Kershaw annual parking lot sale 2 maro

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
oregon

Kershaw annual parking lot sale 2 maro

Post by oregon »

Just in case someone out there is uninformed and within reach of the Tualatin, OR Kershaw factory the annual parking lot sale starts tomorrow (Friday) and runs for 3 days.

This quote from Kershaw: "Every year our annual sale is the first weekend after Thanksgiving weekend, making it this year December 1st - 3rd. We will open at 9 o'clock am and it will end at 6 o'clock pm Friday and Saturday, Sunday we will open at the same time but be closing at 4 o'clock pm."

Never been myself even though it is within walking distance. Attendees have told me that I have missed out big time. Tempting. I understand that the sale actually takes place in the warehouse where space has been made.

I was at Kershaw the other day, p/u another multi-sleeved zippered knife bag, and was told by a lovely customer service rep. that they stockpile sale inventory all year. Sale items consist of blemish, slow movers, over production and regular production at a reduced, 10%-20% off msrp, price.

Let me think...20% of $300 is $60. ZT 0300 @ $240 sounds pretty sweet to me. Hmmmm...I should go. However, I wonder if they will have any ZTs in the sale. Perhaps some with fingerprints that need wiping off.

Location: 18600 SW Teton Avenue, Tualatin, Oregon 97062, 800-325-2891

All the best,

oregon
spyderwa

Oregon Show

Post by spyderwa »

I think that I will try to get there on Friday morning. 2.5-3 hour drive from our area in Washington. I know people line up early, but I don't feel like standing in the cold for hours. If this was a Spyderco event I would probably camp out. Remember on pricing that if list is $100 then cost is $50. 10-20% of is not very good unless it is off of cost not msrp.

spyderwa
oregon

Post by oregon »

spyderwa wrote: Remember on pricing that if list is $100 then cost is $50. 10-20% of is not very good unless it is off of cost not msrp.

spyderwa
The wonder and the bugaboo surrounding the current pricing of the Zero Tolerance line of knives is that they only can be bought at list period afaik.

It is probably a drunkard's dream to hope for ZTs to be on sale this weekend at Tualatin. Why would Kershaw give a Christmas present to the locals while undercutting their profit-center exclusive dealers of the ZTs. I don't know.

Whatever they have for us... I need a Two Can!!! Yes I do. Image

The weather looks like it will be dry and nippy in the morning here. Have a safe trip.

All the best,

oregon
spyderwa

Sale

Post by spyderwa »

Just got back home. Woke up at 4:30 am. Drove for 2.5 hours. Was at the sale at 7:30-8:00. Ended up going into the sale around 10:00 after waiting outside in the line for 2 hours. I did see some Zero Tolerance knive for sale, but not too many. I ended up buying some knives for one of our fellow forumites for his wife's Christmas present, Some Bamboo cutting boards, a waterstone, a Damascus folder, a Titanium/ZDP-189 Leek, a Spec-Bump, and misc. smaller knives. I mostly stayed away from the seconds as I did not think that they were that good a deal. Most were at dealer cost. They had some beautiful Shun steak knives that were awful tempting. Overall I am glad I went though it was a long day. Luckily the guy I was standing next to in line had been in Iraq so he had some interesting stories that helped pass the time.

spyderwa