botach tactical

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Vincent

botach tactical

Post by Vincent »

http://store.botachtactical.com/

I ordered a LIl temp from them, and still hve no information on it. I called them many times and always get this ladt named brenda who states they have to check with there warehouse or shipping department. Ive been told 4 times that they would get back to me and they have not. Even now sometimes when I call the phone just rings, thogh when i do a *67 they pick up, almost as if they are avoiding me.

what should I do, Im thinking of putting a block on this order throgh Chase.
severedthumbs

Post by severedthumbs »

stay away from them, very bad to do business with. look them up on blade forums.
PSU

Post by PSU »

I have heard of many horror stories about ordering through Botach. I have seen several good deals on their website but I will never purchase from them. It is like the tree in the Garden of Eden...tempting but I know that I shouldn't.

I can't believe that they will only answer the phone when you *67 the company. That is terrible. Personally, I would block the order via the CC company. But that is just me.

I have heard a few success stories via Botach but they are few and far between. I hope that you will be one of them.

Tom
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

I placed an order years ago with them and since they are about an hour away went there to pick up the items. #1 it's in a real bad area(Macarther park). #2 They weren't gonna let me in, but I had my baby girl with me. #3 The place is a disaster inside with products placed what looked to be randomly on the 8-10 foot high shelving units. #4 Even though I had called them on the phone 2 hours earlier to confirm the pickup they still couldn't find the items for like 20 minutes.
But like they say Your Mileage May Vary. :D
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I tried to order a PE Merlin from them last year. I called them to be sure it was in stock, and was told that "they had them in stock but they were going fast". I told the guy that I wanted to buy one so he took my info and CC #. A couple days later (I think) I recieved a email stating that they didn't have the PE, and would I like the SE instead. I replied that I would not want the SE from them and within 24 hours my money was refunded. They list some very good deals, but there are more reputable dealers to patronize. I'd rather pay the extra, saves on asprin.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

I have heard nothing but horror stories!
chinook

Post by chinook »

ditto... ad infinitum

good prices...good hooks...tender fishes

been years since I got hooked by these guys

I will not buy from them again no matter how low they advertise

There are better dealers who stand by their claims and you can actually talk to them.
.><CHINOOK*>
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: I'm sorry Vincent. Get out now, at least you still have your children.(darling Millie and Para ;) )
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

About a year ago, the Spydie brothers were talking about how bad this site was. For some reason I decided to test them myself and ordered three Lil Temps. Roughly a week later, I got a box from Botach delivered by the Brown Truck. I opened the box, pulled out my two knives and patted myself on the back for proving they weren't so bad. About ten seconds later I realized that what a minute, I ordered three not two. The packing slip said three but there was no way three would have fit in the box. Emailed Botach, they required I send a copy of my shipping slip, then they sent the last knife. Happy ending for the story but that mixed with all the other negative press has made me reluctant to try my luck twice.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Wow...didn't know they were so terrible...I never would have said anything... :(

I ordered my spydie karambit from them, had no problems, but had to wait about a week for the brown truck to deliver...good price, long wait...

What are some good spydie sites to order from?

Thanks,

Puyallupknifeguy