Buck/Hartsook Neck Knife

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kjunx

Buck/Hartsook Neck Knife

Post by kjunx »

Has anyone picked up one of the Buck 860BK Hartsook Neck Knives? What neck knives do you all recommend? Looking for something light, good for emergency SD but that sees daily utility use.

As always thanks for your help!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Some that I would suggest is the Microtech "Medallion"....if you want to go cheap but still worth the money...A nice Hawkbill for neck carry is the Smith and Wesson HRT...I like Timberline's Lightfoot Design called the "Mini Pit Bull" and Camillius make a beauty (bare bones) a Ralph Darrel Design called the Arclite "Cuda" but you better hurry if you want that one as Camillius is in financial hmmm.... difficulty... and may cease to exist very soon.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I picked up one of those Buck Hartsooks. It was small, and full of a blackening agent that came off as soon as it touched anything. In no time at all there was more on me than on the metal. It is hair shaving sharp, but too small to grab or hold in an emergency. There are better neck knives. This is more like a high class prison shank. The sheath sucks too BTW. Joe L.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

I've got one......like Mastiff mentioned.....the sheath could be a lot better......but for $20 this little S30v thin blade to me is a very good value for backup use.....came very sharp OOB ......provided that you stick a rubber band / of duct tape? :p the sheath for more retentiveness......I guess I was looking for a Shivworks Lil' Loco at the time (always sold out on MD tactical's website).....and came across the Hartsook.... ;)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."