Missing persons.....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Axlis

Missing persons.....

Post by Axlis »

I was looking through some old threads and was wondering....do some people just disappear or what? :confused: I've seen some threads from two years ago that contain posts by missing members, some who've posted close to or over 1,000. Do these people just change names, give up the :spyder: ghost, or what?
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Axlis wrote:I was looking through some old threads and was wondering....do some people just disappear or what? :confused: I've seen some threads from two years ago that contain posts by missing members, some who've posted close to or over 1,000. Do these people just change names, give up the :spyder: ghost, or what?
see if these people are active on BFC, many are and just dont come here anymore.
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

After selling their wife and children to buy more :spyder: knives they were taken away for a neurosurgical operation in which the bug was removed. Nowadays they collect stamps.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Axlis,

WhooooopS! My bad...I thought this was about the group "Missing Persons" :rolleyes:

Yes, both Vincent and Mr. Breuker are correct! :p

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)

Post by 224477 »

Gerard - LMAO! I could imagine a better explanation LOL!
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Howdy, still here from time to time! :)
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.
fret

Post by fret »

I am here everyday. I read as much as I can. I don't post much tho. The folks here are my friends. I like knives too. I have many :spyder: co knives. And some other brands also. I carry my Cricket all the time. Nope, I am not lost, just a reader I guess. :)
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Interesting question.. I changed my username for "Samo" to "Samosaurus" cos I was here since this forum was founded.. Well some folks have moved on, while a few stayed on and watches over Spyderland and a few remained here till this very day.. :D :cool: :D

Sam
Zrexxer

Post by Zrexxer »

Take a look at the current dozen or so posts ranting about Muslim racism and you'll see why a lot of us just gave up.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Zrexxer...so true
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
ceya

Post by ceya »

i was lost but DayWalker found me.why???

thanks DW!

S/F,
CEYA!
CEYA kniFE DesignZ
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

Because he loves ya! :D :spyder: :D Welcome back Ceya! :D

Sam
java
Location: Rosamond - Tropical Paradise without the tropics.....(or the paradise)

Post by java »

I'm always lost but I lurk here for a base camp/touchstone/home port kind of thing....

Samo!!! :cool:

G'Day my Malaysian brother. See ya in the E later... ;)

When I said that mercy stood
Within the border of the wood
I meant the lenient beast with claws
And bloody swift dispatching jaws.

Death Before Decaf!
!
:spyder:
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

Gerard Breuker wrote:After selling their wife and children to buy more :spyder: knives they were taken away for a neurosurgical operation in which the bug was removed. Nowadays they collect stamps.

ROFLAO!!! OMG, that was tooooo funny!! Yeah, that's it, that's is excatly what happened to them!
Hannibal Lecter

Lol!

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

Gerard Breuker wrote:After selling their wife and children to buy more :spyder: knives they were taken away for a neurosurgical operation in which the bug was removed. Nowadays they collect stamps.
Beware: I have never known of this surgery to be permanently successful...
:D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

java wrote:I'm always lost but I lurk here for a base camp/touchstone/home port kind of thing....

Samo!!! :cool:

G'Day my Malaysian brother. See ya in the E later... ]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... ireCup.gif[/IMG]
Howdy J!!! ;) :spyder: ;) Great to hear from you man! :D

Sam
voxnaes

Post by voxnaes »

Zrexxer wrote:Take a look at the current dozen or so posts ranting about Muslim racism and you'll see why a lot of us just gave up.
You hit the head on the nail!! I used to be here twice a day but something happened to this place and now I only come here once or twice a month.
This place used to be fun and full of great guys and gals but it seems those days are over.
Vox.
Zwaplat

Post by Zwaplat »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:Beware: I have never known of this surgery to be permanently successful...
:D

--------
Hannibal
The bug crawls back in right away!
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

voxnaes wrote:You hit the head on the nail!! I used to be here twice a day but something happened to this place and now I only come here once or twice a month.
This place used to be fun and full of great guys and gals but it seems those days are over.
Vox.
I feel one of the reason it changed so much is that when the forum started having " Growing Pains", a lot of the old gaurd just left. Instead of setting a standard and working with newer members, they just logged off and said well no more of that. LUCKILY some older members have stuck it out and it is more balanced now than in some previous periods. Unfortunately we did have a personal attack on one of members recently, but it looks to be a former TROLL with a vendetta. I THINK THE BEST DAYS FOR THIS FORUM ARE YET TO COME!!! :D
UK KEN

Hello Sir!

Post by UK KEN »

voxnaes wrote:You hit the head on the nail!! I used to be here twice a day but something happened to this place and now I only come here once or twice a month.
Vox.
Good to hear from you DD! ;)

Stick with it mate it would be a shame to lose any more of the "older" members. :)

Cheers, Ken