Happy Birthday Java!!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

Jeeze guys......thanks :o

I've been on a four-day job bender working 12-hour shifts and haven't had time to celebrate. (F-16s are tempermental little critters). Only climbing I've been doing is up and down the crew ladders. Did get a thrill last night running a ground test and watching the ol' Lawn Dart crack burner during a high-power hush-house run after replacing a low stage bleed air regulator. In the closed in confines of the hush-house - basically a small hanger you seal the aircraft in and run till your heart's content without fear of wakin' the neighbors because of the sound suppressor system - when you hit afterburner it creates a mini windstorm as the jet pulls more air in through the building's filters and the 16 kicks out a 20 - 30 foot flame with voids for each stage of compression (aptly called compression rings). It rocks you to yer soul too! Pratt & Whitneys at full stage AB - THAT's the sound of Freedom!!!

Finally made it home at 0100 hours still too pooped to party. Las Vegas Bike Fest is this weekend so I'll take some down time and do a road trip to party with good friends and celebrate a little in Sin City. Gotta be a 7-layer coffee cake at one a dem fine high-roller eateries out dere. :D

Desert bike riding is awesome - lightly traveled roads everywhere with double and single track leading off everywhere into the creosote and Joshua. The Antelope Valley is still mostly undeveloped and the climb the forest trails in Tehachapi is just out me back door down from Willow Springs Motorsports Park.

Last knife purchased was this one from my friend and knife maker mentor Art Washburn back in April of this year:

Probably will be paring down the Spydie Collection and selling some duplicates to pay down the bills.

Thanks for all the good wishes and right back at ya's for health, wealth, and Spydies...... :D

J
When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

COngratulations Java! Nice knife!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Cool score man! :D

Sam
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

better late than never.....but happy belated birthday Java......that's one sweet looking knife........hope you get some Blue Mountain Coffee for your birthday! ;)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

Hi Buddy,
I was sitting on Crete (A new girl in the barn....or the Island, which ever get´s your rocks on! ;) ) and couldn´t get to the www on the right date :rolleyes:
Loooooooonnnnggggg time no mailing. I´m glad to hear your working your butt of, might keep you out of trouble with women and beer, however, I do hope you still find time to make a few sharpies..... :)
Take care,
Jesper FOJ, SOT
http://www.voxknives.com