lots of fun on the forums lately!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
clovisc

lots of fun on the forums lately!

Post by clovisc »

i must say... quite a few threads have been particularly fun and upbeat and hilarious lately... jokes, contests, hilarious and engaging and creative content... and nothing but positive attitudes. i've found myself having an especially good time enjoying it.

in the past, there have been threads complaining about how the forums are "getting worse" or "are no fun" or are beseiged by "trolling"... so here's a thread expressing just the opposite!

thanks, everyone, for being so civil, and making this place so enjoyable lately.

-jason
ken

Post by ken »

clovisc wrote:i must say... quite a few threads have been particularly fun and upbeat and hilarious lately... jokes, contests, hilarious and engaging and creative content... and nothing but positive attitudes. i've found myself having an especially good time enjoying it.

in the past, there have been threads complaining about how the forums are "getting worse" or "are no fun" or are beseiged by "trolling"... so here's a thread expressing just the opposite!

thanks, everyone, for being so civil, and making this place so enjoyable lately.

-jason

Nice of you to say so. Because it seem always to easy to complain about things. We only get out what we put into it.

ken
ken
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I see it as the "Only way to get improvement is to complain"
ken

Post by ken »

Vincent wrote:I see it as the "Only way to get improvement is to complain"

Vincent-

It doesn't always work! Look at how many complained about YOU!

ken
ken
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

But ya get more Bee's with Honey than you do with Vinegar...Vinny it's OK to complain...we expect it from you...Like Clovisc says this place is really fun and enjoyable... I'm having a blast...Thanks to All who make this a great forum... :D ;) ...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

I'm liking how this place seems to be getting back to it's old self.

I agree clovisc. ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

ken wrote:Nice of you to say so. Because it seem always to easy to complain about things. We only get out what we put into it.

ken
Exactly ken from Oz...exactly! How ya been BTW?

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
ken

Post by ken »

DAYWALKER wrote:Exactly ken from Oz...exactly! How ya been BTW?

Hello DAYWALKER-

I got your PM a few weeks back and tried to PM ya back but I screwed up on my end. The kids were yelling at me to use the computer and I haven't used the function much so I wasn't ignoring you. And right after that I was at a county fair for nine days with the kids and there 4-H projects and will be gone Tuesday for two weeks camping with the family. I'll try the PM thing again when I get back.

Shout at ya later,
ken
ken
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

ken wrote:Hello DAYWALKER-

I got your PM a few weeks back and tried to PM ya back but I screwed up on my end. The kids were yelling at me to use the computer and I haven't used the function much so I wasn't ignoring you. And right after that I was at a county fair for nine days with the kids and there 4-H projects and will be gone Tuesday for two weeks camping with the family. I'll try the PM thing again when I get back.

Shout at ya later,
ken
Alrighty! Will be looking forward to hear from you...we're sticking to this thread, right? I mean , it's all about having a good time and stuff :o
Take care and God be with you and yours always...
:cool:

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

ken wrote:Vincent-

ken
Not to shoot you down Ken...but he did improve didn't he? lol :D
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

ken wrote:Vincent-

ken

and you got Improvement,
ken

Post by ken »

*Cho* wrote:Not to shoot you down Ken...but he did improve didn't he? lol :D
*Cho*-

Why yes he did! But than again I never really had a problem with him. In fact when "others" accused him of being vinny or vinny 77 he just out right told them yes and that he goes by Vincent! Even changed his name to Troll.
He says things that are really very truthful and funny! If you don't believe who he say's he is he will give you his address! He's got spunk!

ken
ken
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

ken wrote:*Cho*-

Why yes he did! But than again I never really had a problem with him. In fact when "others" accused him of being vinny or vinny 77 he just out right told them yes and that he goes by Vincent! Even changed his name to Troll.
He says things that are really very truthful and funny! If you don't believe who he say's he is he will give you his address! He's got spunk!

ken
I never had any problems with him either, but I know some here do and that is to bad because they keep trying to bait him. Personally the way I feel about it is this: For those that are trying to Bait him, you are no better then the way you think he is and for stooping to that level and trying to drag him back down you are probably worse.

And yes thankfully it has been very pleasant around here, reminds of the way the forum was before the change, back when we had the MBC forum here too. For the last little bit it has felt like the W&C at BFC and that I don't like.
JD Spydo

Constant intensity

Post by JD Spydo »

The Forum has been nothing but a hoot and a blast since I joined about 10 months ago. I have met some really quality people and made some super friends. GOD Bless Daywalker, Doctor Lecter, Clovisc, Deacon, Worker #9, Michael Cook ( founder of the "JDSPYDOHAWK"), Spyderknut, J Smith, Ms. Simona and the list could go on for a while. It has been nothing short of a rip-roaring good time. I have never met a finer bunch of folks. Plus the professional input from Joe Talmadge, Ed Schempp, Michael Janich and the General Himself Sal Glesser. Education, recreation, and friends beyond compare are the hallmarks of this GREAT FORUM. LONG LIVE THE GREAT SPYDER FACTORY!!!!! ;) :spyder:
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="JD Spydo"]...Education, recreation, and friends beyond compare are the hallmarks of this GREAT FORUM. LONG LIVE THE GREAT SPYDER FACTORY!!!!! ]

Amen Joe...Amen! :D :cool:

Simon G

Post by Simon G »

It's great to come here and not feel so strange!! ;)
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

This is a great thread! Thanks to all of you for hanging in there and continuing to contribute. The members are what makes this forum what it is and we're happy to know you all enjoy it!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.