (Thanks zen'bro) and cripes, the thought of my hand slipping onto that long blade...eeks. :eek: It is still however, one of my favorite knives "even though". :cool:
I hold the same fear...so how does it perform for chlorophyll deanimation? :D
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

HEY! You're still alive! :p

Glad you could still find your way here, I still remember what you said about what to do if you got famous and forgot about us ;) :p
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.

Post by 224477 »

Glad to see you `round Bro Chad :D

Hissatsu?
Reverse grip, thumb on top, show time? I see it like that.. :cool:
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Chad, glad to hear news from you. Take care.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Oh, forgot to add this:

If you don't mind Chad, would it be possible for you to put your site link in your sig? As said in the guestbook, I only found out about it through the link Potterma had in his sig, and it deserves to be seen by way more people.

God Bless.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Chad, great to hear from you! Stay safe, brother!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Th232 wrote:Oh, forgot to add this:

If you don't mind Chad, would it be possible for you to put your site link in your sig? As said in the guestbook, I only found out about it through the link Potterma had in his sig, and it deserves to be seen by way more people.

God Bless.
Good to hear from you Chad! Lookin forward to the MPT.... :cool:
Here's a link to CLB's website (i found it just the other day):
http://www.clbdesign.info/
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Glad to hear something from you Chad :cool: :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Jaybee64

Post by Jaybee64 »

Th232 wrote:
I've seen the first two, but no sign whatsoever of a Damascus Lava!
Hi Chad - good to see you here. There's a pic over on Knifeforums of the damascus Lava - just come across it.

Best,

JB
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

DAYWALKER wrote: Hah, this thread should be a "while you were away" kind of thing, and links to threads regarding Lava, Trance, and Biscuits could be posted here! ]

Here ya go, Chad.

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26773

Glad to hear you're still kickin.

P

:spyder:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

The Chad........what's up man? :)

I just love how on the show "Scrubs" Todd calls himself "The Todd" so I tried it with your name. :D

Anyway, good to see you're ok, and just busy. God Bless you and your family. I hope "****" treats you better. God is always with you and I know you know that.

Peace,
Dman
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Piet.S wrote:Saw your new fixed blade Boker in Messer Magazin Chad.
The handle seems to fall in the palm of your hand.
Keeping it as small as possible but with a secure grip.
I have the Subcom CE Folder, so true! astounding design! :D
Daywalker, good to see you around here, hope all is well!

Starling :D
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."