Toys

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

****, I still have one of the cap guns from my youth... lots of fun to wake ppl up with.

I stepped on enough lego growing up that my feet toughened up nicely.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

1st place ... Lego... I still have them (3 BIG drawers worth of them) and my 2 years old are still playing with them

2nd place... Little cars, star wars figurine and sand... I loved to torture them...

3rd place... myself... :eek: :D

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
jbake

Post by jbake »

My Favorite?
The Red Ryder!

Definitely cap guns.

I had this crazy "Star Team" space helmet, shoes, belt, gun, etc. from a company called Ideal.

Of course the Star Wars toys.

And yup, I had Micronauts too.
Attachments
27079.jpg
27079.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
waredbear

Post by waredbear »

Dodge wrote:I can't remember the number of G.I. Joes that died at my faulty attemps of making parachutes.
My dad showed me how to make a parachute out of a hankerchief, string, and a paper clip. We would fly our box kite that we made and hook the paper clip into the center of the chute, pry the end out to form a hook, and then place it on the string. The wind would blow the army man up the string...give the string a big flip...and the guy would hop off the string and float down....into the woods...behind enemy lines...to become MIA....but it was fun... :cool:

top three:
1. BB/pellet gun (untill it was taken away after a BB gun war where my friends eye was almost taken out. yea, it does happen. He still has the BB embedded under his eye)
2. Train set. My dad built a 4'x8'x8" box with the train was set-up to run a figure 8.
3. Wrist rocket. Hours of fun plicking with it.
:spyder: -^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^-^^- :spyder:
Serrated edge...it is like the bottle of shampoo that is offering 25% more for free!

Don't forget...NEVER forget our Military members... :)

I might not be the brightest crayon in the box…
But I am a happy magic marker….(from my wife)

In His Service... :rolleyes:
deeker

Post by deeker »

I spent hours playing with:

1. Fisher Price's Adventure People - similar sizes to the small GI Joes, just less violent... apparently I missed that part. I did of course have a few GI Joe figures as well. I would actually set all of them up around my room with zip-lines, sniper locations, ambush settings...

2. Lego - couldn't go wrong with that stuff. The new stuff however? Too many specialized parts for my liking.

3. Hot Wheels cars - I remember saving my allowance for 3 weeks to buy the next new car... Kinda like what I find myself thinking of doing with the new Spyderco catalogue now out - save my allowance to buy ???
UK KEN

My toys.....

Post by UK KEN »

......were

1. Dianna 7 .177 air rifle (age 7)

2. Milbro catapult.

3. Sheffield made throwing knife set.

I was never much into traditional toys!

I also enjoyed making things from stones and wood from the beach and had a small set of wood working knives that I used until they wore away. :)

Ken
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Toy guns(including those with them caps) They don't make such nice ones anymore as back then(about 30 years back :eek: )

2. Toy knives and swords(when about 9 years old I once made a little knife out of a plastic handle of an old dishwashing brush, I got a nice edge on it using pieces of glass and sandpaper ;) :D . And my Dad was always cutting knives out of wood for me, using his old (t)rusty Herder slipjoint

3. Toy cars
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Lego, Playmobil, G.I. Joe (vs Cobra) immediately come to mind. My parents never really approved of toy guns, so I made them myself (hey if the A-Team built their own weapons, why not me?). They appreciated that. And a couple of car washings, bought all the toy guns you wanted!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Lego it was for a long time, made just anything. From the knife of Tarzan to an aircraftcarrier. Brilliant stuff, you learn to think of how to make things.

Yes Joyce, these pop guns, thanks for tickling my memory.
squad314

Post by squad314 »

This is fun,great idea Dodge.How about Shogun warriors,anyone have those?They were a Japanese styled plastic robot that stood about two feet high and shot rockets from thier hands.Also the Evel Knievel collection was a lot of fun.Oh and the Bionic man with his roll-up skin to expose his bionics,and his look through head(bionic eye).One year they came out with his rocket ship,and its what I really wanted.When I peeled downstairs that Christmas morning,there was a tube-shaped package under the tree.I used control that I didnt know a 6 year old had to leave it for last,to savour it as the climax of gift opening.Finally with all other packages opened it was time....................A crazy carpet?..It was a crazy carpet...My hopes and dreams dashed by a rolled up crazy carpet...I resent them to this day.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Guns (surprisingly, the ones I loved most were some ugly wooden ones I made myself - found one forgotten in the attic a couple years ago) :o
Tiny plastic soldiers (cowboys, cartoon figures)
Cars, naturally.

As far as the video games go, I was over 25 when I discovered computer games :eek: The world has never been the same, I'd still play a RTS or a FPS if I had the time... :(
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Woody

Post by Woody »

BB guns, that is till I hit 10 when I got my first 22 ( We lived in the country and got away with it..)
Match box cars..
Blackcats and Mud... :D Mom hated the mud.... :eek:
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Legos

Action figures. I actually had some pretty obscure ones, like Visionaries, and Supernaturals. Along with GI Joe, one of my favorite lines was the Centurions. It was like they combined GI Joe and Legos

Toy guns. I had a cap gun that was a spitting image of a Colt Python. If not for the orange cap in the barrel, you couldn't tell the difference. I also had an electric water gun that was the exact size and shape as a Mac-11 machine pistol. Funny how they don't make those anymore..
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha!

Neat thread...let's see:

Lincoln Logs

Lego (Memories are clear when stepped on!)

Plastic Samurai Swords w/ Shuriken

God bless :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

DAYWALKER wrote:Plastic Samurai Swords w/ Shuriken
Why does this not surprise me ;)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

[quote="spydutch"]Toy guns(including those with them caps) They don't make such nice ones anymore as back then(about 30 years back :eek: )

2. Toy knives and swords(when about 9 years old I once made a little knife out of a plastic handle of an old dishwashing brush, I got a nice edge on it using pieces of glass and sandpaper ] No doubt, I used to have an fairly authentic looking German Lugar replica cap gun...now a cap gun has to have a hunter's orange tip to prove it isn't real...sniff...it just isn't right. :(
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="smcfalls13"]Why does this not surprise me ]

Aloha Scott!

LOL!!! Hey, and them shuriken were "the good ones"...hard plastic w/o a safety ring around 'em! Swords OTOH, bent very easily... :(

God bless :cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

zenheretic wrote:No doubt, I used to have an fairly authentic looking German Lugar replica cap gun...now a cap gun has to have a hunter's orange tip to prove it isn't real...sniff...it just isn't right. :(
Aloha zenheretic,

Man, all my airsoft guns HAD the orange tip. Dunno why pellet or BB guns don't have 'em?

Either way I think it's lame. So if I paint an orange tip on my G17, they'd assume it was fake? Doubtful...a kid in Honolulu almost got shot playing with an AR15 spring single shot airsoft gun last year! :eek:

God bless :cool:

jbake

Post by jbake »

zenheretic wrote:fairly authentic looking German Lugar replica cap gun...
Me too Zen. I REALLY wish I knew where that thing went. It was great. The toggle actually opened and that's where you put the cap roll.

dialex wrote: I'd still play a RTS or a FPS if I had the time...
I don't have the time either. But I picked up a copy of Battlefield 2 and now I find myself sneaking off after the kids are in bed to play. That game is HIGHLY addictive. Don't think my wife is very happy :D
CopilotATS-55

Post by CopilotATS-55 »

Delta Force 2 and Blackhawk down are my fav pc games

my dad has a gold plated mini luger and colt peacemaker cap guns i once saw him admiring them after unpacking :D
Kyle Decker wasn't here !!! :D :eek:

"Avatar by Dialex
REMEMBER
SFC SHUGART & MSG GORDON

Im still here, just busy being a Senior!!! :D
PNXC

PN
Wrestling

Never Forget 9/11

VMI
10'+3