Fanny packs & other carry all pouches

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Ted wrote:JD Spydo, I have an BailOutBag from CountyComm coming my way.
Let me know what you think of it and how everything fits once it arrives. Mine came packed rather flat and anemic looking, but it plumps up and fills out nicely as I continue to feed it.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
BBRex

Post by BBRex »

JD Spydo

Nice hit!!

Post by JD Spydo »

BBRex wrote:Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.ph ... 24c42615ef
Now that is something that I didn't even expect to touch on was one of these pocket devices. I am pleasantly surprised with what I see. I will definitely check them out this evening. Say BBREX if you could PM me as to the details and where you can get this stuff I will be appreciative. I will see if Victorinox has anything comparable to this. :) :spyder:
rastus

Post by rastus »

I'm on my third Nite Ize Pockits in about 4 years. It carries my gerber multi-tool, mag light (lately I've been carrying a screw/nutdriver and in the lower pocket-a set of bits including torx instead of the maglight), adjusting screwdriver (sprinkler nozzles), drip punch, and in the back, a sharpie permanent marker, special adjusting tool for Hunter rotors, and a spare key for my house, another drip punch. I am really hard on stuff. These things should hold up really well for most people.
---Tom
JD Spydo

What vendors

Post by JD Spydo »

Rastus where did you get yours at? Also it would be nice if we all would make a list of vendors that handle these items. I have heard that Brigade Quartermasters is a nice source for backpack type items. Anyone else with any ideas maybe? ;) :spyder:
rastus

Post by rastus »

JD, believe it or not... Wallyworld! About $13.00, Lowes about $18.00. I've seen em online, but shipping usually boosts the price above even Lowes.
---Tom
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

inspired by patrick, i decided to convert my unused laptop back into a gear bag for zambia. here's what's in it right now... i'm sure i'll be adding more later... still plenty of room... :D

four mid-sized glow sticks
sportsman's goop
field stone
emergency space blanket
5 oz. flask
compass
2 oz. eucalyptus oil
2 oz. tea tree oil
condoms
pencils
pens
small notebook
larger notebook
ziplock bags
spyderco manix CE
spyderco native PE
10x binoculars
solar power battery charger (4x at a time)
rechargeable AA batteries (8)
inova 24/7
mini-mag
surefire C2
lithium batteries (6)
allergy medicine
spare pair of glasses
spare flashlight lamps
bandanas
paracord
clothesline
herman melville's "moby dick" (reading material for long waits)
b-elliott

Post by b-elliott »

Sorry for reviving an old topic, but I guess I missed this one. Here is what I use and it works well. If your wereing cargo pants it slips right into the pocket or for work it goes into the laptop computer bag. Similar to the nite ize, but I like the zipper better.

Special Ops Pocket Organizer

Pocket Organizer

Be sure to check out ALL the stuff here:
Tad Gear organizers

Enjoy,
-------------------------------------------------------

Brent Elliott :spyder:
idj

Post by idj »

When I'm out in nature I just carry a simple day pack that has lots of pockets and probably retails now for about 12 bucks. For daily use I carry a leather 'postman's satchel'. One big pocket, with a zippered area on the back for papers and some smally pen and ID pouches inside. It can be tough finding things in it quickly, but really important things are in my pants pockets anyway.

I think the main reason fanny packs scream 'gun!' these days is that they're misnamed. They should be called 'groin packs' or 'crotch packs' because most people carry them that way, and certainly anyone with a handgun does.

Fanny pack sounds a bit better though. :cool:
Regards,
idj
(official forum loud-mouthed schnook!)
"If you cut us, do we not bleed?" - Mr. Croup
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Forget the fanny packs, shoulder bags, nap sacks, tote bags, and purses.....Do what I do......Just get a shopping cart from the local grocery and pile all your crap in there and then walk around the city...it also happens to be a good way to keep undesireables away from you....Doc :p
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
W7H2O

Re: Fanny packs & other carry all pouches

Post by W7H2O »

LOL A blast from the past.
You know this thread is 14 years old?

I think there is a fanny pack resurgence. I had a leather one that carried a M1911 pistol, early 90's Central America while in civilian clothes. I guess if Dwayne Johnson could sport one, it's ok.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

W7H2O wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:12 pm

I think there is a fanny pack resurgence. I had a leather one that carried a M1911 pistol, early 90's Central America while in civilian clothes. I guess if Dwayne Johnson could sport one, it's ok.
I still have all of those VICTORINOX fanny packs and other gear I had when I started this thread back in 2005. I still like all the fanny packs, back packs and utility packs put out by Victorinox. I've got to check out a couple of items from Maxpedition lately but I still think their prices are kind of lofty for what they offer.
I would love to see what VICTORINOX has new in their line up of fanny packs, backpacks or any other utility type gear they make.
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

W7H2O wrote:

Hulk Hogan wears a fanny pack... that means we can too.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 am
W7H2O wrote:

Funny you mention Hulk Hogan using fanny packs because about a month ago I saw a video with Jesse Ventura in it and he was talking about how handy fanny packs are and what all you can use them for. And Jesse Ventura believe it or not was a Navy Seal back in his late 20s I think it was. So he would have a lot of good input on survival type gear I assume.
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 pm
Sober_Survival wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 am
W7H2O wrote:

Funny you mention Hulk Hogan using fanny packs because about a month ago I saw a video with Jesse Ventura in it and he was talking about how handy fanny packs are and what all you can use them for. And Jesse Ventura believe it or not was a Navy Seal back in his late 20s I think it was. So he would have a lot of good input on survival type gear I assume.
You are correct. Ventura was a UDT guy, graduated BUDS class 58 in 1970. He served from 69-75, but never saw combat.
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15.13
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

However, he has been disowned by most of the SEAL community because of his attacks on Chris Kyles wisdom, and the lawsuits he carried out.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sober_Survival wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:24 pm
However, he has been disowned by most of the SEAL community because of his attacks on Chris Kyles wisdom, and the lawsuits he carried out.
Yeah it's darn interesting when you learn the entire resume on many of these pro-wrestlers :rolleyes: >> The one wrestler who went by King Harley Race came from here in my area ( Kansas City, MO where he got his start). I got to meet him once and he was virtually the same as he was on TV with Vince McMahon and company :rolleyes: He was really raspy but somewhat funny too.

Another interesting thing I heard just recently about Jesse Ventura was that him and Cynthia McKinney were thinking seriously about a run for the White House in the upcoming 2020 Presidential Election. But I'm doubtful if he has the resources to get on all the ballots on all 50 states. It was such an uphill battle for the late Ross Perot and even with all of his Billions at his disposal and he got nowhere :( >> But the fact that Jesse did win that Governor's race up in Minnesota still blows my mind. Because I had been convinced for a long time that all of these elections are rigged like pro-wrestling matches ( twisted irony I suppose :rolleyes: ) But he won that election and I'm still blown away by it.

I'm sorry to hear that him and his brethren in the Navy are bitter with each other>> that is truly sad for many reasons. :(

Hmm??? I wonder if Ross Perot ever used fanny packs in his endeavors :D Well at least we're on topic anyway :rolleyes:
Sober_Survival

Post by Sober_Survival »

That's really cool man.
I'm a fan of Ryan Zinke, representative from Montana. He was Trumps SOI for a while but resigned.
Bloke

Re: Over the shoulder

Post by Bloke »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:23 am
not like a conventional "back pack" at all and is more inconspicuous.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Wow a gold colored back pack lol :)

Bloke what movie is that from?