Fanny packs & other carry all pouches

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
James Y

Re: Fanny packs & other carry all pouches

Post by James Y »

I used to wear a fanny pack for many years. I stopped doing so around 10 years ago, because I started wearing cargo pants, and partially because I started becoming self-conscious about fanny packs.

I would still wear one if hiking, but I haven't done that in quite some time.

Jim
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 pm
Wow a gold colored back pack lol :)

Bloke what movie is that from?
Hey SEF, that's JD from years back when we backpacked through Europe together. Joe was a bit of a player back then and chatted up local girls everywhere we went. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 pm
That's really cool man.
I'm a fan of Ryan Zinke, representative from Montana. He was Trumps SOI for a while but resigned.
Yeah I imagine "The Donald" is going to get right back in there again. Of course he doesn't need a fanny pack because he's got all kinds of aids to carry his stuff for him :D >> Not aware of this guy you're speaking of. But I don't really follow the inner workings of the administration that much anymore.

But Jesse & McKinney would make a cool Pres & Vice team especially the way they threw her under the bus. IF I were going to live in the Rockies then Montana would be where I would love to live. Either there or Idaho. I'll have to check out this guy you speak of.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

James Y wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 pm
I used to wear a fanny pack for many years. I stopped doing so around 10 years ago, because I started wearing cargo pants, and partially because I started becoming self-conscious about fanny packs.

Jim
Now I wear cargo shorts in the summer time and I utilize all of the pockets. And sometimes I carry up to 3 Spyders with me>> I wish Carhartt would make jeans with cargo pockets. But they do have those handy side pockets which are at least handy for one of my Surefire flashlights or a small fixed blade knife. But it is interesting that there are clothes made for function. I have two pairs of cargo pants that an ex girlfriend recently gave me and they are nice>> I guess I'll start wearing them in Oct or Nov when cold weather hits again.
There is a European clothing company known as "BLAKLADDER" and I have a couple pieces of their clothing and I do plan on getting more. The one winter vest of theirs I have has a lot of useful pockets and it is a lot better and warmer than even a Carhartt vest>> I never thought I would hear myself say that but they are a great clothing company. We have 2 dealers that handle their stuff here in KC.
z4vdBt

Post by z4vdBt »

when a backpack is too much, i've been using drawstring bags. check out etsy seller silverbreezebag. they're made in hong kong as don't take foreever. i've ordered a custom solid color ( off-white ) and just made a few more solid color orders for gifts.
James Y

Post by James Y »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:38 am
James Y wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Jim
Now I wear cargo shorts in the summer time and I utilize all of the pockets. And sometimes I carry up to 3 Spyders with me>> I wish Carhartt would make jeans with cargo pockets. But they do have those handy side pockets which are at least handy for one of my Surefire flashlights or a small fixed blade knife. But it is interesting that there are clothes made for function. I have two pairs of cargo pants that an ex girlfriend recently gave me and they are nice>> I guess I'll start wearing them in Oct or Nov when cold weather hits again.
There is a European clothing company known as "BLAKLADDER" and I have a couple pieces of their clothing and I do plan on getting more. The one winter vest of theirs I have has a lot of useful pockets and it is a lot better and warmer than even a Carhartt vest>> I never thought I would hear myself say that but they are a great clothing company. We have 2 dealers that handle their stuff here in KC.
I've never heard of BLAKLADDER before. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm not sure if there are any dealers that carry it around here, but it's good to know of another brand. I have heard of Duluth Trading Company, but AFAIK their products are only sold online. I don't want to order pants online; I want to try them on myself, without the hassle of having to send them back if they aren't comfortable or don't fit. But some of their stuff looks good.

Jim
W7H2O

Post by W7H2O »

I stopped wearing blue jeans years ago. I like them cargo shorts/pants. Duluthflex marble savers with all those pockets is where its at, but I wait till they have a good sale.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Bloke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:46 pm
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 pm
Wow a gold colored back pack lol :)

Bloke what movie is that from?
Hey SEF, that's JD from years back when we backpacked through Europe together. Joe was a bit of a player back then and chatted up local girls everywhere we went. :cool:
BLOKE I really want to see some pics of you and your cousin "Angus Young" before he became the lead guitar player for your favorite group ACDC :eek:
I heard that you and Angus used to hit the pubs on a regular basis>> not to mention all the trouble you guys got into at an early age :rolleyes:

Heck BLOKE I know you would have been a better lead singer than Bon Scott :D It's a shame that you and cousin Angus went your separate ways :D

As far as my track record with younger ladies back in my old days it was either really good or really, really bad :o There was never any thing in between :rolleyes: .. And NO!! fanny packs never were an item of discussion :p