Defense against multiple attacks (Fists only)

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

Defense against multiple attacks (Fists only)

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Interesting video on the art of punching against multiple attackers. If your gonna use your hands this is the way to do it....Doc :D

http://trinixy.ru/2007/04/25/tureckijj_ ... 51_mb.html
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Doc,
From what I understood from that Turkish gibberish, the guy in black was a proffesional boxer (or acts like a professional). Which explains his technique. But what I liked more was the "Eye Of The Tiger" they put in the background... ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

good one doc, more fun than watching Lidell beat up on Ortiz.... :p
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."

Post by 224477 »

Very cool vid, you can see this was a skilled fighter :cool:
Thanks for sharing Doc.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Absolutely Awesome!!! I love watching skill in a defense situation against the angry and unskilled!!! LOL!!! He rocks the guy off his feet, (the one trying to kick him), and it sounds like the announcer says "Knockout"!!

Great clip, Doc!!! Keep 'em coming!

Tim :D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

I beginning to think all those movies I've seen don't depict reality.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
scout

Post by scout »

the fighter is always very focused on his incoming threats.(very aware of his surroundings)
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Excellent! Notice how he was moving? He continued to move back, forcing his attackers to come to him. And the angles he moved at were somewhat circular, so his attackers had to change direction to get at him.

He wasn't flailing; he pretty much made each shot count. I liked that video!
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

[quote="Jimd"]Excellent! Notice how he was moving? He continued to move back, forcing his attackers to come to him. And the angles he moved at were somewhat circular, so his attackers had to change direction to get at him.

He wasn't flailing]

To add to what Jim said as he is right on the money...notice the defender even though he was backing up...he was still on attack mode....he keeps his guard up to protect his throat...people think you pick up your guard to protect your head, but you can take several shots to the head...it's hard to stay in the fight if you get hit in the throat...Violence beats Violence....notice he didn't block....blocking is like asking for your turn! and no one is ever going to give you your turn...so hit hit hit as you back up and then move forward when you make contact and be the aggressor (that advice is for dealing with one attacker) he did the right thing for fighting multiples....It is important to note that blocking (for the novice) is only 33.3% effective....cause you could block and your attacker may be faster...you could block and your attacker could be a slow puncher in either case you get hit....so you really only have a one in three chance of making the block)best to step off centerline and hit (that is 100% effective)...forget about the whole blocking thing unless you have years of martial arts training and can time your blocks with the speed of your opponents punching....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Stenny

Post by Stenny »

Doc, I am definitely coming for a talk if I will ever go near. Things you summed up in the last post would have saved me a broken nose and several other things, had I known them three years ago. Simplicity and agression are keys...
...but no, no, you know it all, it's harmless little bunny...
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Stenny wrote:Doc, I am definitely coming for a talk if I will ever go near. Things you summed up in the last post would have saved me a broken nose and several other things, had I known them three years ago. Simplicity and agression are keys...
Well if you just talk about it; if and when it happens again you will just remember what you should have done after you clean up the blood...not do what you talked about. You have to actually train it, to live it under fire.

If that doesn't make sense; then consider sports or military operations, if you just talk tactics or plays in a class room and never practice maneuvers or do drills, you'll get slaughtered by the opposition come game time.
Tom v S

Post by Tom v S »

Very cool! He sure knows what he is doing. :cool:
Stenny

Post by Stenny »

Zen: I am training constantly, and striving to get better. So I like to talk to knowledgeable people - to know what worked for them, what didn't, so I can try it and practice accordingly. One half of well-rounded platform is to train realistically, second half is to train realistic things :) .
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Stenny wrote:Zen: I am training constantly, and striving to get better. So I like to talk to knowledgeable people - to know what worked for them, what didn't, so I can try it and practice accordingly. One half of well-rounded platform is to train realistically, second half is to train realistic things :) .
Cool beans... :D
Stenny

Post by Stenny »

I like them lukewarm :p