Chad's biscuit

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dialex

Chad's biscuit

Post by dialex »

Well, I finally got a biscuit (read SUBCOM folder, mahalo much Chad). ;) The fact that it came in an autographed box brought a greasy smile all over my face. :) I had the pleasure of sharing with the designer himself the stages where this knife was born, so I was pretty familiar with the little one.
Of course, I also was aware of the various reviews, how they were praising the qualities of the knife, how they were saying how ergonomic it is and the way it feels in the hand, how unobtrusive, nice and sheeple friendly it looks when closed and what a cutting power it has in such a small blade due to its close to perfect geometry when opened.
But when I opened the knife and actually got to hold it, I must confess I was a little surprised, because all they were saying... it's true.
First, the perfect size and shape for a knife in this category. It is so small and compact when closed, that you can safely attach it to your keychain. The bead blasted finish is looking nice and those zytel scales are looking good. The clip is nice shaped, a bit too tight for the beginning, but I guess it just needs some exercise. Besides, being so tight, it reduces the probability to accidentally lose the knife.
The knife feels OK in the hand (due to the handles shape, the deep choil and the texturing on the handles and spine) and it performs just the way you all mentioned. Indeed, it's not one of those fancy steels, but the blade itself has a generous belly and a high grind, which, combined with the thin blade, makes for a great cutter. The knife came very sharp and the blade seems well treated. In fact I was pleasantly surprised of the overall quality of the little one. I can only heartly congratulate Boker for making such a knife and for trusting in such a gifted (yet little known so far) designer. I am aware of other projects Chad conceived and I can say you'll see more of his designs in the future - and you spyder lovers, be sure you won't be dissapointed :) .
Congratulations brother and keep up the great work!
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

Yep, ya gotta love "the biscuit" there's a lot of knife in that small package!

Now for some :spyder: gravy to go with that biscuit :p

Thanks again Chad ;)
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Nice review Alex. I'm very glad biscuit was singular and not pleural. :o
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
dialex

Post by dialex »

spyderknut wrote:I'm very glad biscuit was singular and not pleural. :o
:confused:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.

Post by 224477 »

Congrats Alex! I love the lil one, since I have it, goes with me anywhere!
GREAT Job Mr. Daywalker, Sir :D
Cant wait for your spyder ideas to be made reality ! ! !
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Thanks for the review Dialex!
Biscuit is a funny word, say it over and over and it doesn't make sense any more
BISCUITBISCUITBISCUITBISCUITBISCUITBISCUITBISCUITBISCUIT.........

iT'S aBOUT tIME tO gO tO wORK nOW!.!.!... :p
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

Gawd, I hate 'spaining jokes.

OK, here goes Alex. In England biscuits are what Americans refer to as cookies. I see how you might refer to Chad's knife as a cookie, though I would not want to bite it nor have it bite me. Anyhow, in America, biscuits are small breads frequently served with meals.

We all have lots of words for our gender-specific anatomy. Occasionally, the word "biscuits" gets used as a euphamism for testicles, as in "I got hit right in the biscuits". :eek: This may be more prevalent i the South where biscuit eating is an art. ;)

So Alex, I am glad you did not start a thread regarding Chad's testicles. :D
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing." -- my grandfather
Collector #041
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="spyderknut"]Gawd, I hate 'spaining jokes.

OK, here goes Alex. In England biscuits are what Americans refer to as cookies. I see how you might refer to Chad's knife as a cookie, though I would not want to bite it nor have it bite me. Anyhow, in America, biscuits are small breads frequently served with meals.

We all have lots of words for our gender-specific anatomy. Occasionally, the word "biscuits" gets used as a euphamism for testicles, as in "I got hit right in the biscuits". :eek: This may be more prevalent i the South where biscuit eating is an art. ]

Aloha spyderknut,

Oh man...maybe this shoulda been PM'd to the great Alexandru? :p

FWIW, I too, am glad this thread was about my...er, "Biscuit". :D :D :D

Spyderknut my brother, that was gross! :) Take care and God bless :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Axlis wrote:Thanks for the review Dialex!
Biscuit is a funny word, say it over and over and it doesn't make sense any more

iT'S aBOUT tIME tO gO tO wORK nOW!.!.!... :p
Aloha Axlis!

Pretty good...I wonder how many people you actually got to try that!!!

God bless you and take care :D

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="dialex"]Well, I finally got a biscuit (read SUBCOM folder, mahalo much Chad). ]

Knifebrother Alex,

Thanks for your kind words and for being a part of the Biscuit (singular, NOT plural!!! :p ) journey. However...I think you are being FAR too kind in your comments. I appreciate it though, coming from the designer of the legendary 2005 Forum Knife! :)

I am awaiting the day to share a "C" number with you...I pray it will be soon. ;)

Mahalo much and God bless you bro! ;)

Post by 224477 »

[quote="spyderknut"]Gawd, I hate 'spaining jokes.

We all have lots of words for our gender-specific anatomy. Occasionally, the word "biscuits" gets used as a euphamism for testicles, as in "I got hit right in the biscuits". :eek: This may be more prevalent i the South where biscuit eating is an art. ]

Thanks to You, now I know what it means to be hit in the biscuits! LOL!
Thanks for making this clear spyderknut!
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
AllenETreat

johnny roscoe?

Post by AllenETreat »

rememberingoldstreet parlance & Raymond ccHANDLER'S THE BIG
SLEEP[i a "biscuit" is another name for a gun but Chad's biscuit
is getting me ro like PE more & more the ssbclaw Rocks!
AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence