Will the real Slim Shady please stand up......please stand up...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Fisher of Men

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up......please stand up...

Post by Fisher of Men »

The real Fisher of Men is back. Nice to see that I'm liked so much that someone tried to duplicate my name and be all clever using a 3 as the "E".

Well the real Slim Shady is back.

With plenty of folks on my ignore list I've walked in prepared to turn the other cheek. I will also be walking away from any fights instead of standing and fighting. Punch away.....I'll keep walking.

TazKristy put it very nicely today in another thread, as did Hannibal Lecter. It was something like, without fuel the fire will die. Well, I'm like dynomite, here to suck up all the oxygen so that the fire cannot burn any longer.

No more fires! :cool:

Glad to be here!
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

FISHED IN! :confused: BY FISHER OF VIN!!!!!
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

WWhat was wrong with Benchmade?

Nobody likes you that much you are a joke

Like i said before

you sad this in my post seen here http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... t=Military
Originally Posted by Fisher of Men
Vinny,

All you do is come onto these forums and cause trouble. Here we go with another round about something wrong with a Para-Military. You don't like the silver lock. The knife is too hard to close. It's just "OK".

I would suggest you maybe not buy knives, or if you do you just go get some $20 Buck knife from Home Depot and forget about it.

I'm just tired of seeing this forum ruined by garbage talk coming out of your mouth via a keyboard.

If you're going to do this again....just leave man. Just leave.

and then a few weeks later he posts the same exact question seen

here http://spyderco.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=Para

or this quote incase he deletes it.

Fisher of Men wrote:Below are 2 different looking black bladed Para-Militarys. The first one is the better looking I think. All the screws, and the compression lock are blacked out and the logo and writing on the blade are more whilte. The bottom picture looks worse.

In the very near future I'm going to be trying to grab a black bladed Para-Mil and I would rather have the one that is like the top photo. Can anyone tell me which is the current kind and if I can get the kind in the top picture? :)

I have this gut feeling telling me the top picture is a prototype and is non-existant. :(

The top photo is the one from Spyderco's website, and the bottom one has been photoshopped to remove logo's from a familiar online dealer we all like :)

Is the bottom one the only one out there? If that's the case I think I'll go for the standard non coated blade.

Thanks for reading,
David

Your a joke
Fisher of M3n

Post by Fisher of M3n »

Fisher'o man
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15168

read that, see how much people like you so much
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I am glad you are back David. Missed you.

Your at the right place to turn the other cheek. Plenty of practice here, but don't let it discourage you.

Did you realy sell all your :spyder: except for one?
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
pfkasc

Post by pfkasc »

Don't listen to any of that criticism. You are the heart and soul of this forum. It wasn't the same without you. Poster formally known as Spyder Colchester, out.
Leviticus 19:19 -More like a guideline, actually
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

ghostrider wrote:I am glad you are back David. Missed you.

Your at the right place to turn the other cheek. Plenty of practice here, but don't let it discourage you.

Did you realy sell all your :spyder: except for one?
Thanks. It's good to be back.

Had one Spydie, still have it.

Right now I have a Green Salsa PE, and a Shabaria. Soon to get maybe a Yojimbo, or a Dodo.

Trust me. Aint a soul on this forum that could make me budge. The entire forum could go against me and I'd still stand and post.

This thread really isn't even good practice. It's a walk in the park ;)

God Bless,
David
ken

Post by ken »

FoM-

Nice to see ya back. I did notice someone tryin' to copy the real FoM so you must be flattered by that!

Vincent-

I think FoM is truely a decent person but than again I think your ok but if you keep mis-behavin' I'm going to have to get that plane ticket you offered devec and I'm comin' to the "bronx" to spank ya.

ken
ken
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

yeah u wish
ken

Post by ken »

Vincent wrote:yeah u wish

Well I saw you online and I know it wouldn't take much to get a rise out of you!

Anyway it would be a good vacation because I've never been past Nebraska.
Oh BTW thanks for not jumpin' on my case for saying that....

ken
ken
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

FoM,

In another thread I've called you unstable as that was how I interpreted your behaviour over the past months. Although it is non of my business I for one would like some explanation as to what sends you off and brings you back.
i.v

Post by i.v »

:confused: i really am at a loss as to what has been happining here lately with you FoM, welcome back anyway ;)
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Gerard Breuker wrote:FoM,

In another thread I've called you unstable as that was how I interpreted your behaviour over the past months. Although it is non of my business I for one would like some explanation as to what sends you off and brings you back.
Nothing sends me off and brings me back. I simply stopped posting here about a week ago because I was tired of the crap. It was unfortunate that someone took my post WAY out of context from the Benchmade forum and posted it over here. It was simply my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. It was funny to see who jumped on the "kick FoM" bandwagon. Those folks are now on my ignore list. There were 4 people here who didn't "dis" me and went out of their way to help me.

In tough times you see who your friends are.
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

FoM,

Thank you for answering my question. I do hope your life online will be less eventful in the future (in a negative way that is).

BTW who is Slim Shady?
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Gerard Breuker wrote:FoM,

Thank you for answering my question. I do hope your life online will be less eventful in the future (in a negative way that is).

BTW who is Slim Shady?
:D Thanks.

The Slim Shady reference is a to a song by Eminem. It seemed like a funny title because there was someone here calling themselves "Fisher of M3n" that wasn't me. In the Slim Shady music video they show tons of Shady impersonators. I don't really care for Eminem, but the song title fit. :)

Cheers,
David ;)
aquaboy420

Post by aquaboy420 »

Wow, FoM, back in the saddle again I see. I missed seeing you around here and hope you'll stay for the long haul. Peace buddy. :)

-greg
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

I Know I Am On Fom Ignore List, As I Have Attacked Him And I Make No Bones About It. Fom And I Joined At About The Same Time, I Dont Hate Fom But I Have Read Several Threads Lately About How This Forum Has Changed For The Worse, And I Do Believe Fom Is A Big Part Of That, I Am Sorry But I Will Stand By That Statement. Yet Some Of The People Who Were Involved In These Very Threads Welcome Him Back, And Now Spydercholchesters Back Welcoming Fom.

I Have Not Seen Jdee Since Fom Made Comments About Brick And Mortar Dealers Business Practices.

I Was Here When Fom Flew The Benchmade Banner As An Avatar.

I Was Here When Sal Offered To Replace His Knife No Questions Asked And Fom Put; Changed To Benchmade Because Of Poor Customer Service As His Signature.

I Was Here When His Post Went Up That Seki City Knives Feel Cheap And He Does Not Like Japan Stamped On His Blade.

I Have Been Here For More Than That As I Could Go On, This Is Not An Attack This Is Reality, These Things Happened. Like I Said I Have Given Him Chance After Chance And Always The Same, And Now Slim Shady Is Back. How Long Before Another Outburst, I Am A Very Forgiving Person But I Am Not Forgetful. I Will Give Fom Another Chance, Because I Have No Choice He Is Back, Just Like Everyday I Come Here And Try To Give Others With Far Worse Track Records A Another Chance In Hopes It Will Improve. #9
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

[quote="WORKER#9"]I Know I Am On Fom Ignore List, As I Have Attacked Him And I Make No Bones About It. Fom And I Joined At About The Same Time, I Dont Hate Fom But I Have Read Several Threads Lately About How This Forum Has Changed For The Worse, And I Do Believe Fom Is A Big Part Of That, I Am Sorry But I Will Stand By That Statement. Yet Some Of The People Who Were Involved In These Very Threads Welcome Him Back, And Now Spydercholchesters Back Welcoming Fom.

I Have Not Seen Jdee Since Fom Made Comments About Brick And Mortar Dealers Business Practices.

I Was Here When Fom Flew The Benchmade Banner As An Avatar.

I Was Here When Sal Offered To Replace His Knife No Questions Asked And Fom Put]

Great post. Thanks for partaking in this thread. Good to have you :)

Actually, you're not on my ignore list.

I tend to wear my heart on my sleve. I live my life a bit more in front of people than other people on this forum do. Bad, good, ? Who knows. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had problems. I just happen to be one who is a bit more open about sharing them. Probably a fault of mine.

I forgive everyone. I have no choice. How can I not forgive when Christ has forgiven me? I never expect people here to forgive me and give me more chances. It really just doesn't matter at this point. I'm moving forward.

Again, great post, and thanks for being honest.

Cheers,
David
Hannibal Lecter

A Few Thoughts...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

David:
Fisher of Men wrote:I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve. I live my life a bit more in front of people than other people on this forum do. Bad, good, ? Who knows. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had problems. I just happen to be one who is a bit more open about sharing them. Probably a fault of mine.
Not a fault, just an observation of fact. We can all tend to get emotionally charged from time to time, some more than others. In fact, I myself share that tendency.

In the event of addressing an emotionally charged issue what I will do is compose an e-mail or post via Microsoft Word or the like, edit and re-read it, and then read it once more for clarity and context. I also attempt to determine what, if anything, can be easily taken out of context or misconstrued as offensive. Only then will I post it. Whenever I depart from this habit, I always regret it after the fact.

Just a possibility to explore to avoid saying things we might later regret.
Fisher of Men wrote:I forgive everyone. I have no choice. How can I not forgive when Christ has forgiven me? I never expect people here to forgive me and give me more chances. It really just doesn't matter at this point. I'm moving forward.
As should we all. There has been quite enough unpleasantness of late.
Fisher of Men wrote:Again, great post, and thanks for being honest.
David, I haven't said it up to this point due to lack of time (busy day at work), but welcome back!

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."