Vox knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
AllenETreat

Vox knives

Post by AllenETreat »

Dear forumites -

I'm in the process of ordering a Vox knives Vox mate. A nice
little compact package, just the way I like it. I figure if some of
you haven't heard of Vox knives, it's time you do. Here's the
link -

http://www.voxknives.com.com

If you should have any fixed blades in your collection, or to carry,
then check out Jesper Voxnaes' work's of art & function.

What say the augurers?

AET :D
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I've checked out his knives he has some really nice stuff. If I ever have the money to get into customs he is one of the makers I'd like to get. I like the Beagle II. I like the Orange G-10 on the Mate.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Jesper does really nice work.
He is also one of the forum members here, one of the regular posters.
Congrats with your Voxmate, I think it's very nice and practical.
Zac

Post by Zac »

I do not know too much about them specefically, but I have heard only good things about them...their style is fantastic and they look quite useful. Much more character than your average fixed blade.
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Jesper makes a nice clean knife for sure. I have to pick one of his up someday.

Craig
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Early Vox knives:

Another nice thing about Vox's work is the time and effort he and Mrs. Vox put into their hand-crafted sheaths. His earlier Persian inspired FB came with a hand sewn sting ray skinned sheath:

I also like his Sami inspirations and mix of modern and traditional Scandinavian handle materials:

Vox has undertaken a request or two with impressive results. Below a MOP Push Dagger I had made per my request for Mrs J:

I am the grateful owner of the Vox Bowie pictured on our humble berserker's web site

The cool thing about the VB is that it won first place at a Danish Hammer-In. Vox forged an old tool steel file (you can still see some of the file pattern by the blade spine and hilt guard) and hand-worked all the materials - reindeer bone/antler, brass, leather, and everything into a balanced and hardy user. I have taken the VB camping in Sequioa, Death Valley, and King's Canyon and she has performed like a trooper. And yes, before anyone remarks on using such a knife as a camp tool, Vox made it abundantly clear that his knives are users- not display knives. It still is in primo condition and holds an edge well.

Vox and family is good folks. :cool: He makes a makes a sweet matter separator and one **** of a good friend. Guess it's time to write and ask about the possibility of hooking up with cousin Connie or the pack of hot-tubbing young Swedish cheerleaders that he shares fine single malt Scotch and Sprite with and inquire about having him build a nice necker with some of Devon Thomas' high contrast fireball damascus......... :D

The rest of ya go buy a Vox 'cuz Vox Rox!!!!!!! :D

J
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:

Post by 224477 »

VoxKnives Rule!

Great functional designs, really love many of them :cool:

Keep the good work Jesper ;)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Allen, enjoy your new knife.
Thanks Java for the reminders. Always a pleasure to see nice stuff. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

Hi Gents,
:o :o :o :o :) You´r too kind.
I haven´t posted all that much here since I started the little ol´website up. I had a wakeup call from David (drsleep) and remembered where I "came" from.
Java, Dave, AET and all you other great guys, sorry for being a little MIA for the last year :o
Java, get back in the shop and make more Javanistic blades, you got the talent, bro!! -Ohhhh, and make that DT damascus bar about 4 feet, I´ll need some to practice on ;) :p
Take care of you and yours,
Jesper