The Edge.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Halfneck

The Edge.

Post by Halfneck »

Could not fall asleep last night and found this old movie playing. While some parts stretch the imagination, I just love this movie. Guess I just like the fact that Anthony Hopkin's character survives because of his knowledge and using his knife as a Tool, not a Weapon.

Use to own the VHS, guess I need to find the DvD.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I like that movie too.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

here is Sir Anthony Hopkins with the gentleman who made the knife, he played a small part as an Alaskan State Trooper at the end of the movie...I think his name is Bryan Lyttle a Canadian custom knifemaker.
Attachments
edge2.jpg
edge2.jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
the edge.jpg
the edge.jpg (22.85 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Makeshift

Post by Makeshift »

Great movie!

Does anybody know the name of the survival book he was reading?
chinook

Post by chinook »

Definitely 'Jaws with Paws'

Great action sequences that require you to consider your own responses to those stress situations.

Can't agree with the final dénouement as Sir Anthony should have cleaned house and started a trophy bear hunting lodge with L.Q. Jones and stuffed that engraved watch up Elle's surgically enhanced tutu.

Rabbit knows
.><CHINOOK*>
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

It's one of my favourite movies., but I always wonder why they shoot movies like that and not say that's where the film is taking place. I mean, the film was shot in the Alberta Rockies, but they say the film takes place in Alaska. I suppose it's about marketing the film to a broader audience? Great film, just the same.