Well, what's up Samo?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
samosaurus

Post by samosaurus »

At least the frog picture is fun and not quite as depressing as the logs. Keep up the good work and try and squeeze in more pictures for us while on your quests!
*heh-heh!* Its always been a pleasure to entertain you AWESOME :spyder: folks! Anyways, just an update - Samo and Mrs Samo will be headed off to the jungle this weekend Sept 2-5 to deliver some plant seedlings to the indigenous folks and will be back to post some shots of our trip.. :D

Happiness - is being appreciated with some fine sharp things.. :cool: :spyder: :cool:

Sam
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

A great big tree about to become lumber versus a great big frog about to become dinner. I'm not sure there's much difference :confused:

;) ;) ;) :D

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Samo, thanks for the nice story and pics. Looks like you don't have time to get bored out there ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
JD Spydo

Re: Well, what's up Samo?

Post by JD Spydo »

leeuaena wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:12 pm
You deserve my salute Sam!
Now there is another great "old school" Spyderville citizen I haven't heard from in some time. I used to love to read all the great posts that "Samosaurus" used to put. He is another great old member of the Forum that just seemed to fade away and I've wondered at times what might have happened to "Samo".
We had a lot of great members from overseas that you just don't hear from anymore and it's high time for most of them to come back ;)

Samo always had a lot of hard use scenarios that he would share with us that I found quite interesting and educational. I do hope this thread finds it's way to him and I do hope he returns at some point. A big HELLO!! to Samo and many others who were here on the Spyderco.com Forum back between 2004-2009.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

It's a spam post JD
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:40 am
It's a spam post JD
Really!!?? Well even if it is I still would like to hear from "Samosaurus" again at some point. He was a most interesting contributor.

Wow if that is the case then some people have way too much wasted time on their hands :confused:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

leeuaena the user you posted has a spam link in their signature. I wasn't referring to Samosaurus
Spydergirl88
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

The current Samosaurus chronicles:

http://samosauruschronicles.blogspot.com/

Spydergirl, do you think Samosaurus would love the upcoming Caly 3.5 Light Weight folder? Seems like it would be great for those outdoor uses.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48 am
leeuaena the user you posted has a spam link in their signature. I wasn't referring to Samosaurus
I'm not at all doubting what you said and pointed out>> and I appreciate you calling my attention to it. But the point I'm making is that anyone who goes on any forum such as the one we belong to simply to create problems is truly a sick, depraved individual. Trolls of any variety are truly disgusting and I'm glad that Spyderco is making it more difficult for them to invade our area of endeavor.

I wish you would have been here at Spyderville when we had Samosaurus as well as about 20 others I could mention during that era. I see that Samo hasn't been here since 2011. I hope he's doing all right and I do hope he returns. And thank you again for pointing all of that out. :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I agree JD
Spydergirl88
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

JD: Can the Spyderco Caribbean be used to cut open and prepare coconuts or is it not tough enough for that application?
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Samo, it is such a long time ago that we met at the Spyderco Forum. I turned old over the years. still, Spyderco is one of my favorite subjects and the knives are still the best Iknow. How are you doing and are you healthy and OK?
Hope to hear from you when ever you free like it.
Jurphaas van rietschoten, The Netherlands.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

This thread caught my eye because Samo was one of the first members to welcome me to the Forum. He’s a really nice guy. I really do miss his posts and hope he is doing well. Would be awesome to hear from him.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal