Memorial Seminar for Officer Chris Grosz, 6 Nov 2005 in Denver

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Michael Janich

Memorial Seminar for Officer Chris Grosz, 6 Nov 2005 in Denver

Post by Michael Janich »

To All:

Michael Janich will conduct a one-day seminar in Counter-Blade Concepts, Damithurt Silat, and Sobadiwan Eskrima on 6 November 2005 at the Denver Police Protective Association Event Center, 2105 Decatur Street, Denver, CO 80211.

This seminar is being conducted in memory of Officer Christopher Grosz, a law enforcement officer, defensive tactics instructor, knife collector, MBC alumnus, and good friend who passed away on 13 October. All proceeds from this seminar will be donated to the memorial fund that has been established to help Chris' wife, his daughter, and his unborn second child. The base price for this 8-hour seminar is $50.00, but additional contributions to the memorial fund are welcome and greatly appreciated.

This seminar will explore a variety of topics, focusing on Michael Janich's Counter-Blade Concepts system of empty-hand defenses against edged-weapon attacks, weapon disarms, Filipino stick fighting, and the empty-hand techniques of Damithurt Silat. The hours of the seminar are from 9:00AM-5:00PM. Registration will start at approximately 8:15AM. All payments should be in cash or by check.

If you cannot attend the seminar, but would like to contribute to the memorial fund, please contact any Wells Fargo bank regarding the "Christopher Grosz Memorial Fund."

Thank you for your efforts to help to honor a truly good man who left us far too soon.

Stay safe,
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
travis quaas

I'm there!

Post by travis quaas »

Mr. Janich,

This is a wonderful thing for you to do. I look forward to seeing you and all the other guys.

I have invited several of my friends to join along in the fun and memory of your friend.

Hope all is well and see you soon!
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Travis:

Thank you very much for your support. I look forward to seeing you there.

Stay safe,
Michael Janich
fifthprofession47

Post by fifthprofession47 »

It just so happens that I have a week off from work! So, I am trying to work out logistics. It would be great to see everyone. Mike, I left a message for Thane to see if he can make the trip too. Wish us luck.
"One is none and two is one"

Martial Blade Concepts - Certified Instructor

http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/
The Other Brother

Post by The Other Brother »

Mike,

Unfortunately I'm not able to get my Sunday schedule changed. I was very saddened to hear of Chris' passing. I hope the response to your class is so good that you have to add additional days! Please pass on my condolenses to his family. I truly hope that all of our contributions to the Chris Grosz Memorial Fund will provide an excellent education for his kids and honor our friend as well.

Thane
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Thane and Chris:

Thanks for your posts and your kind words. The response to the event has so far been excellent. I'm anticipating a good crowd and a great day of training. Like you, a number of other MBC alumni have been in touch to provide support and make contributions to Chris' memorial fund, even if they can't attend the seminar. And, as always, whether you're there in body or not, you'll be with us in spirit.

Stay safe,
Michael Janich
Michael Cook

train hard and stay safe!

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Even though this is a sad occasion, this will be very good training for anyone fortunate enough to attend! :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Terry Trahan

Post by Terry Trahan »

It was a great seminar, and I must say, Mr.Janich, and his students were
some very nice people, and the training was top notch.
Thanks, Terry

There are no Tactical Knives, just Tactical Minds.
( Fred Perrin)
fifthprofession47

Great time and a good cause!

Post by fifthprofession47 »

Mike,

The seminar was well worth the 7 hour drive from Omaha. I had a great time! The training helped solidify the skills sets from camp and reinforced my understanding of MBC/CBC. Thanks again for your hospitality, I look forward to returning to Colorado in the future. Also, thanks to Matt Z. and Mike R. too, good seeing you guys again! I enjoyed hanging out with all of you over dinner.
"One is none and two is one"

Martial Blade Concepts - Certified Instructor

http://www.martialbladeconcepts.com/