Aloha to past Spyderco, Ironstone & SFO employees

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
lokelani

Aloha to past Spyderco, Ironstone & SFO employees

Post by lokelani »

Greetings and Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii.
Been thinking about old partners in crime and wanted to send this "shout out" to you'll.
Ryan.....hope all is well with you and that you're staying sharp.
Christopher.....I know you are doing well wherever you are. Stay in touch.
Jeff....I hope your deployment to Iraq went smoothly and that you are home safe and sound.
Sam.....Keep on keeping on.
Angela and Bill.....your babies must be pretty big by now. How about a picture?
Tom and Belinda....miss you guys. Come visit.
Lori and Steve.....how'z life in Colorado?
Dan (Mr. Dugan)....how goes it? How are the babies doing (besides not being babies anymore)
And a special "hallo" to Mike Janich. When are you coming to Hawaii to give a class? I'll always remember to "stay safe."
And for all of you still in the ranks, aloha. Especially you Joyce. Coming to Quinn's anytime soon?
After a brief case of temporary insanity :eek: I am back home in Kona and am now managing a coffee roasting outlet....full barista bar. Most all Spydernutz welcome. Stop in and say hi and I'll make you up a fancy arse cup of cappacino.....100% Kona. I'm a stones throw from the old Ironstone store.
Aloha~
Lokelani
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

You do realize what you've brought on to yourself by letting me know you're in charge of roasting coffee, and 100% kona at that :D :p

I may just have some work for you in a month... need to restock my coffee reserves...

Feel like PMing a price list to me? both roasted and green beans if you could...
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
lokelani

coffee

Post by lokelani »

http://www.konabrotherscoffee.com

I knew I'd get a response from at least one avid coffee drinker :D
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

more like rabid than avid... usual day is 2 pots.

Don't see green beans on the site... otherwise I'm looking at 60usd and shipping for a first order... in a month when I get my first paycheck from the new job.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

Hi Lokelani,

Glad your back where you're happy!

Bruceter
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Patty. We miss you here, but mmm... I can feel the smell of fresh rich coffee and the salted breeze of the ocean :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Patty!!!!!

Aloha back-at-you and great hearing you're back, living in paradise!

I'll be by in September for a cuppa black on my way to Quinns for a fishy sandwich!

Take care lady - we miss you here. :D

Joyce @ Spyderco
JD Spydo

Caffiene/Ginseng connection

Post by JD Spydo »

vampyrewolf wrote:more like rabid than avid... usual day is 2 pots.

Don't see green beans on the site... otherwise I'm looking at 60usd and shipping for a first order... in a month when I get my first paycheck from the new job.
Vamp you didn't even tell them about your Ginseng habit you've recently aquired :D Put me down for 2 pounds of the straight Kona ;) Vamp if you ever end up in a hospital they had better set you up with a caffiene IV :D
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Patty:

Aloha!!! I'm very glad to hear that you're back in Hawaii and that life is good. Thanks for remembering me with the rest of the Spyderco gang. I'm honored.

Wishing you all the best that life has to offer,

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
lokelani

Aloha

Post by lokelani »

Thankx for all the greetings. I miss seeing you in the store, Bruce :) Joyce, I look forward to seeing you in September :D Vampyrewolf, only green bean in house right now is select and it's $18/lb. Peaberry is coming in and will be $25/lb. Dialex, glad to see you're still creating. Keep up the good work. Mike, again, when are you going to set up a class here on the Big Island :cool:
Ya'll stay kewl.
Aloha~
Lokelani
ceya

Post by ceya »

A blast from the past.. wow , I got stuff from you when I bought from Ironstone. Good to see ya.

S/F,
CEYA!
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

oh man why did I have to see this thread. Less money for spydies now. Good to see you are "back in the groove" lokelani.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

Hi, Patti! I hope you are well and happy! I am still sporting all 3 shirts I acquired from you, and I still love 'em all! My fave being the maroon one, as I can wear it to work without too much of a puzzled look from my coworkers or customers... :p

Good to hear from you! Stop in more regularly, eh?

Scott
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
john row

Post by john row »

yo patti!
Hello from Colorado!
John Row
Gee Mr Glesser, them sure are pretty knives!
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Hi Patti!

I don’t know how I missed the initial post, but I hope everything is well! Are you still carrying the PE Michael Walker?

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

G'day Patti,

I usually only lurk here these days but I had to reply to this thread. Wonderful to hear from you and that all is going well. Ferret posted here recently also so there's another name from the past. Must be nearly time for you to have a holiday in Oz :-).

take care,
clay
"The best boats are either small enough to carry home, or big enough to live on." Phillip C. Bolger (1927-2009)
Bruceter

Post by Bruceter »

slick228 wrote:Hi Patti!

I don’t know how I missed the initial post, but I hope everything is well! Are you still carrying the PE Michael Walker?

If you still have the Walker, does it have ANY of the finish left on it?

Bruceter
lokelani

Aloha

Post by lokelani »

Greetings~
Just dropping in to say "hey."
Missed you in September, Joyce. Did you make it over here? Lot'z has changed here over the years. But, Quinn's is still Quinn's...yea! Kona now has a Hard Rock Cafe and a Hooters. Sure is growing up around here. Only thing we don't have is a knife shop.......
Slick....Yes, I carry my PE Walker daily...use it at work. Got to say that I do miss my partially serrated model.
I hear tell that SFO moved in to the factory building. Always thought that that would be a good idea.
Again, Mahalos for the greetings and ya'll stay cool, stay safe and, of course, stay sharp :D
Aloha~
Lokelani
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Hi Patti,

Thank you for dropping by. I’m glad to hear that the Walker is serving you well. I will continue to keep my eyes out for a CE Walker. I will be in Hawaii in September. If time permits, I’ll stop by and say hi. Take care.

Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520